• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Video Game Help

NYR2711

I really want a Wii U so I can play the new Super Smash Bros. I'm trying to play the angle with my gf that we can play together and play Mario Kart and shit.

So far, no luck.

I'll have to see what kind of deals are going on for Black Friday. I think I saw a bundle for $300.

New Super Maro Bros. Wii U is good, and it's essentially what you think it will be. However, I really have to recommend Super Mario 3D World - which is also multiplayer and very accessible for lesser-skilled players, while still offering a challenge. It's genius.

I've never been huge on Nintendo products, but that's just me. I enjoyed my Gameboys and for a short time the original DS, but most of my childhood was me playing games on my PSOne and PS2 and later my Xbox. I think the way you get into gaming just varies. I was playing games like Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter and Kingdom Hearts when I was five and I enjoyed those more than I really did anything on a Nintendo platform. It's all preference. Some younger audiences do tend to draw towards Nintendo, but there really isn't any age for any console really until online gaming becomes a factor.

Totally agree. Way rather have a kid interacting and thinking rather than sitting and watching. Even if a few temper tantrums are involved.

I think this is a huge misstep of this generation, removing all challenge from our children's lives so that they can have a comfortable, leisurely upbringing. Nothing wrong with challenging the brain, or body, at a young age. Any frustration is just an opportunity for them to grow and to learn how to overcome problems.

The issue really is that parents today are too soft and see children as these overwhelmingly precious things that can't be upset in anyway. That and/or the fact most parents are too lazy to, well, parent - and would rather their kids zone out in front of Dora than actually do anything.

• Like 2

I think this is a huge misstep of this generation, removing all challenge from our children's lives so that they can have a comfortable, leisurely upbringing. Nothing wrong with challenging the brain, or body, at a young age. Any frustration is just an opportunity for them to grow and to learn how to overcome problems.

The issue really is that parents today are too soft and see children as these overwhelmingly precious things that can't be upset in anyway. That and/or the fact most parents are too lazy to, well, parent - and would rather their kids zone out in front of Dora than actually do anything.

:clap:

:repped:

I definately decided that i'm going to go the old Wii route, just get one used for the kids with a bunch of games for cheap and skip the Wii U and then when they're older look at what is available at that point.

I just feel that with where my kids fall right now as far as age (2, 4, 7, 9) (this being mostly for the 7 year old and the 9 year old) with the X Box one and PS4 being a bit too adult for them and the Wii U being a bit of a dud the best choice right now is a used Wii.

They have NO video game so far just some simple tablets so even the original Wii will be like a million bucks to them.

I definately decided that i'm going to go the old Wii route, just get one used for the kids with a bunch of games for cheap and skip the Wii U and then when they're older look at what is available at that point.

I just feel that with where my kids fall right now as far as age (2, 4, 7, 9) (this being mostly for the 7 year old and the 9 year old) with the X Box one and PS4 being a bit too adult for them and the Wii U being a bit of a dud the best choice right now is a used Wii.

They have NO video game so far just some simple tablets so even the original Wii will be like a million bucks to them.

Cheers. If you need any recommendations, just give us a holler.

• 6 years later...

Bumping a fairly old thread instead of creating a new one since its still relative to the thread title.

I haven't played games for the better part of close to two decades. I still have a PS3, which I don't even remember using very much. I think I got it on sale to use as a Blue Ray player just in case I wanted to play a game here and there. Anyway...my 4 year old son and I are both obsessed with Back to the Future. Its always been one of my favorite movies, he is taking after me. We were randomly searching youtube and found a video where a guy is playing Grand Theft Auto 5 with a BTTF mod, playing with the DeLorean. Does anyone here know if that can be done on a PS3? I have no clue how the game modding works. I assume it has to be done while playing online with a downloaded game instead of a physical disc game.

That sounds like a pc thing. The only way that would work on a ps3 is with extensive modding that goes well above what 99% people can do. And you'd still need a pc regardless

(at least that's what I think, correct me if I'm wrong please)

That was the PC version. Consoles really don't do that much modding, let alone an old PS3. I'm a Playstation guy, so I have no idea if the XBOX consoles have a good selection of them, but PS3 is quite ancient and you really can't do anywhere within the game to download that content.

That sounds like a pc thing. The only way that would work on a ps3 is with extensive modding that goes well above what 99% people can do. And you'd still need a pc regardless

(at least that's what I think, correct me if I'm wrong please)

That was the PC version. Consoles really don't do that much modding, let alone an old PS3. I'm a Playstation guy, so I have no idea if the XBOX consoles have a good selection of them, but PS3 is quite ancient and you really can't do anywhere within the game to download that content.

Shit. That's disappointing. Could it be done with a PS4? I'm sure I could probably find those relatively cheap since PS5 is out now.

Upon Googling it seems like they added a DLC car to GTA V that's called the Deluxo which is meant to reference the BttF Delorean. That might be your best bet without any kind of modding which is really limited to PC as has been mentioned.

If you're into Back to the Future, though, there's always the Telltale-produced game if you haven't yet played that. That should be available for PS3.

Upon Googling it seems like they added a DLC car to GTA V that's called the Deluxo which is meant to reference the BttF Delorean. That might be your best bet without any kind of modding which is really limited to PC as has been mentioned.

If you're into Back to the Future, though, there's always the Telltale-produced game if you haven't yet played that. That should be available for PS3.

Vice City is one of the last games I actually remember playing other than dusting off the PS3 to try a new WWE game quite a few years back...only to tuck it right back away when I couldn't figure out how to do fuck all lol. I was looking forward to playing a cleaner version of GTA while driving the DeLorean with my son so I guess I'll look up the actual BTTF game, thanks.