• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

First and a Mid-Level Prospect for Kreider?

Phil

I don't think that's much of a surprise. It'll be interesting to see where the Rangers are at by the deadline. I could see Kreider being shipped and Kravstov coming up (assuming he's playing well in Hartford). But if they're somehow firmly in the playoffs, I don't think they can trade him.

Of course they can. And should, regardless of where they are (realistically). Holding onto him for a playoff run with this team and losing him for nothing would be tantamount to dereliction of duty.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the aim should be on a very good prospect. They could sweeten the pot with a Buchnevich, Howden, Andersson. We have a glutton of middling players and picks will be into the 20's, so years out. Even some change of scenery players with upside or character types should be considered.

If anything you stand to get less at the TDL.

Possibly. It's like they are waiting for something that has little chance of happening (someone overpaying by a lot). I mean they didn't deal him last TDL. They didn't deal him at the draft. They didn't extend him. Dragging this out like Zuccarello again but at least Kreider's not being a little bitch about it.

Evander Kane's #'s, at the time of his trade to San Jose, are pretty damn close to Kreider's. Buffalo got a 1st, a 4th, and a player in return albeit not a very good player.

Ryan Hartman returned a 1st to Chicago when he went to Nashville along with a 4th and a not so good player.

It’s always a little hard to say as evidence by the differing estimates of just the posters in this thread.

Under most circumstances, you’d expect a 1. Maybe Hall’s deal pushes the price up a little. Maybe multiple teams in the bidding does the same. Conversely, maybe his price drops if he doesn’t get it going. Or maybe teams are unwilling to part with a 1st in this draft, due to its reported depth.

Your examples aren’t bad.

But use Zucc too. Different player for sure, but he’s always been more consistent than Kreider. They couldn’t get a 1 for him.

I’ll agree they should get a 1 for him. That’s the going rate and I’ll be disappointed if they don’t get that. But you never know

As for the Athletic's assertion that the Rangers can be expected to try to negotiate an extension right up to the deadline, as they did with Zucc and Hayes, the Rangers barely tried to negotiate with Hayes and I don't think negotiated at all with Zucc.

As for the Athletic's assertion that the Rangers can be expected to try to negotiate an extension right up to the deadline, as they did with Zucc and Hayes, the Rangers barely tried to negotiate with Hayes and I don't think negotiated at all with Zucc.

Yeah

I didn’t buy that either. I don’t think they’re going to do more than the most rudimentary, kind of token negotiation with him.

I see a lot of parallels with the Zuccarello situation last year. Zucc labored last year with the Rangers, play picked up when he went to Dallas, and he has been great for Minnesota this year.

Kreider hasn't been great this year, wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar trajectory a) if he got traded or b) if the trade deadline passes and he is still with the Rangers.

Yes, these guys are professionals, show up to practices and games and do their best. But if you're getting less sleep or mentally beat down, it will show on the ice since the energy and effort you bring results in offensive scoring chances, effective backchecking, etc.

I see a lot of parallels with the Zuccarello situation last year. Zucc labored last year with the Rangers, play picked up when he went to Dallas, and he has been great for Minnesota this year.

Kreider hasn't been great this year, wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar trajectory a) if he got traded or b) if the trade deadline passes and he is still with the Rangers.

Yes, these guys are professionals, show up to practices and games and do their best. But if you're getting less sleep or mentally beat down, it will show on the ice since the energy and effort you bring results in offensive scoring chances, effective backchecking, etc.

Almost impossible that he’s a Ranger after the deadline

Kreider is 3-4 years younger than Zucc i believe

That matters

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always had the hope he would take that next step and be that late bloomer who is a perennial 30 goal scorer...but it never happened. I bet we get underwhelmed by the return. However.....Middlestadt for Kreider? I'd do it with Hope's we can turn him around ....otherwise that's a double bust for that draft. Whoof.

It’s always a little hard to say as evidence by the differing estimates of just the posters in this thread.

Under most circumstances, you’d expect a 1. Maybe Hall’s deal pushes the price up a little. Maybe multiple teams in the bidding does the same. Conversely, maybe his price drops if he doesn’t get it going. Or maybe teams are unwilling to part with a 1st in this draft, due to its reported depth.

Your examples aren’t bad.

But use Zucc too. Different player for sure, but he’s always been more consistent than Kreider. They couldn’t get a 1 for him.

I’ll agree they should get a 1 for him. That’s the going rate and I’ll be disappointed if they don’t get that. But you never know

Kreider is 3-4 years younger than Zucc i believe

That matters

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I didn't use Zuc as a comparison because of how different a type of player he is. Believe me, if I was the GM I'd want Zucc over Kreider but NHL GM's, I believe, still target size, physicality, and speed when trying to add for a long playoff run and Kreider checks those boxes over a guy like Zuc. Which leads to Kreider having more value than Zuc. The age thing might come into play but only if the team that trades for Kreider is hoping to keep him long-term.

I still see a fit for him on St. Louis.

Always had the hope he would take that next step and be that late bloomer who is a perennial 30 goal scorer...but it never happened. I bet we get underwhelmed by the return. However.....Middlestadt for Kreider? I'd do it with Hope's we can turn him around ....otherwise that's a double bust for that draft. Whoof.

Me too. It's those flashes that he shows that always leave you wondering what he potentially could be if he just did it consistently.

Kreider to Edmonton for Puljuj?rvi and their number 1 next year. He'll score 30+ playing with McDavid.

Probably have to throw Andersson in and take back Russell to make cap work. Can also throw in a defensive prospect like Robertson.

Andersson's value isn't much different than Puljujarvi's. So we can boil this down to Kreider for a 1st and Russell. I'm not taking what amounts to a cap dump in Russell towards next year.

Kreider to Edmonton for Puljuj?rvi and their number 1 next year. He'll score 30+ playing with McDavid.

Probably have to throw Andersson in and take back Russell to make cap work. Can also throw in a defensive prospect like Robertson.

Thats a lot to give up for a player that doesn't want to be in Edmonton and a 1st rounder.

Andersson's value isn't much different than Puljujarvi's. So we can boil this down to Kreider for a 1st and Russell. I'm not taking what amounts to a cap dump in Russell towards next year.

Here here

Taking back salary should not be something they consider at this point unless it’s in some deal where they bring back an absolute stud.

I'd dig that, RJ!

The thing that absolutely kills me with Kreider is that I see so much potential in him. He's everything you can ask for physically. He's very fast, shoots well, and has all the tools to be a 40 goal scorer. BUT he has the uncanny ability to totally disappear in big games, and not even be a factor physically in a game. Not to mention it looks like his effort level falls off like a disinterested child learning fucking Algebra.

It seems like the guy just doesn't see the ice well, or see the game itself as well as some players that are indeed 40 goal, or leading scorers for their teams.

Kreider to me is always going to be the guy that really never reached his potential here in NY. He had some good seasons, but when the chips were down in the playoffs, what did we get??? Other than his rookie year in 2013, he gave us well, not a whole lot!!!

The guy is a career 50 points/season scorer, and I just don't see any leadership in him that makes him a "keeper". He's a mush on every line they put him on and I think Pete's "anchor" reference is pretty spot on. He plays one way, and he still can't figure out who to pick up on a back check after how many seasons of playing? 8???

I think it's time...time to move forward, wish the guy the best, and hope we can find a better fit, a better piece(s) that fits the puzzle that we have now.