• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Exercising European Out Clause; Signing with KHL Chelyabinsk

Phil

The best ones come here to play in the NHL.

It's not very hard to understand why many of them would rather earn more money playing in the KHL than hump the bus for less in the AHL.

So we're squarely back to ... "Then play well enough to be in the NHL" ... And he didn't.

Also, I'm commenting on the narrative that going back to Russia is better for him development. Not really sure that's true. More likely he's got some growing up to do between the ears more than anything else.

Overall, I'd 10/10 take a player who wants to work and be here over one who doesn't. Seems (today) that this was a waste of a pick for us.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're squarely back to ... "Then play well enough to be in the NHL" ... And he didn't.

Also, I'm commenting on the narrative that going back to Russia is better for him development. Not really sure that's true. More likely he's got some growing up to do between the ears more than anything else.

Overall, I'd 10/10 take a player who wants to work and be here over one who doesn't. Seems (today) that this was a waste of a pick for us.

I don't disagree with any of that. Although it's still way too early to call it a waste of a pick.

Makes you wonder though. They, presumably, did their due diligence on him before the draft. And then agreed to give him the out clause. So this can't have been much of a surprise to them. I mean, either they're totally fine with him going home to play this season or they assumed he was making the team and didn't think much of it.

The latter seems very Rangers-y, but what do I know.

Can we see him in the NHL for good sampling of games before we start shitting on the pick?

The kid didn’t have a good showing. He’s got plenty to learn. Needs to mature. Etc.

But the bottom line is he’s still 19 with a lot of ability and potential and has plenty of time to figure it out

And they gave him the clause to go. If it’s being given, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if it gets used.

Can we see him in the NHL for good sampling of games before we start shitting on the pick?

The kid didn’t have a good showing. He’s got plenty to learn. Needs to mature. Etc.

But the bottom line is he’s still 19 with a lot of ability and potential and has plenty of time to figure it out

And they gave him the clause to go. If it’s being given, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if it gets used.

Sure, if he ever earns a spot.

Define "big deal".

I don't think he played well enough to make it. I don't care that he went home. I also don't think it's better for his development.

What I mean by asking is that if it really bothers you or if it’s a big red flag to you that he didn’t have a good showing anywhere, be it camp/preseason/AHL? Or does it diminish your view of him as a prospect?

For the record, I don’t care that he went home either, nor do I think it’s better for his development to be playing in Russia as opposed to the A. I’m not wild about the lack of maturity he’s showed, nor do I like the fact maybe his attitude is maybe bad or selfish. But I realize that he’s a 19-year old kid and that a selfish or shitty attitude and a lack of maturity are the rule, not the exception.

Determining that kravtsov was a waste of pick at this point is like trying to determine if panarin was worth it. But you know this board specializes in “premature

That was a joke about ejaculation. Guess it went over your head

What I mean by asking is that if it really bothers you or if it’s a big red flag to you that he didn’t have a good showing anywhere, be it camp/preseason/AHL? Or does it diminish your view of him as a prospect?

For the record, I don’t care that he went home either, nor do I think it’s better for his development to be playing in Russia as opposed to the A. I’m not wild about the lack of maturity he’s showed, nor do I like the fact maybe his attitude is maybe bad or selfish. But I realize that he’s a 19-year old kid and that a selfish or shitty attitude and a lack of maturity are the rule, not the exception.

We pretty much see eye to eye on all of this.

I still want someone to explain to me how the KHL is better than the AHL... He's playing against career AHLers right now.

the kid scored a goal against a team full of AHLers, like u said. How is he still cant hack it against AHLers? What does he have to do for you to say he hacked it?

the kid scored a goal against a team full of AHLers, like u said. How is he still cant hack it against AHLers? What does he have to do for you to say he hacked it?

The KHL and the A are pretty similar in terms of talent level. Those are the next 2 best leagues in the world after the NHL.

The guys that are playing over there vs over here do so because of the money or because it’s home or closer to home

As an example, if Nigel Dawes wanted to play in the A, even at 34, he would very likely get that opportunity.

But he makes over $2 million per over there, vs the low 6 figures he’d make here.

No brainer

Pay, locales, food, travel, and for him, it's home, that's worth a lot.

I went behind the scenes at a Marlies game last year, you should see their post game spread, it looks like a Ramada breakfast, and that's the Yankees of the AHL.

I have friends who coached in the KHL and a few former players playing

They mentioned the veteran skill is better there, but AHL better with younger talent

But most agreed that 80% of the KHL didn?t meet AHL standards of arenas, travel, and conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I have friends who coached in the KHL and a few former players playing

They mentioned the veteran skill is better there, but AHL better with younger talent

But most agreed that 80% of the KHL didn’t meet AHL standards of arenas, travel, and conditions

did you mean AHL didn't meat KHL standards of arenas, travel and conditions?

Also.. if anyone wants to search for and listen to a podcast called ?backup Blueshirts? on beanpod and I think they?re on YouTube- rick Carpinello talks about kravtsov and he has some good stuff to say.

The podcast is just starting out and the guys running it are learning as they go so listen with a grain of salt but the interview with rick is great.