• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Exercising European Out Clause; Signing with KHL Chelyabinsk

Phil

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much he's actually going to develop over there. His stock is rock bottom right now.

Yeah. His issue is not knowing the NA game so he leaves NA. Not smart. You can’t say you’re chasing your NHL dream and then go about it the wrong way. Just not a good look for how he’s handled frustration. I gave him benefit of the doubt. Guess I was wrong. So much for strong character.

Damn. What a shame. The question is, does this significantly sour his desire to A) come back to the NHL and/or B) play for the Rangers.

Considering he had an option in his contract I'm guessing not really because he knew it was a possibility. If this were to happen again next season? Then I think it might be time for that conversation. Too early to tell now.

Kid needs to grow up...Let him go play in Russia with his friends. As long as he plays...yeah it's not NHL caliber, but at least he's playing everyday instead of being scratched. The key is that Rangers can recall him at any time....if need be.

I'm not sure but do we save a year on his ELC because of this shit??

What's the rule on that fellas?

Kid needs to grow up...Let him go play in Russia with his friends. As long as he plays...yeah it's not NHL caliber, but at least he's playing everyday instead of being scratched. The key is that Rangers can recall him at any time....if need be.

I'm not sure but do we save a year on his ELC because of this shit??

What's the rule on that fellas?

His contract was not slide eligible based on his age when he signed.

KHL regular season ends Feb 27th. I'm sure he'll be back after that.

Unless he gets dealt to another team which could very well happen. Traktor sure as hell isn't making the playoffs barring a miracle given their current standing and lack of improvement. They might just try to make the most of Kravtsov's brief appearance and get KHL assets out of it.

Three things

First I guess he came here figuring he?d be a lock to make the big club

So without knowing the backstory because I?m not there I?m going to chalk this up to immaturity

Second is the money which I totally got 700,000 versus 70,000 I mean hey what would you do

Third this might be a smart move the kids only 19 he goes back home he plays he gets a ton of ice time. HE GETS PAID. We also have these new people that are in these regions to hold his hand and stay on top of him

I will reserve judgment.

Question can he get traded in that league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm past caring where he plays if it isn't in NY.

I don't buy the garbage about "Learning to play in North America" like there's not 50 Russians in the league currently that never spent a day in the AHL.

Wouldn't have been how I went about his deployment, but it's not my club to run. Lots of double standards abound on this roster and with this coach.

Welp...:confused:

I think it is a combination of immaturity on his part and *something* we don't yet know about him from a playing standpoint. Sure, the coaching decision comes into play, but it may be a behind the scenes issue we're not privy to. Mark the calendar for February and see what happens. I cannot imagine that we didn't see some good in his game to rate him highly.