• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

What's the "Real Americans" thing I heard about him all about? Stable?

lol, it is something oh so bad. Basically, their manager, Zeb Colter, was talking about how America is being overrun by immigrants and that they are losing their jobs to these illegal aliens. He also talks about how nobody in the States speaks English anymore. This all started when Jack Swagger was feuding with Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title. So Swagger went from the All-American American to The Real American Jack Swagger.

Cesaro was eventually recruited by them to join (which was weird because Cesaro used to bash Americans in his promos pre-stable) and they started calling themselves The Real Americans... even though Cesaro is Switz.

Swagger btw, while very unimpressive and boring (and the lisp doesnt help) has an AMAZING entrance theme.

So Swagger, who I last remember getting a ton of heat for essentially ripping off of Kurt Angle's, well, everything, is still at it?

Never could stand that guy.

Yeah, he is an idiot. Cesaro should eventually get some title runs within a year or two. Was really hoping he would win MITB but that went to Sandow who isn't as good as Cesaro, IMO.

It'll never happen like that again. The 90-day no-compete clause has assured us all of that.

But if it does, the "impact" (no pun intended) of the performer jumping ship is likely to be closer to a WWE guy going to TNA than the other way around. Most WWE fans don't know who wrestles in TNA, so AJ Styles or Samoa Joe or guys like that leaving would only appeal to the smarks.

On the flip side, if Orton gets canned on his third strike, let's say, and TNA snatches him up, it'd be a major major pick up for them.

It'll never happen like that again. The 90-day no-compete clause has assured us all of that.

But if it does, the "impact" (no pun intended) of the performer jumping ship is likely to be closer to a WWE guy going to TNA than the other way around. Most WWE fans don't know who wrestles in TNA, so AJ Styles or Samoa Joe or guys like that leaving would only appeal to the smarks.

On the flip side, if Orton gets canned on his third strike, let's say, and TNA snatches him up, it'd be a major major pick up for them.

I'd hate for AJ or Samoa to leave because WWE would ruin them. TNA in 2013 needs what Sting and Jeff Jarrett were for them in 2002.

TNA is reportedly sinking in the water.

With the impact zone now in deals elsewhere, they are forced to be on the road(which is largely the better option, on paper anyways).

Each taping (2 shows per week) costs the company 600k.

There are rumors many names will be jumping ship ,and that many wrestlers are having trouble receiving pay - and have been asked to take cuts on what they are expecting to get.

Yeah, and all those rumors are unfounded and completely unproven. Not everything you read in a dirt sheet is clean. That's why it's called a dirt sheet.

The cuts they've made thus far were for seldom used lower-card performers who received a monthly salary in addition to pay-per-appearance fees, so they were cutting salary for guys they weren't using. This is straight from the horses mouth from Joey Ryan, who was one of them.

Fact is, the late pay was ultimately determined to be an issue with Panda Energy, the parent company of TNA, not TNA, so don't count your chickens before they hatch, because the company is far from bankrupt.

Sure do. They're my wrestling baby. Fell in love with them the same way I did WCW, so I never want to see what happened to WCW happen again, let alone to TNA.

I also moderate the TNA section of WrestleZone, where I'm constantly dealing with the "TNA is going out of biz!" people, so I'm used to hearing these things on a daily basis. 90% of them haven't a clue either. They see some report from someone credible like Meltzler or Alvarez, then re-report it on their own dirt sheet and add what they think gets them hits. This is how stories like the late pay one turn into rhetoric. A few performers happened to receive a late pay check because of some accounting issue with Panda Energy, not TNA, which someone like Meltzer or Alvarez report, and then the copy cats come out to play, and all of a sudden "late pay" turns into buzzwords like "bankruptcy", "out of business", "financial peril", "poor ratings", etc. None of which are actually true. But it drives more clicks, so hey, "report" away right?

I consider these guys the same as HockeyyInsiderr or Eklund. They're rumor mongers who apply 1% truth to make up 99% lies so "sell" stories.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read, Ortiz was more than likely a push from Spike TV and not nearly as much the idea of TNA. Since losing the UFC, they've taken a substantial ratings hit, and Bellator hasn't taken off as much as they'd like, so it makes sense that SpikeTV would want to use the TNA platform (their highest rated weekly program) to draw attention to Bellator.

I'm fine with it so long as this doesn't go the Pacman Jones route. Keep the titles off him and limit his exposure to something very specific, like feuding with Jackson, and things should be fine.

My guess is, with them fighting in less than a month, Jackson will take the pin at Hardcore Justice after being screwed by Tito and be "forced" to "leave" TNA.

From what I've read, Ortiz was more than likely a push from Spike TV and not nearly as much the idea of TNA. Since losing the UFC, they've taken a substantial ratings hit, and Bellator hasn't taken off as much as they'd like, so it makes sense that SpikeTV would want to use the TNA platform (their highest rated weekly program) to draw attention to Bellator.

I'm fine with it so long as this doesn't go the Pacman Jones route. Keep the titles off him and limit his exposure to something very specific, like feuding with Jackson, and things should be fine.

My guess is, with them fighting in less than a month, Jackson will take the pin at Hardcore Justice after being screwed by Tito and be "forced" to "leave" TNA.

Yeah you don't have to look to deeply into the situation to figure most of those things out.

In any case, its not a terrible idea if its kept out of the big picture.

The way he stood there however was just.... plain awkward.. .you could see in his eyes (unlike Rampage) that he just had no clue as to what to do.

Him standing there wasn't that bad. The crowd reaction, or lack there of, was pretty horrid though. This is part of the problem with this insistence on merging the worlds of MMA and wrestling. While there might still be a few cross-over fans left to recruit to either end, most of the time people watch MMA because they like real fighting, and wrestling because they like the story lines — it's rare the two actually relate all that closely.

Him standing there wasn't that bad. The crowd reaction, or lack there of, was pretty horrid though. This is part of the problem with this insistence on merging the worlds of MMA and wrestling. While there might still be a few cross-over fans left to recruit to either end, most of the time people watch MMA because they like real fighting, and wrestling because they like the story lines — it's rare the two actually relate all that closely.

As much as it was the crowd , it was Tito as well.. he doesn't have the name brand value (in this niche) that allows him to stand cross armed, eyeballing - with no explanation, no aggression, nothing. Emotionless, perhaps confused look on his face.

It was a bomb, terrible stuff.

Not really. I still need to see it flesh out before I call it a bomb. Bombs imply utter explosion an destruction. You want an example of a bomb? Victory Road with Hardy and Sting. Or the RAW GM being a computer that turned out to be Hornswaggle.

Labarbera's new Oilers mask.

http://www.davidarrigo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Jason-LaBarbera-2013-Edmonton-Oilers-1.jpg

http://www.davidarrigo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Jason-LaBarbera-2013-Edmonton-Oilers-2.jpg