• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Golf Thread

Vodka Drunkenski

I figure you guys wouldn't be shocked knowing my weakness is having a few too many on the last few holes, eh?? :rofl:

Thing is, it's not so much that it fucks me up, it's that I try shots that are so far-fetched!!! ...Like Golf "beer muscles"!!!

Instead of just splitting the fairway and lawn darting one to the middle of the fucking green like a normal human. I have to eek a draw down the left side to hug a bunker. Then try to tag the green in 2 (on a par 5) that I have to swing out of my ass to get there....knowing full well I can't even do that on pure air!! Or try and cut a 4iron through a knot hole in the sky to come in from the right and "just miss" that left pot bunker! :rofl:

Putting is where I make up for everything though; I can normally putt pretty well, but if I'm tipping 'em a little too heavy, even that shit goes out the window! LOL

I was good last week, because I was more intent on playing than "having fun". So I didn't drink, and I played pretty well. I posted it up in Mike's Spotlight thread; I went 37-36-73 with 5 one-putt greens. I made 3 sand saves and was pretty pumped, because I've been questioning my touch around the green the last few years!

I splurged yesterday and bought the Ping G 425 Max, and also a new pair of FootJoys. I got the Mitsubishi Sensei Orange 65 shaft

Fuck it!! My i20 driver is so outdated, I gave it back to Jesus...

It worked well when I tested it, so lets see if we can hit a few more fairways and add a few yards with this gorilla! :thumbs:

I'm still hitting the i20. It's pretty, and doesn't have the stupid adjustable shit. I'll probably buy a new one when we're allowed in stores, again.

I got mine online, Dunny. I use the Golf Warehouse for most of my stuff. They've been really good with quality and shipping

Here's a link for ya, man: http://www.tgw.com/

My i20 was pretty good and that's the cool thing about Ping; They really don't make wholesale changes, they just kinda tweak what already works into something that's even better. I hit the piss outta the G425 in the simulator. I normally hit the ball about 240 with the i20 with a slight draw. The G425 gave me about 12-15 more yards and a much tighter ball flight. More than "once in a while" I would cook one hard left with the i20. I wasn't getting that torquey hook with the 425 after I hit it 40+ times.

The pattern was pretty cool. I hit fairway with 38 out of 44 swings and the times I missed was less than 8 yards at most!! I can dig that!! Let's see if that holds true when I get this fucker!! :rofl:

Shot an 83 today in the wind. I'm close. I can feel it.

Sweet, Morph!!! Now it's probably just chipping and putting....I know when it's there for me...it's just a matter of making a few more putts, and getting those chip shots to "kick in" distance!

Hang tough man!! You're right there!!!

Sweet, Morph!!! Now it's probably just chipping and putting....I know when it's there for me...it's just a matter of making a few more putts, and getting those chip shots to "kick in" distance!

Hang tough man!! You're right there!!!

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. I don't get my chips close enough for them to just be knock-ins. And my putting isn't good enough so that, if I'm 20+ feet away, it's an easy two-putt.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. I don't get my chips close enough for them to just be knock-ins. And my putting isn't good enough so that, if I'm 20+ feet away, it's an easy two-putt.

The putts I usually practice are the 4-8 foot range Morph. That's usually the distance of one of my "bad chips" or a blast outta the sand kinda range.

All rhythm, and the ABSOLUTE MUST is to hit the putt solidly on the sweet spot, so you don't get heel or toe spin on the putt. That was my biggest problem. I always used to "toe hook" my putts; Let me know which is your weak spot, and I can cure it pretty easily, Morph....or at least give you something to try to get it to another level. :thumbs:

We finished -8 after a very tough start...

Highlights:

I hit the flag stick with a PW from 106 yds out to get to a slick downhill 4 footer that we all missed for birdie :doh:

But I hit the 3 wood of my life on the 17th; rolled it past the flag by a foot and almost made a deuce on a par 5!! Tap in Eagle!!! :thumbs:

We finished 3rd out of 35 groups...not too bad!

I won a putter in a raffle and gave it to the guy who invited me...he needed it!! He was using his wife's putter....what a fucking pansy, huh?? :rofl:

Good time though!!!

Good job Oz on all counts.

Haven’t played in a few years now. We used to have massive scrambles at the Govt conferences I attended. Breakfast and beers by 10. Drink carts throughout the day. Lunch cart and BBQ with awards and raffle dinner.

One year, I got a hole-in-one but turned away and never saw the ball roll in. Guys were hootin’ and hollerin’ and the course Pro came to find me for a newspaper announcement. Then the rain came and we all ran to our cars and headed home. Months later at the next conference I had a helluva bar tab as several people came up to me and congratulated me for my good fortune on the course. LOL

Good job Oz on all counts.

Haven’t played in a few years now. We used to have massive scrambles at the Govt conferences I attended. Breakfast and beers by 10. Drink carts throughout the day. Lunch cart and BBQ with awards and raffle dinner.

One year, I got a hole-in-one but turned away and never saw the ball roll in. Guys were hootin’ and hollerin’ and the course Pro came to find me for a newspaper announcement. Then the rain came and we all ran to our cars and headed home. Months later at the next conference I had a helluva bar tab as several people came up to me and congratulated me for my good fortune on the course. LOL

Holy shit big guy!! So you have an ace!!! Awesome man....I'm the only one of my friends that does as well. My anniversary just passed the other day...

June 7, 1997 at Holbrook golf course on the 3rd hole. I hit the shittiest scraped 8 iron. I caught it thin and hit a low type, more of a looping line drive 137 yards, over a sand trap and then hit the stick. I didn't see mine go in either, but one of my friends was standing on the side of the tee box saw it.

He falls on the ground like he fainted, and yells to me, "All the shots you hit in your life, and THAT'S the one that goes in for an ace?!?!?!?" :rofl:

Mine was similar. Almost 20 years ago. Complete opposite ball flight of what I wanted. Low screaming, slicing 7 wood from 190. I was going for 200 feet hight and straight. Whatever, still made the paper and got a trophy. The ball stays in my bag full time. A Precept lolol.