• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

First Round Reactions

Fatfrancesa

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved when they announced his name, it sucked the air out of the broadcast on SN, the talking heads that have never actually had FO jobs panned it immediately, and Burke instantly said it was a good pick.

I was thoroughly entertained. Giddy actually.

I would have been fine with Wahlstrom, I just didn't want a Dman at that spot.

A bit early to make that assessment on Lias, no?

Obvs spot on with McIlrath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont understand the hate on lias. I mean he has already reached the nhl and didnt look out of place considering he drafted only like 10 months before.

They haven’t had any top end guys, yeah, that’s a concern. But I don’t think we can complain too much about Staal, Kreider, Miller, Skjei

Sure we can. None have reached what people thought their potential should have been. Not 1 of them are first liners. Not one of them are game breakers. This team can't draft elite talent. It hasn't since Brian Leetch.

i dont understand the hate on lias. I mean he has already reached the nhl and didnt look out of place considering he drafted only like 10 months before.

He DID look out of place. He DIDN'T make it to the NHL. The team was tanking and decided that they wanted to see how their best prospect looked compared to the shit sandwich they put on the ice prior.

His skating was in question, as well as his strength, and maybe his offensive ability, when he was called up.. He hasn't made it yet, and doesn't seem to pan out as a 1st line player. Something I expect from a #7 overall pick, with other high ceiling players left on the board.

He DID look out of place. He DIDN'T make it to the NHL. The team was tanking and decided that they wanted to see how their best prospect looked compared to the shit sandwich they put on the ice prior.

His skating was in question, as well as his strength, and maybe his offensive ability, when he was called up.. He hasn't made it yet, and doesn't seem to pan out as a 1st line player. Something I expect from a #7 overall pick, with other high ceiling players left on the board.

the kid still 19 years old

Great picks for a team that is still in rebuilding. Kravtsov can skate, just not as good as Hughes (Drew a Penalty). K'andre Miller and Lundkvist to build up what was a terrible and injury-riddled defense

I took an over critical look at Dmen after Ty Smith, for our 26 and 28 picks. There were really only 4 (maybe 5) players that stood out as good bets to be top 4 Dmen who could skate. And Bode Wilde had other issues.

I think we got the best lefty and righty. Though I dig Sandin too. These later firsts are key and we scored.

If you need to feel a little better about Kravtsov, go back and listen to the HockeyProspect.com podcast. They had him rated #6 overall (though nobody else was close to that). The superlatives come fast and furiously. Put it on repeat until the pain goes away.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Internet experts: it's a shit pick

Actual experts: it's a good pick

Hmmm.

Expect the actual experts are also questioning the pick.

But then we says they're shitty experts because they don't like the pick.

So really the only real experts are the ones that agree with the internet experts.

Solid enough to me.

Glad we drafted a scoring forward ... because NYR (which shed some point-productive players during the last year, Nash, Stepan, Grabner, Miller however frustrating each might have been ) has been having trouble finishing in what is now an even more offense-oriented league that is was, at least in the regular season.

While I was hoping for Wahlstrom, I'm still excited by Kravstov.

Where I am a bit dumbfounded is the next slew of picks featured only 1 forward and 58 defensemen.

OK so we were shyte in that department, but we recently added, Rykov, Lindgren, Pionk, Hajek, and we get Shattenkirk back from injury, so I thought we'd add more forwards.

It is what it is.

Expect the actual experts are also questioning the pick.

But then we says they're shitty experts because they don't like the pick.

So really the only real experts are the ones that agree with the internet experts.

Link to an expert calling it a reach, a poor or questionable pick or going off the board please? Not saying they don't exist, I just haven't seen them.

Archived