• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

First and a Mid-Level Prospect for Kreider?

Phil

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's much of a surprise. It'll be interesting to see where the Rangers are at by the deadline. I could see Kreider being shipped and Kravstov coming up (assuming he's playing well in Hartford). But if they're somehow firmly in the playoffs, I don't think they can trade him.

Playoffs or not they're not going to hold onto him and risk getting nothing. With his play the way it is I wouldn't even consider signing him to a long term deal. More often than not he's a passenger. If you were to ask me two years ago I would of said they can't lose this guy.

i agree. need to move him for picks or a good asset and a pick. 2020 on the picks to be sure.

love they guy, but giving him 7mln per ala, hayes is just bad management for a guy who is missing many nights on the ice.

i always ref back to the old thread we had on him where his hits were brutal. thats the type of guy i wanted him to be. seems all that changed after he ran price.

i agree. need to move him for picks or a good asset and a pick. 2020 on the picks to be sure.

love they guy, but giving him 7mln per ala, hayes is just bad management for a guy who is missing many nights on the ice.

i always ref back to the old thread we had on him where his hits were brutal. thats the type of guy i wanted him to be. seems all that changed after he ran price.

A 1st and a mid-range prospect would be a good return on him. If they can get that.

I think for sure he brings back a 1st rounder. Different type of player than Zuc. Most teams want to add physicality come playoff time and he can bring that (when he wants to). I think there will be numerous teams in on him and the demand will be high enough for some team to throw in a first. I'm not necessarily sure that's the return I'd want for him though. I'd rather a high-level prospect and a 3rd. Rangers are getting closer and a late 1st round pick will probably be 3 or 4 years away from helping. A high level prospect could be helping right when we need him the most...next year and the following years.

I think for sure he brings back a 1st rounder. Different type of player than Zuc. Most teams want to add physicality come playoff time and he can bring that (when he wants to). I think there will be numerous teams in on him and the demand will be high enough for some team to throw in a first. I'm not necessarily sure that's the return I'd want for him though. I'd rather a high-level prospect and a 3rd. Rangers are getting closer and a late 1st round pick will probably be 3 or 4 years away from helping. A high level prospect could be helping right when we need him the most...next year and the following years.

A high-level prospect is a pipe dream. No way he gets that. No way.

A 1 and a mid-tier is a reach.

Possible they don’t get a 1, though I think they are able to, it’s not a certainty.

A high-level prospect is a pipe dream. No way he gets that. No way.

A 1 and a mid-tier is a reach.

Possible they don’t get a 1, though I think they are able to, it’s not a certainty.

Evander Kane's #'s, at the time of his trade to San Jose, are pretty damn close to Kreider's. Buffalo got a 1st, a 4th, and a player in return albeit not a very good player.

Ryan Hartman returned a 1st to Chicago when he went to Nashville along with a 4th and a not so good player.

So, what’s next on the rental market? Or, who’s next?

The obvious name is the Rangers’ Chris Kreider. The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. Last season, the Rangers attempted to negotiate extensions with both Kevin Hayes and Mats Zuccarello right up until the deadline, with both getting dealt in the final days and hours. I don’t sense any rush there. And, the later in the year, the easier it is from a cap perspective.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-whos-next-nhl-rental-market/