• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

5 hours ago, josh said:

Are you just looking for a shooting board? Plastic for the ground to shoot off. 

Not sure how much land you have, but tiny rinks are not fun if you can’t take a stride or two. The cheap kits require an incredibly flat surface because there’s no depth in the plastic liner

I mean ideally if its good for skating id like to at least be able to take a lap. We have a good 18x24 concrete area thats fairly flat. 

4 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I tried the synthetic ice that my brother got for my nephew.  I’m not a fan of it for skating.  It’s decent for stick handling and shooting

hmmm interesting 

• 1 month later...

You guys back to normal? 

We have to have security at every ice time. The unvaccinated aren't welcome. I'm tying a lot of skates lol. 

I have two kids in, now, and I'm helping with goalies on a travel team, as well as running player development for our Org. I can't wait till April, already. 

We have to show our handy vaccination passport, as well as photo ID, and then sign two seperate registers. One for Municipality, one for OMHA. 

We've only had minor incidents, but down the road in Ripley, they called the cops on a mother and arrested her on the spot. lol. 

Fortunately, the UN has assured us we're all very happy people and enjoy many freedoms, so we're good, now. 

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

We have to show our handy vaccination passport, as well as photo ID, and then sign two seperate registers. One for Municipality, one for OMHA. 

We've only had minor incidents, but down the road in Ripley, they called the cops on a mother and arrested her on the spot. lol. 

Fortunately, the UN has assured us we're all very happy people and enjoy many freedoms, so we're good, now. 

Even had team pics today. All those kids posing as a team and coaches. No masks.

Coaches do have to wear masks at all times, except for pictures.

Sabres and Amerks have a Vax policy to attend, same with local colleges, but no rinks require that. 

• 1 month later...

Government broached the topic of shutting sports down, again, yesterday. It's gonna happen if they're floating it, now. Hypochondriacs always win, it seems.

There's nothing in this world that gives me more joy than watching my two boys play hockey.

31 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Government broached the topic of shutting sports down, again, yesterday. It's gonna happen if they're floating it, now. Hypochondriacs always win, it seems.

There's nothing in this world that gives me more joy than watching my two boys play hockey.

You misspelled "Omicron".

Edited by Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally get a kid that just dominates his peers, and they shut er all down.

My 5 YO was in tears when we got home last night after his last practice, probably for the year. I hope we lose to Kazakstahn, and get relegated, at the 2030 WJC.

We're loaded with games and tourneys this month... so I know we will all end up getting quarantined.

They recently required everyone to wear masks on ice. You see more and more kids not wearing them. But if you have to wear it for the game, get used to it.

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

I finally get a kid that just dominates his peers, and they shut er all down.

My 5 YO was in tears when we got home last night after his last practice, probably for the year. I hope we lose to Kazakstahn, and get relegated, at the 2030 WJC.

chess is the new hockey.  But there are new activities you can do with your kids now instead of organized hockey.  You can teach them how properly smoke a cigarette, how to curse someone out, more exotic ways of masturbation, beat your 5 year old with a snow shovel until he admits he rather be a 42 year old woman, etc

Edited by CCCP
  • LMFAO 2

20 minutes ago, Dunny said:

It's Canada in January. The entire premise of our existence is organized hockey. 

at least your weather is probably cold to skate outdoors. We dont get more than 30 hours below freezing.

It's been mild, but I get reports from my buddies that live on the lake, here. We're close.

My oldest is 12, he and buddies are abandoning online school, with my blessing. Online school is even more useless than actual school, they're at a buddies cottage a little further north, that dad's telling me they're doing 4 hours a day on the rink. They're all on the same team, were in 1st place in a 32 team loop. (Local League).

4 best friends, unlimited ice time and full gaming computer setups. Lockdown life, for him, isn't so bad.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

It's been mild, but I get reports from my buddies that live on the lake, here. We're close.

My oldest is 12, he and buddies are abandoning online school, with my blessing. Online school is even more useless than actual school, they're at a buddies cottage a little further north, that dad's telling me they're doing 4 hours a day on the rink. They're all on the same team, were in 1st place in a 32 team loop. (Local League).

4 best friends, unlimited ice time and full gaming computer setups. Lockdown life, for him, isn't so bad.

last year the kids went in to school 2 times a week. The other 3 he was out skating.

I think he's expecting that to happen this year, but they are full time in school and theres no ice.