• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Exercising European Out Clause; Signing with KHL Chelyabinsk

Phil

If kakko figures it out great. But if he continues to struggle the answer isn’t just to let him figure it out. Being comfortable could also be removing him from the pressure of being anointed the next star in ny at 18. The rest of the team sucks. As the team struggles and continues to lose, the future is the point of focus. He’s the poster child of future hope. His success is being measured daily, as we are doing right now. I’m all for him figuring it out. If he’s -30 come Christmas with 10 points and giving interviews about how hockey isn’t fun for him anymore, I’m removing him from the pressure. He’s 18. His career will not be defined by whatever happens this year. Again he’s 18 playing for the ny rangers. Hockey should be a blast and he should be living a dream. He’s not right now. His struggles are effecting him personally. This isn’t about anyone’s expectation other than his own.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think they spent all offseason doing?

Chytil is thriving. So is Shesty. So is Lindgren. Keane.

One Russian who does what Russians do doesn't mean anything.

This. JD totally overhauled it this summer. Actually to me it almost seemed like a bit too long before he named a coach but i'd like to believe it was due to a thorough research. 8-0 so far, small sample but you are what your record says you are.

It's an interesting question whether the Rangers bring in prospects too early - specifically Lias, Chytil and now Kravtsov.

Right now, the doctrine seems to be - "bring them in and then send them back or demote them" rather than "bring them in for Traverse, but only bring them to camp when they have proven ready in juniors/Europe".

If Lias and Chytil was only brought in this summer - would we view them differently? If Kravtsov simply had been given another year in the KHL without coming to camp - would we view it differently? Would it be better?

That's an excellent set of questions that I've been asking myself, as well.

Their process with all three players seems a little rushed in hindsight.

Conversely, they've left Nils Lundqvist over there on his own and don't seem in a hurry to get him here.

That's an excellent set of questions that I've been asking myself, as well.

Their process with all three players seems a little rushed in hindsight.

Conversely, they've left Nils Lundqvist over there on his own and don't seem in a hurry to get him here.

And Lundkvist is having an amazing season in Sweden. Same with Miller that they seem commited to let play 3 seasons of NCAA before they bring him over.

They have managed Chytil, Lias and Kravtsov badly, but thats shouldnt be a problem. They are still young and will be fine IF they do things right from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I still want someone to explain to me how the KHL is better than the AHL... He's playing against career AHLers right now.

It’s not.

They’re pretty close in terms of talent and competition level. Guys go there cause they get paid more. But you have to wake up in Russia

Pay, locales, food, travel, and for him, it's home, that's worth a lot.

I went behind the scenes at a Marlies game last year, you should see their post game spread, it looks like a Ramada breakfast, and that's the Yankees of the AHL.

Travel? Like crashing planes and trips to Siberia?

Nah, this is just all types of inaccurate.

You're several times more likely to die in a bus than a plane, so not sure what you're going for there.

Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Riga, Shanghai, Moscow, Sochi, Beijing vs. Albany, Hartford, Belleville, Syracuse.

Yeah, that's a tough one! Several world class cities vs several garbage dumpster cities.

As a Russian with options, it's really a no contest.

You're several times more likely to die in a bus than a plane, so not sure what you're going for there.

Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Riga, Shanghai, Moscow, Sochi, Beijing vs. Albany, Hartford, Belleville, Syracuse.

Yeah, that's a tough one! Several world class cities vs several garbage dumpster cities.

As a Russian with options, it's really a no contest.

And yet so many come here... The best ones, too... Go figure.