• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Not Unthinkable: Buying Out Hank

Sod16

They won’t be able to keep both Georgiev and Shestyorkin anyway, as one of them will be gone via the expansion draft.

Iirc they don’t have to protect Shesty, so they could keep both of them through the expansion draft if they’re both with the team at that point.

I could be wrong here though.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone I read on this acts like it?s impossible to carry 3. I mean if the plan is to show Hank loyalty then he knows what the deal is. he develops the kids and gets 15-20 ?cushy? starts (well rested, against shit teams). that?s it. Georgie/Shesty split the rest and that?s plenty of work.

and look, injuries happen. this ain?t a bad situation to be in.

but otherwise yeah, if some team wants to sell the farm for Georgie?fine, pay up! or if a team wants to snag Hank as a backup for a cup run and he?s ok with that shot on his legacy, so be it.

options baby!! let?s not act like we got the problem here.

Expansion draft isn't really isn't an issue. The Rangers only have to protect Georgiev. The issue is that Shesterkin's contract expires after next season because he could only sign a two-year ELC. He can already use his European assignment clause next season if he doesn't want to be assigned to Hartford again. What's stopping him from just deciding that he'd rather stay there upon expiration of his contract because the Rangers aren't giving him time. The Rangers don't have to move Georgiev immediately but they can't play around with their goaltending situation for too long.