• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

• Phil unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

Ramsdale is insanely good. And he's got a bit of swagger to him. We've really gotten on a roll recently, playing Arteta-ball and him having finally purchased the personnel he wants. Tomiyasu looks like on hell of a player. 

Only thing we'll need to look out for in a few years are replacements for Auba, Laca, and Partey as they continue to get older.

40 minutes ago, Xander said:

Not much of a statement against the other crumbling "big six" team with a manager about to get fired after a dozen games

I don’t know man. Couldn’t disagree more. it’s still a statement game when you come out there and actually take care of business knowing the entire world has eyes on you.  They just as easily could have came out flat but they didn’t. New formation, new style, and got it done. Two more big games this coming

week. 

Edited by Keirik

I'm hoping they can keep it up tbh. They had a good year last year and are back in the Champions League. I like Ole and think he's done a pretty good job overall.

In general, soccer is such a fickle sport when it comes to supporting managers. United had a bad run of four games where they lost three and drew one, and have won or drew any of the other games they've played. They're still 5th and only three points back of Man City. This isn't a bad place to be in 1/4 of the way through the season.

16 minutes ago, Xander said:

I'm hoping they can keep it up tbh. They had a good year last year and are back in the Champions League. I like Ole and think he's done a pretty good job overall.

In general, soccer is such a fickle sport when it comes to supporting managers. United had a bad run of four games where they lost three and drew one, and have won or drew any of the other games they've played. They're still 5th and only three points back of Man City. This isn't a bad place to be in 1/4 of the way through the season.

Yeah, for sure. I’m not sold on Ole because it shouldn’t have taken that Liverpool game in the first place for him to get more effort out of the squad. However it’s ridiculously fickle considering g a few weeks into the season the same pundits were talking about them being the United of old with the return of Ronaldo.  I’m just hoping this was a wake up call but we shall see. It’s Tottenham so there is that sense that we all know Tottenham are the smallest of “the big six” by a country mile 

I am loving the current landscape since after three weeks, Tottenham were top of the league while we were bottom. They've since crashed back down and already want to sack Nuno. And after the summer they had where they hired and then didn't hire like 3-4 managers and it was just absolute shambles, this is so satisfying. Especially as an Arsenal fan.

Edited by Xander

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

I am loving the current landscape since after three weeks, Tottenham were top of the league while we were bottom. They've since crashed back down and already want to sack Nuno. And after the summer they had where they hired and then didn't hire like 3-4 managers and it was just absolute shambles, this is so satisfying. Especially as an Arsenal fan.

And Kane looks like a shell of himself too. He’s done absolutely fuck all this year

Arsenal currently in 5th, 2 points behind Liverpool and 6 points behind top spot. Arteta has truly turned this team around since an abysmal first three games. Really liking Lacazette behind Auba for link up play with the midfield, and ESR on the left and jumping in while our LB pushes up the wing. The system is starting to work and the players are gelling well. 

Linked with some strikers in January such as Vlahovic and Kovic, which I think would eventually spell the end of Lacazette and prove a successor to Auba.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Canada is making Mexico play in Edmonton tonight lol. -8 Celsius st kick off. 

Good.  Thing bothers me more than when the US plays !e icon and schedules the game in places like Texas or San Diego. We finally made them play in Cincinnati last week and it was glorious.