PDA

View Full Version : Help With Printing Out Verizon Text Messages

NYR2711
07-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey everyone, I need some help. As some of you might now, I have been fighting with my sister over my moms estate over the past almost year. My sister is the executor of her estate, but she hasnt done anything to help me out with cleaning out my moms house so we can sell it or any of the exenses. Today I had it with her, and we had a huge blowout, and I am done with her. We had the fight through text messaging, because I wanted to save everything she has said. I have verizon, and am now trying to print out all of the texts we sent for the lawyers office. Both the lawyer and myself have not had any help from her. If anyone knows how I can print them out, I need the date, time and who sent what. I called verizon and the lady told me she only knows of forwarding the text to your email. I tried that and it only sent the text, not the date, time and who said it. Any help would be much appriciated. I am doing this to try to recoup money I have had to shell out, well over 10 grand, and these texts prove that she wasnt doing anything to help, and that she wasnt offering to pay for anything and that disproves her lies that she is accusing many people of. It sucks that I have to do this, but as of now, it doesnt bother me because I have no relationship with my sister or her drunk scumbag husband.

Pete
07-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Unfortunatley, Verizon will only print a text message report with a court order. Have your lawyer do it. He probably will have more luck.

NYR2711
07-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Damn, that is dumb. Ill have to try that when the time comes. For now, I was going to just lock all the messages on my phone, and I guess I will type them out into word, and keep both. Thanks though.

NEOXL112
07-15-2011, 07:48 PM
In curious why you paid any kind of money???was it some agreement that you'll recoup expense after the house is sold?? Do u even have title??? Whose the house left to In the will.. Don't mean to pry. I'm a law school student - just trying to understand the situation and help the best I can ...

Aldo i have AT&T not verizon - google might have answers for u though

Niagaraiceman
07-15-2011, 08:46 PM
From Verizon's site

Can I view and/or print my text messaging content?
Users who login to the Verizon Wireless text messaging website to send/receive text messages can view/print content and corresponding replies for 120 hours after the original message is sent.
Messages sent from or received on your device cannot be viewed in any other medium. You can, however, forward text messages to an email address, and then view/print them just like any other email.
Text messaging content is not available through My Verizon.

You can probably manually write in the timestamp, however, if it does go to court, the records would need to be subpoenaed as they need to be official.

viventi
07-15-2011, 08:59 PM
What kind of phone do you have? If you have a droid I can show you how.

NYR2711
07-16-2011, 10:40 AM
What kind of phone do you have? If you have a droid I can show you how.

I have the original droid that came out. I tried hooking it up to my laptop, but couldnt ind the files for text messages on it.

NYR2711
07-16-2011, 10:48 AM
In curious why you paid any kind of money???was it some agreement that you'll recoup expense after the house is sold?? Do u even have title??? Whose the house left to In the will.. Don't mean to pry. I'm a law school student - just trying to understand the situation and help the best I can ...

Aldo i have AT&T not verizon - google might have answers for u though

The first bill I had to pay was for the funeral home, she was the one that signed the paper work for it, but then refused to pay it, and they were going to take the money out of my moms estate, but there wasnt that much money at the time, but the lawyer told me I am entitled to get that back. The rest of the money I shelled out was to change the locks on the house, getting a dumpster for a week and just getting things done on the house that needed to be done. Since Im not the executor of the house, the lawyer wants a record of the days I went over thereto do the work so I can get paid for it. The text messages are proof that she didnt come down. I am supposed to be paid back once the house gets sold, but because my sister wasnt coming down and its just me cleaning the house, my aunts, uncles and cousins also helped, it is taking so long that I dont know what is going to be left when the house finally does sell. The house was left to both me and my sister, but like I said she is the executor, and hasnt been signing or delayed signing paperwork to where everything has gotten backed up. I cant even list the house for sale because I cant sign any paperwork with a realator. The lawyers are in the process of trying to get me to be co-executor, but that is taking time in the courts.

viventi
07-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I have the original droid that came out. I tried hooking it up to my laptop, but couldnt ind the files for text messages on it.

Not how I was going to say to do it. You can have the texts backed up onto your gmail account with timestamps, who they were from, etc. And print them out from gmails website.

BleedzNYRBlue
07-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Jeez Chris, this totally sucks! I'm sorry you're going through this. :( I hope you can get this resolved soon.

NYR2711
07-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Not how I was going to say to do it. You can have the texts backed up onto your gmail account with timestamps, who they were from, etc. And print them out from gmails website.

Cool, thank you. I always forget about my gmail account.

NYR2711
07-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Jeez Chris, this totally sucks! I'm sorry you're going through this. :( I hope you can get this resolved soon.

Thank you. I should have expected this from her, and everyone in my family kept saying she was going to be like this, I just didnt listen and thought she would finally step up. We didnt talk for a long time, an then to make my mom happy, I tried to work things out with her, but it just didnt work. She is mainly jealous because I was able to succeed down here and her and her husband werent, due to no faut ut their own, but they try to blame me for their failures. My parents really didnt get along to well with her either, they manly kept thing civil because of their kids.

viventi
07-18-2011, 12:07 AM
The app is called SMS backup, I believe. I haven't used my droid for a few months, and hadn't used that app in a long time but when I tried it, it worked. Just look for one in the android market that backs up to your gmail account. Good luck.