• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not being forced to play. Not a chance

Sounds like grasping for straws to hide his remorse of how he has handled himself.

Maybe, but if he wanted a trade, he's doing a hell of a job absolutely torpedoing his value. I'm hurt, they're making me play through injury, all of this?

I'm not without empathy if he's being honest, though.

Guys, this is why we source everything. There?s absolutely no evidence there was a problem with pain killers and until there is we should stop referencing it as though it was true.

?Rumors out there,? is NOT how to report things here. Do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Bingo.

And after Boogaard and that fiasco, I don't see the Rangers forcing another scrub to take meds to play.

It almost feels like his party is grasping at straws to save face.

Painkillers/pills in the NHL is the equivalent of steroids in baseball in the 90s.

why? he gave only one interview in Swedish and lots of it was lost in translation too. i don't think this is so big for someone to save face. its just fans blowing this out of proportion with their opinions.

• Like 1

Some rumors and some truth out there, but the story seems to be coming into focus more after his mentioning of pain killers and everything else he said. During his interview in Sweden his feet are so injured or swollen or whatever is wrong with them that he was wearing slippers because he can't get them into shoes. He was playing with it while with the big club this year (not sure for how long), and after being sent down. He didn't want to play with it, but Rangers were giving him pain killers and telling him to get out there. This is why he said he had to do what was best for him and leave and let his body recover and he didn't want to take the pain killers.

Could be trouble for the organization, if true, not sure how true or how serious the injury was or even whether it's an injury or some sort of chronic condition(his skating has never looked quite right since drafted). I still like the kid and I will root for him to make his way back and be a Ranger, but the relationship may have become too toxic for that to happen after this. I feel bad everyone involved at this point. A 7th overall pick should have been handled better than this in many ways though. Hopefully some things with the organization are looked at after this.

There right now is no proof at all that the NYR did any such thing. And in light of the Boogard fiasco, seriously doubt anyone associated with this organization would do such a thing. Not directly, not on the sly, not at all.

Grant you, in the realm of possibility, could have happened. But again right now, there is NOTHING. Looks more likely Andersson is digging a deeper hole in which to bury his once-promising NHL career. And worse for everyone involved taking a blowtorch to his trade value.

He's done here dude....and he's not doing himself any justice being an asshole off the ice. No GM is gonna want a guy like this on their team.

At least Daigle scored 20 goals in his rookie season, and topped out at 26 in I think 1997. This kid's a flaming douche canoe...and I hope the Rangers sit on his rights for eternity for making us waste a pick on his sorry ass.

Man, I'm in mood today huh?? :rofl:

He's done here dude....and he's not doing himself any justice being an asshole off the ice. No GM is gonna want a guy like this on their team.

At least Daigle scored 20 goals in his rookie season, and topped out at 26 in I think 1997. This kid's a flaming douche canoe...and I hope the Rangers sit on his rights for eternity for making us waste a pick on his sorry ass.

Man, I'm in mood today huh?? :rofl:

jeez...did he piss in your cereal? why so much hate?

There right now is no proof at all that the NYR did any such thing. And in light of the Boogard fiasco, seriously doubt anyone associated with this organization would do such a thing. Not directly, not on the sly, not at all.

Grant you, in the realm of possibility, could have happened. But again right now, there is NOTHING. Looks more likely Andersson is digging a deeper hole in which to bury his once-promising NHL career. And worse for everyone involved taking a blowtorch to his trade value.

I have too much faith in JD to believe this latest twist. I agree with Bugg here the kid is just digging a deeper hole in an effort to further destroy his NHL career. I'll continue to say he's getting horrific advice from whoever is guiding him. If it's his Dad that's even sadder. He should disappear for a few months or more, let the dust settle and see what options if any he has after that (obviously based on what the Rangers decide to do with him.)

Pat Falloon was good

Here's some of the guys that went after him at #2, Dunny:

3 Scott Niedermayer

4 Scott Lachance

6 Peter Forsberg

8 Richard Matvichuk

11 Brian Rolston

15 Alexei Kovalev

16 Markus Naslund

20 Martin Rucinsky

jeez...did he piss in your cereal? why so much hate?

I know, right!!

I was 100% behind this kid until he pulled this shit, and now he's trying to hide behind some bullshit story.

If the kid played better, he'd be here...pretty simple from where I'm sitting. No hate just frustrated with his wasting of our 1st rounder. I should really be more pissed at the scouting staff for this!

I know, right!!

I was 100% behind this kid until he pulled this shit, and now he's trying to hide behind some bullshit story.

If the kid played better, he'd be here...pretty simple from where I'm sitting. No hate just frustrated with his wasting of our 1st rounder. I should really be more pissed at the scouting staff for this!

played better than Howden

• Like 1

Here's some of the guys that went after him at #2, Dunny:

3 Scott Niedermayer

4 Scott Lachance

6 Peter Forsberg

8 Richard Matvichuk

11 Brian Rolston

15 Alexei Kovalev

16 Markus Naslund

20 Martin Rucinsky

Also

Ray Whitney

Sandis Ozolinsh

Ziggy Palffy

Falloon gets a bad rap in large part due to getting picked between Lindros and Niedermayer, both HOF?ers.

He was a talented kid and had 2 monster seasons leading into his draft year.

Had injuries which shaved the top 10% of his ability away and turned him into a bottom six player, which he wasn?t cut out for. Those injuries derailed and ultimately ended his career prematurely at 27.