• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

On Phil's wedding day, when the church doors open, Phil will come running down the aisle with this playing, run circles around the alter, and then shake some tassels or something.

[video=youtube;xbLZ9lx-e5w]

This honestly made me LOL

Damn, I'm going to miss Mick. He might be old and worn out, but he can still give a great promo in the ring.

Oh well. I don't think iMPACT will be affected too much anyway. They still have this X-Division storyline going and other stuff.

Dreamer being too greedy I bet. Blah.

• 2 weeks later...

In what sense?

Ratings are consistent (WCW's weren't), they are the highest rated show on SpikeTV, they're operating in the black as per Jarrett (WCW wasn't), and are the second largest televised company in the US behind WWE.

Sting to WWE would have been such a shit move for his career. Big deal — he goes to Wrestlemania to job to Undertaker and then what? Commentary like Booker T? Total irrelevance and no screen time like Nash? He's better off in TNA. He needs them as much as they needed him. Mutually beneficial to stay.

As a fan I would have liked to see Sting. Yes they are the highest rated show on Spike, but their storylines have become predicable. The whole "They" Storyline and the botched return of the MEM and stuff like that shows pisses me off.

The fact that the X Division gets jobbed and the X ring is gone sucks. Ultimate X matches were one of the best parts of TNA in my opinion.

I wonder if CM Punk goes back to TNA.

Well, as to the six-sided ring, wrestling is done in a "squared circle". The six-sided ring was a gimmick that brought nothing to the table and caused more problems than it created any sort of indentity as most wreslters had no idea how to really work in it having grown up in a tradition ring, not to mention that TNA began with a four-sided ring and only moved to the six-sided ring after AAA used it.

As to the X Division "jobbing", they getting a gigantic push right now. Losing does not equate jobbing. It's furthering the story line of the character of Bischoff trying to crush the division. Ultimate X matches can still be held in a four-sided ring, just as they were to begin with. The six-sided ring was meaningless.

CM Punk is taking time off. Highly doubt he'd go back to TNA.

To plug his awful show, apparently. Boring. Typical WWE nonsense. Use nostalgia to get the crowd pumped for a heartbeat, then denigrate the returning "star" into a a cheap HSN-like pitchman.

You know who else was on RAW last night? DDP. Why? To plug a friggin' WWE DVD. :rolleyes:

To plug his awful show, apparently. Boring. Typical WWE nonsense. Use nostalgia to get the crowd pumped for a heartbeat, then denigrate the returning "star" into a a cheap HSN-like pitchman.

You know who else was on RAW last night? DDP. Why? To plug a friggin' WWE DVD. :rolleyes:

That was an awesome promo by CM Punk, though. One of the best I've ever heard in the WWE in recent memory.