• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[Non-Forum Related] Fantasy Football

josh

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I had a draft in a 10 man league $100/team last night. I had the 3rd pick in the draft and this is how my team ended up..... The lineup needs 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 WR/RB Flex 1 DEF 1 Kicker

QB-Tony Romo

QB-Matt Stattford

QB-Mark Sanchez

RB-Chris Johnson

RB-Shonn Greene

RB-Felix Jones

RB-Mark Ingram

WR-Roddy White

WR-Calvin Johnson

WR-Miles Austin

WR-Micheal Crabtree

WR-Randy Moss

TE-Dustin Keller

TE-Ben Watson

DEF-Packers

DEF-Steelers

K-Janikowski

K-Carpenter

The problem with a huge bench like that is you always end up kicking yourself when you leave like 80 points there every week lol. And thats really feasible with your team

Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes when some of those players dropped to me like Roddy White late 2nd round, Tony Romo, Shonn Greene in the 7th round.

I know everyone always thinks they drafted a championship team, but I'm telling you guys... my team is so far ahead of any other team. There is 1 team that I can see putting up a fight but other than that team the drop off is huge.

I have another question for you guys. I am thinking hard right now about a move that would make me look really bad, I am talking signing Scott Gomez bad :D

A few weeks ago I traded for Jonathan Stewart as my second RB-Keeper, but with the deadline to set Keepers today I get second thoughts, after reading about how the Panthers used him yesterday and him being 2nd behind Williams.

To keep him I would have to give up my 3rd Round Pick this season, which is really expensive for a 3rd Rate Fantasy-RB, even though RB are rare goods in our league.

So I am thinking about keeping Marcedes Lewis (TE, Jaguars) instead. Had nearly the same amount of points as Stewart last year and would cost me nearly nothing to keep, as he was a Free Agent Pick up (which cost the last avaiable Pick in our League to keep)

So Stewart for a 3rd or Lewis for a 20+, any thoughts on this?

Lewis is tough. He's really coming into his own, as a TE in the NFL. If he didn't just sign a contract I would have expected a career year. Also, Garrard is hurt and he may have a rookie throwing to him. Rookie QBs tend to love their TEs, but they rarely throw TD passes to them. (Something I notice)

But, you can't give up a 3rd round pick for Stewart, at this point. Of the two options, I keep Lewis.

Lewis is tough. He's really coming into his own, as a TE in the NFL. If he didn't just sign a contract I would have expected a career year. Also, Garrard is hurt and he may have a rookie throwing to him. Rookie QBs tend to love their TEs, but they rarely throw TD passes to them. (Something I notice)

But, you can't give up a 3rd round pick for Stewart, at this point. Of the two options, I keep Lewis.

Not even a question. It has to be this.

Supports my gut feeling, so I will go with it and bear the laughter I will receive for this from my league colleagues.

I should stop trading, I totally suck at it. :D

Thanks for your replies guys.

just finished my draft i had a solid draft

1st round-Rivers

2nd round-Charles

3rd round-Gore

4th round-Bryant

5th round-Harvin

6th round-Best

7th round-Daniels

8th round-Ryan

9th round-Burress

10th round-Lewis

11th round-Torain

12th round-Bears D

13th round-Rackers

14th round-Cheifs D

15th round-Longwell

16th round-Britt(keeper)

solid draft

OK, fair enough then. I hate leagues like that. My buddy was telling me he is in a league where if a QB gets a running TD its double points, if a RB gets a receiving/throwing TD its double points and all of those other bonuses that you just listed.

we have been doing double TD's for 8 years in our league it adds more excitement on a sunday when we are all watching and Rivers throws that 55 yard bomb to Floyd, its awesome knowing it is 12 points, but if u have the WR/QB combo it would be worth 24 + the point for the grab + the yards for the receiver

If I have a chance to snag one of the top QBs in the first couple rounds, I do. But, if the top 5 or 6 are off the board, I wait and grab a Big-Ben or Sanchez type guy in the later rounds. The last few seasons I've had Matt Ryan, Big Ben, then Sanchez. All with later picks, and all put up enough points in comparison to the round in which I drafted them.

Archived