• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

Understood, but there isn't a direct relation of money to burning out or killing player development.

That was my point.

No, but it causes a direct effect on what kids should and shouldn't be on the team.

Wow, just got a call from the AA coach. They want Michael. This AA team could probably smoke most AAA teams. Now I just have to hope he wants to go there. This coach has such a good following that 4 tier 1 kids didn't try out for the team so they could stay with this guy.

Wow, just got a call from the AA coach. They want Michael. This AA team could probably smoke most AAA teams. Now I just have to hope he wants to go there. This coach has such a good following that 4 tier 1 kids didn't try out for the team so they could stay with this guy.

:thumbs: :happy:

Awesome news. Sounds like a good situation, too. Hopefully free of politics and a place where he can have fun.

Does he know anyone else on that team?

Hey Mikey, tell Michael he sucks ;) and I guess congrats as well.

I won't post what he said in response to this.

Awesome news. Sounds like a good situation, too. Hopefully free of politics and a place where he can have fun.

Does he know anyone else on that team?

Yes, 2 very good tier 1 kids left the Avs to come to this team. He also played/plays on a tournament team with a few of the kids and he's played against kids from this team several times.

I do hope you realize that when Michael is drafted by the Devils, we're going to have to exorcise him.

They picked the team after the 1st night of tryouts. Soooooooo glad this is all over. Michael was so pumped to see his name on the list and is really looking forward to next season.

xYECJ.gif

Great news, congrats!! :thumbs:

I do hope you realize that when Michael is drafted by the Devils, we're going to have to exorcise him.

That would be the ideal definition of bitter-sweet.

xYECJ.gif

Great news, congrats!! :thumbs:

Thanks !! You're the gif master. I spit my lemonade all over my shirt.

Congrats to Michael.

I'm still confused as to all of this........do they practice all summer?

Do they just pick the teams then come back together in September?

What happens if a kid develops of the summer?

What happens if a kid moves, or another kid moves to that area?

Congrats to Michael.

I'm still confused as to all of this........do they practice all summer?

Do they just pick the teams then come back together in September?

What happens if a kid develops of the summer?

What happens if a kid moves, or another kid moves to that area?

1. Tier 1 begins practice in the spring and will take the summer off. Tier 2 AA will start practices in August.

2. All the tier 1 teams were picked last week. There still might be a spot or 2 open on some squads, but for the most part they're done. Tier 2 will be done after Thursday night. In Michael's case, this AA team was pretty much hand picked before the kids took the ice last night, so the list was up for that team. The 01 and 02 AA teams were picked so now those kids don't have to come back. They just took 25-30 kids off the ice for the next 2 nights. It makes things easier for them to pick the A and B teams. There were over 70 kids there last night and 8 goalies. Now the other kids could get a look.

3. If a kid develops over the summer to such a noticeable difference, god bless him. The team he's on is very lucky. There is also the possibility he can get called up to play on the highest team that the program has to offer (not every org has AAA). If he plays 2 games in tier 1, he can't return to tier 2 that season.

4. If a kid moves the organization will usually refund the tuition being that the kid never really touched the ice yet. If a new kids moves in, I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will take him at whatever level he's capable of playing at.

1. Tier 1 begins practice in the spring and will take the summer off. Tier 2 AA will start practices in August.

2. All the tier 1 teams were picked last week. There still might be a spot or 2 open on some squads, but for the most part they're done. Tier 2 will be done after Thursday night. In Michael's case, this AA team was pretty much hand picked before the kids took the ice last night, so the list was up for that team. The 01 and 02 AA teams were picked so now those kids don't have to come back. They just took 25-30 kids off the ice for the next 2 nights. It makes things easier for them to pick the A and B teams. There were over 70 kids there last night and 8 goalies. Now the other kids could get a look.

3. If a kid develops over the summer to such a noticeable difference, god bless him. The team he's on is very lucky. There is also the possibility he can get called up to play on the highest team that the program has to offer (not every org has AAA). If he plays 2 games in tier 1, he can't return to tier 2 that season.

4. If a kid moves the organization will usually refund the tuition being that the kid never really touched the ice yet. If a new kids moves in, I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will take him at whatever level he's capable of playing at.

Good information.

We have to "set" our rosters by Dec 31st for nationals....so we can bring kids up and down as need be.

Typically we have only moved kids up, (due to injury).................but miss the ol' days when we use to send kids down :)

Set a MUCH better atmosphere having that option!

Good information.

We have to "set" our rosters by Dec 31st for nationals....so we can bring kids up and down as need be.

Typically we have only moved kids up, (due to injury).................but miss the ol' days when we use to send kids down :)

Set a MUCH better atmosphere having that option!

Our rosters have to be set by 12/31 too, but once you bring a kid up for 2 games he can't go back down. And I think if a rule was in place to send a kid down and that actually happened, that would cause a war. There are parents here that bring their kids to 3 or more organizations until their happy with a team that they're put on. Letter chasing is huge around here.

Our rosters have to be set by 12/31 too, but once you bring a kid up for 2 games he can't go back down. And I think if a rule was in place to send a kid down and that actually happened, that would cause a war. There are parents here that bring their kids to 3 or more organizations until their happy with a team that they're put on. Letter chasing is huge around here.

What's letter chasing?

What's letter chasing?

Didn't make this AAA team, try another one. Can't make that AAA team, try another one. Didn't make that AAA team, try an AA team, can't make that one, try another AA team, etc ....

Didn't make this AAA team, try another one. Can't make that AAA team, try another one. Didn't make that AAA team, try an AA team, can't make that one, try another AA team, etc ....

Ahhhhhh,

Yes, the nice thing about only having one organization for comp hockey within a 400 mile range :)

1 Major Team

1 Minor Team

Thank you very much to the rest of you, go play Tier 3/Tier 4

Ahhhhhh,

Yes, the nice thing about only having one organization for comp hockey within a 400 mile range :)

1 Major Team

1 Minor Team

Thank you very much to the rest of you, go play Tier 3/Tier 4

:rofl: Yeah, things are different around here.

• 2 weeks later...
First game of the spring season tonight, 5:30 at AmeriHealth. I just found out that Rihanna has a concert tonight at the Rock. If I have to walk with my crutches for more than 1 block, I'm gonna make that bitch wish Chris Brown was still her boyfriend.