• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Golf Thread

Vodka Drunkenski

I've started putting like Oousthazen. Well, how I imagine his stroke, anyways. Just shuffle the feet, and stroke the shaft. Feels like my frip pressure is down 75%. Have three rounds in like this and have a marked improvement.

I've started putting like Oousthazen. Well, how I imagine his stroke, anyways. Just shuffle the feet, and stroke the shaft. Feels like my frip pressure is down 75%. Have three rounds in like this and have a marked improvement.
I just stroke the shaft, too, but I can't really say what my grip pressure is after I've been sitting on my hand. How do you tell?

I just stroke the shaft, too, but I can't really say what my grip pressure is after I've been sitting on my hand. How do you tell?

This is epic!! :rofl:

....Pete got the gate??? ...dude makes me laugh my ass off!

Come back soon, Pete!!!!

• 1 month later...
I played on saturday a.m.

Not my best, shot a 102. My issue was that I went out the night before and had probably 2 too many drinks for a 7 a.m. tee time.

Not too bad, BBB!! I can't do it like I used to the night after anymore either, man!! LOL

I play during the week nowadays to alleviate those Saturday/Sunday morning "woozies"!!

After many experiments though, I found that orange Gatorade is the quick fix for me when I see multiple golf balls on the tee!

lol thanks.

the game really is simple though, if you follow your own advice

i get to cocky and always pick my head up to watch the ball sail right to the pin, and i end up in the woods.

....been there, done it!!!....have the tee shirt!! :rofl:

I still have my Scotty Cameron teryllium II from 1992....I wouldn't ditch that putter for a Bikini model!! It's usually eye appeal or feel, Josh. if it works, it works!

I have tried multiple expensive putters,but I always wind up going back to my first putter ,no brand name ,its my number :+1:

• Shane Falco pinned this topic
  • Phil unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Buddy and I are looking to plan a weekend golf trip. Not sure where. Both of us are not very good. We are from northwest NJ and are willing to go 3ish hours away. Any suggestions? Somewhere scenic with great views, maybe on the coast?

South Carolina is great for golf trips, JSM.  It might be a little longer than 3 hours but it's worth it.  Better to do a weekend there, but that's the place.  Next week's weather looks better than this week though!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody catch the Phoenix Open this weekend?

Those Holes-in-one on #16 were unbelievable!!!  That crowd is insane!!   What a celebration!!  I always look forward to that event because of the 16th hole, but this year's was a great tournament!

2 hours ago, josh said:

I saw one. Are they throwing recyclables on the course? For the Waste Management open? Is that the story behind it?

crazy atmosphere though.

Just a coincidence that WM is the corporate sponsor for that, but it was pretty much just done spontaneously by the fans who went ballistic on the hole in one on Saturday.  It happened again on Sunday and they went nuts again!  Crazy shit!  But seruiously one of the best PGA events of the year...it always is.  The crowd makes it one of the really fun ones!

• 1 month later...

Masters coverage set me off, yesterday. Infuriating.

It's all Tiger, Tiger, Tiger while he shoots a fucking 78. I watched 8 hours of coverage, including all the bonus shit, and they showed Connors tap in for par one time. That was it. He was in 4th place at the time. My entire country watched the entire day, and you couldn't even show a single approach, yet, I saw Justin Thomas and Will Zalatoris hit their entire round.

They need to figure out a way to watch golf correctly. I don't give a fuck about 90% of the field. Why can't I watch the groups I want to watch?

On 4/7/2022 at 2:51 PM, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

was hoping to get one round in before the twins arrive but weather and work have not cooperated. guess im never golfing again.

You have now entered purgatory. In my experience, it lasts about 5-7 years, depending on the benevolence of your spouse.

During this period, try to play a couple times a year, when coming out of this period, make sure your spouse gets lots of their own time. I push my wife to the gym, and on walks, and hair appointments, whatever the fuck she wants, she gets.

It's very important to document this time, for her, save it up, cling to it  and then lay it all out there at some point in year 6 or 7. 

• LMFAO 1

• 3 months later...

Nobody playing? I'm playing like an animal. Think I have about 20 rounds in, so far. Tracking a real handicap  and everything. Starting to feel very close to scoring well, but not quite there.

I'm going to meet Theo Peckham in a couple hours. Bought some new clubs off him. He gets them off the back of a truck lol.

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

Nobody playing? I'm playing like an animal. Think I have about 20 rounds in, so far. Tracking a real handicap  and everything. Starting to feel very close to scoring well, but not quite there.

I'm going to meet Theo Peckham in a couple hours. Bought some new clubs off him. He gets them off the back of a truck lol.

I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow, Dunny.  I've had a couple of rounds this year, and played a lot better than I expected. 

Got a good one for you:

I went to Timber point in Great River.  It's a county course with 3 nine-hole courses.  Nice course on the water, but a local place that's pretty close by.  I go out as a single, and there's 3 guys on the tee, so I make number 4.  The guys are in their late 60's, maybe early 70's and by the way they were talking it seems like they play there every week and their 4th guy just didn't show up.

One of their guys comes up to me, (their "leader") and while I'm taking a few practice swings, says to me, "Try not to slow us down".  I had to giggle to myself a little because I don't think this guy could've been any better than a 20 handicap at best....guys that usually slow me down.

I let the 3 of them hit before me, and they hit the normal "pooped out" 150 yard "old man special".  Right down the pipe, low and straight...about 150 yards each.  I think you could have thrown a beach towel over the area all 3 of them landed.

Long story short:  I haul off and rip one down the right side, float a PW to about 12 feet, and roll the birdie putt in like it had eyes!  Then proceeded to the Par 5 2nd hole, hit it in two, and missed the eagle putt by about an inch.

By the 8th hole they're asking me how to hit a draw, and by #11 he's holding the flag for me!!  LOL   ...fucking guys were funny!

His buddy comes up to me while we're walking down the 13th fairway and asks me, "Did he give you that 'don't slow us down' bullshit?".  I said yeah.  He just laughed, and told me he never saw a guy even break 90, no less shoot under par in person! 

I was on fire that day, shot a rippin' 71 (-1).  I bought the first round of beers and afterward the guy comes up to me and I asked him if I played fast enough for him.  He thanked me for the beer!!  LOL

• LMFAO 1

• 10 months later...

Went out for 18 on a easy lil par 3 course last week. first time i was out this year. Rust front 9, a few pars on the back.

Pulled the trigger on some new clubs. I've been stocking my bag with clubs from this site www.bombtechgolf.com/

Now it will be every club in my bag minus the driver. really like the clubs. very affordable and effective.

I've heard a lot about the Bombtech, BBB.  Also a few things about the PXG.  Never hit them though.

I got out last Monday to a place on the North shore here on LI...Indian Hills in Northport.  It was our first golf outing of the year.  Hit it ok...it was a "best ball" so there wasn't a lot to go on.

Hoping to get out on my own this week or next.

Good luck with the new sticks, dude!!  😃