• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

No. This specific segment was actually taped the night before I was there. I was on the broadcast like ten times though.

If you download the episode or watch other clips on the Impact YouTube page, you can see me. I was at the top of the entrance ramp on the right side (when the camera is looking at it). Backwards Rangers' hat on. Blue shirt.

No. This specific segment was actually taped the night before I was there. I was on the broadcast like ten times though.

If you download the episode or watch other clips on the Impact YouTube page, you can see me. I was at the top of the entrance ramp on the right side (when the camera is looking at it). Backwards Rangers' hat on. Blue shirt.

How are you married?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

ROH's roster isn't their issue. Their roster is actually great. They have a lot of ex-TNA main-eventers (Styles, Daniels), as well as Bad Influence — former TNA World Tag Team champions, and the Bucks. Add to that Michael Elgin, Adam Cole, reDRagon, etc. Plenty of talent. The issue is presentation. They still produce the actual televised broadcasts (as well as PPV's) with horrific lighting and production values that just undercut the work being done by the guys in the ring.

With the right investment from Sinclair, all of that can be remedied, but then again, they probably have no desire to pump any money into the product considering what a money pit televised pro-wrestling really is. Not even the WWE are exempt from this. They've recently made a ton of cuts to their own offices and staff, and pulled back on a lot of pyro and talent contracts to get back into the black.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TNA is moving to Destination America, a subsidiary of Discovery Networks in January of 2015. It's official. For at least two more years, TNA/Impact Wrestling will remain on American television! WOO!

http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/items/cache/4fb2177f1968895bb5b23812242cfa42_XL.jpg?t=1416436476

:tweet: @TNADixie: Proud to join the @Discovery family! @IMPACTWRESTLING comes to @DestAmerica in January! http://t.co/xmyk00Qcuf #DestinationIMPACT

TNA is moving to Destination America, a subsidiary of Discovery Networks in January of 2015. It's official. For at least two more years, TNA/Impact Wrestling will remain on American television! WOO!

http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/items/cache/4fb2177f1968895bb5b23812242cfa42_XL.jpg?t=1416436476

:tweet: @TNADixie: Proud to join the @Discovery family! @IMPACTWRESTLING comes to @DestAmerica in January! http://t.co/xmyk00Qcuf #DestinationIMPACT

Question:

How big is this channel in the U.S.? Obviously it's a national broadcast and judging by its name it's not necessarily meant for international audiences, but I do wonder how the product will survive without viewers from Canada and other regions as well.

Question:

How big is this channel in the U.S.? Obviously it's a national broadcast and judging by its name it's not necessarily meant for international audiences, but I do wonder how the product will survive without viewers from Canada and other regions as well.

Not massive, but from what I've read on this deal, they are making IMPACT their flagship show. There are more hours dedicated to TNA, the brand, and more content will also be created. It's less eyeballs, off the bat, but a greater dedication to the product from the network.

As to Canada, they are negotiating a broadcast for it. Carter noted they will update fans on that soon.

:tweet: @TNADixie: A special message to our great fans in Canada. We're negotiating with potential TV partners to bring @IMPACTWRESTLING to you! Stay tuned.

Not massive, but from what I've read on this deal, they are making IMPACT their flagship show. There are more hours dedicated to TNA, the brand, and more content will also be created. It's less eyeballs, off the bat, but a greater dedication to the product from the network.

As to Canada, they are negotiating a broadcast for it. Carter noted they will update fans on that soon.

:tweet: @TNADixie: A special message to our great fans in Canada. We're negotiating with potential TV partners to bring @IMPACTWRESTLING to you! Stay tuned.

Interesting, that does sound beneficial on some levels. Cheers.

Interesting' date=' that does sound beneficial on some levels. Cheers.[/quote']

Yeah, the product is being overhauled from what I've read. New graphics, new everything according to a tweet from one of their producers.

They get a replay on DA, plus more shows/content. It's far less money than Spike was paying, so the product we've know is going to change, but it seems for the better. At least on paper.

I'm really excited to see how much they change. There's a lot of rumors Josh Matthews, who they hired last year, will be joining the broadcast booth as well.

Yeah, the product is being overhauled from what I've read. New graphics, new everything according to a tweet from one of their producers.

They get a replay on DA, plus more shows/content. It's far less money than Spike was paying, so the product we've know is going to change, but it seems for the better. At least on paper.

I'm really excited to see how much they change. There's a lot of rumors Josh Matthews, who they hired last year, will be joining the broadcast booth as well.

I just want to see them abandon the WCW envy, and carve their own path - as ECW did; albeit without the hardcore reliance.