• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ranger's Mock - Who Do You Like in the 1st and 2nd?

Giacomin

I expect he does not gets past the Isles at 11, 12. I like him a notch below the top 5 defenders. No way he lasts to pick 26 dude.

Pundits talking about depth of draft debating the top 50 to 55 are prospects, after that guess work. Others are saying almost the whole 2nd round is legit, then lotto. This is why I say we trade our thirds if a pick hungry team offers value or a trade up.

Possibly. I think he goes in the 2nd. Gravesy is betting he goes in the 1st.

Super talented ahole. But he is a kid and have no idea if he is salvageable or a poison.

Yeah, I love hearing about his skill level, but his defense supposedly sucks hairy balls. I'm not into drafting him in the first if there are forwards like Lundestrom, Olofsson, Noel, and so on still on the board.

I hate reading the scouting reports. This seems like the deepest draft ever. Im looking at guys ranked in the 60+ range thinking that guys like Xavier Bouchard are sure things.. I bet years past drafts had similar highly touted kids that scouts over hyped.

I'm hoping it goes like this, if they stand pat with the picks

9- Tkachuk/Wahlstrom/Dobson

26- Lundestrom/Olofsson

28- Olofsson/Wise/Noel

39- Merkley

48- Bahl

26 & 28. 3 interesting good skating Dmen could be available. Take whoever is left.

K'Andre Miller USNTDP 6'3" 200 lbs LH fast, skilled, strong, fluid hard-nosed. top 4 with tons of upside

Bode Wilde USNTDP 6'250 198 lbs RH has all ingredients, good edges, possession skills who creates threats and physical on D

Rasmus Sandin OHL 5'11" 186 lbs LH skates the puck put of trouble at will, tough, skilled, doesn't really have a flaw

No forward at #9 means centers would be great. Too much value in these 3.

Ty Dellandrea OHL 6'0" 180 lbs scoring C, nice upside, solid D, had nobody in Flint, hard working and fast improving

Isaac Lundestrom SHL 6'0" 183 lbs all around C, pvery smart sweede game. Best of dude's picks.

Liam Foudy London OHL 6'0" 178 lbs C hoping to get at 39, but fast riser. Great athlete from family of athletes. Strong, fast, tenacious, had excellent second half, great attitude. Pressure speed player who can forecheck, cause havoc and score.

39. Nils Lundkvist 5'11" 172 lbs skilled 2 way RHD (would prefer Foudy here)

48. Jonny Tychonick 6'0" 177 lbs hard skating LHD. quick to the puck and likes to transition to O fast

Have to be happy with Miller and Lundkvist, short write ups above.

Oh man. :slats:

So glad you won that bet. And the team ended up with Miller and Lundkvist. And better for it.

You really think the Rangers would have even considered Merkley over Miller. Miller is gonna run that punk over when he's on his 3rd team in 2 years.

And how about Tychonick going 48!?! Oh wait...

So glad you won that bet. And the team ended up with Miller and Lundkvist. And better for it.

You really think the Rangers would have even considered Merkley over Miller. Miller is gonna run that punk over when he's on his 3rd team in 2 years.

And how about Tychonick going 48!?! Oh wait...

Well I'm happy with all 3 picks. Like I said I didn't think Merkley would be available to us with the late picks anyway and to take him at 9 would be too much.

I'm particularly happy with getting Miller with that late pick, excellent prospect with massive upside and he brings a physical edge, grit and speed we don't currently have.

I do think that the Sharks have an incredible talent on their hands and if they can get his head right it'll be an absolute steal at such a late stage in the 1st round.

Kravtsov @ 9 for me.

D-Men with the other two picks.

Sometimes it is hard to find what you are looking for, on the site.

I had Kravtsov, Hayton and Ty Smith just outside the top 10, which is why it is ridiculous to think we should've traded down to get him. The Isles or Dallas would have taken him and we'd been completely SOL.

Archived