• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 NHL Entry Draft – Movin' On Up into the Top-Five – Live Discussion

Drew a Penalty

Haven't heard anything about any of the top 12 related to the rangers, with one exception. Someone involved in the process doesn't like Bouchard's skating compared to the other 5 dmen, enough that it puts Bouchard at the bottom of that list, for this person.

Then you hear Seidel and various guys on hockeyprospects.com say Bouchard's skating is essentially underrated. Do you have an opinion on his skating? It is difficult to judge as he played over 35 minutes a night and needed to pace himself. His backward skating certainly tested well.

Another question. Has something related to the Rangers been rumored regarding Boqvist or are you assuming, based on the 2 concussions.

I was speaking towards Chicago's interest in the defensemen. For the Rangers, I think they'd still prioritize someone like Wahlstrom over a defenseman, though I don't think they're as interested in Bouchard and Boqvist. Boqvist has great upside but you can get equivalent style players in Merkley, Addison, Lundkvist, etc. The only thing you miss out on is his shot which none of them have.

I've watched a solid amount of Bouchard's games. I like him just not as much as I like other guys there. He's a pretty good skater. He seems like he's lumbering, but he can make ground quickly. He can get walked, though. He has great edgework at the point though. That's really where he's most skilled, in my opinion. He takes advantage of his size the most when shielding the puck and running the offense from the point. His defense is fine, but not great.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was speaking towards Chicago's interest in the defensemen. For the Rangers, I think they'd still prioritize someone like Wahlstrom over a defenseman, though I don't think they're as interested in Bouchard and Boqvist. Boqvist has great upside but you can get equivalent style players in Merkley, Addison, Lundkvist, etc. The only thing you miss out on is his shot which none of them have.

I've watched a solid amount of Bouchard's games. I like him just not as much as I like other guys there. He's a pretty good skater. He seems like he's lumbering, but he can make ground quickly. He can get walked, though. He has great edgework at the point though. That's really where he's most skilled, in my opinion. He takes advantage of his size the most when shielding the puck and running the offense from the point. His defense is fine, but not great.

Awesome stuff!! Love keeping an eye on the Knights, obviously they compete and the kids are well coached. Since you saw them, I'm very interested in your take on Liam Foudy, especially once they traded much of their talent.

Back to Bouchard. Like anyone, he loses his jump after being on the ice for a minute. So that is hard to judge. He may get walked cause he's a little fatigued or cause his D is only good. However, he's so smart we have to project that he will nail D positioning and angles within a couple of years.

Here is the thing about Bouchard, he is the smartest hockey player on the ice. All you have to do is watch the highlights of every goal he was involved in the last 2 years. He sees the defense and predicts future movement like he is in the press box. At that age that is extraordinary. He gets shots through constantly, not because he has the greatest shot. Because of his brain and vision and accuracy using his stick. If you think of the best PP abilities and moments for a guy like Yandle and Shatty, he ups that anty.

I don't want to be dramatic but this night could make or break the next 10-15 years of Rangers hockey...

They need to hit on at least 2 of the 3 picks. At least.

Relax dude, we got Igor backstopping us after Hank and some trade pieces at worst, plus we aren't considering the FA market. No doubt we have not had this many picks in a while, but who knows what'll happen in 3-5 yrs that could turn out in our favor?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No he is correct, this draft is huge when you take into consideration the fact that this team NEVER "rebuilds" and it will likely never have 3 first round picks and 7 of the first 88 picks again. A bad night tonight can severely hinder the process of becoming a competitive team again. It's not about not being able to recover its just about the quality of the team going forward for a couple of years. Cant sell off assets again when you dont have any new ones coming in.

No he is correct, this draft is huge when you take into consideration the fact that this team NEVER "rebuilds" and it will likely never have 3 first round picks and 7 of the first 88 picks again. A bad night tonight can severely hinder the process of becoming a competitive team again. It's not about not being able to recover its just about the quality of the team going forward for a couple of years. Cant sell off assets again when you dont have any new ones coming in.

The draft is such a crap shoot.

We'll probably draft our best player of this draft in the 5th round.

Still no effin trades? Entire league still waiting on Kovy.

XM radio and guys from the draft floor are saying multiple teams trying to get back a 1st rounder including Calgary and Winnipeg. These are the teams that have something we can get excited about.

What about Sam Reinhart? He played better toward the end of the year, but may be something Buff considers moving according to their beat writer.

Still no effin trades? Entire league still waiting on Kovy.

XM radio and guys from the draft floor are saying multiple teams trying to get back a 1st rounder including Calgary and Winnipeg. These are the teams that have something we can get excited about.

What about Sam Reinhart? He played better toward the end of the year, but may be something Buff considers moving according to their beat writer.

no just use the picks. However im not against trading him if price is not crazy

Archived