• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

I woke up to find half the village I live in at lower elevation flooded and screwed. Fave Italian spot is wrecked. Feel very fortunate.

That Port Jeff? Crazy, didn't think that was flood prone from rainfall. Is it the nearby hills that rain washes off of into lower lying areas? I'm not too familiar with that area anymore.

7 hours ago, Shane Falco said:

I only want good news from now on Parsley!

No bad weather on the new board ?

Lol, and with that said, a brief but enhanced threat of severe thunderstorms/flash flooding Wednesday evening/night. Primary threat appears to be out here in Pennsyltucky and perhaps NJ. Hopefully NOT a but be on the look out starting this evening. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Pete said:

@Parsley are we fucked with this rain tonight? 

Yeah, several inches likely overnight into Tuesday.  One area (most likely northern NJ or the Hudson Valley) could see 4"+.  They'll be a dry slot that cuts totals down quite a bit, it may be close to you, but if you don't see a break Tuesday it could be 4 inches or more of rain up your way. 

7 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Hopefully, since it's a longer duration event flooding will be limited. But, you never know, looks like a juiced up system for sure.

It doesn't really look like I'm going to get a break on tuesday, but this isn't going to be Ida level is it?

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

It doesn't really look like I'm going to get a break on tuesday, but this isn't going to be Ida level is it?

It shouldn't be because it's prolonged in duration. Could be a quick inch or two tonight, then another few inches additional tomorrow. But not 6 inches in like 2 hours. Plus, it has been very dry the past 3 weeks. 

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Parsley said:

It shouldn't be because it's prolonged in duration. Could be a quick inch or two tonight, then another few inches additional tomorrow. But not 6 inches in like 2 hours. Plus, it has been very dry the past 3 weeks. 

Got it. Thanks for the peace of mind buddy. ?

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

So far so good, good amount of water but nothing in house. You?

Only 1.5" here. Seeing reports 3-4 inches in NNJ now. Definitely the highest totals around up your way so far. Luckily it has fallen over a 10 hour period so far.

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

Is the worst over here in NY/NJ?  

Not sure where you live but rain will continue much of the day in NNJ, NYC, LI, Hudson Valley, CT. Could be a break for a time later this morning, though. Winds will pick up later today near the coast. Could be some high winds, especially on Long Island. Potentially gusts over 50 mph.

Edited by Parsley

Rain ending this morning, winds dying down this afternoon on eastern 1/2 of Long Island. Gusts over 50 mph possible this morning in parts of Suffolk.

Out on Cape Cod, wind reports have been between 74-94 mph!!!! Insane.

I think Montauk, NY is seeing gusts approaching 50 mph at this time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, josh said:

All the fields look like lakes. 

Solid rain event for many. 3-6 inches in many cases. Another coastal storm Friday P.M.-Saturday with several inches of rain/wind likely.

Tis' the season for mud!

It appears dry and cool for Halloween for those out there with kids.

Edited by Parsley
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...