• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coronavirus

more than 900 dead so far. I think its probably much more. im sure China is not disclosing all the numbers, trying to minimize responsibility. plus other counties like N. Korea and Central Asian counties not disclosing their casualties either. Im starting to get worried a little.

Might want to be more concerned about the flu.

flu deaths estimates according to the CDC is 12000-30000

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

people who die from the flu are mostly old people or people who are ill with other diseases. chances that you are going to die from catching a flu at your or my age are very minimal.

Coronavirus doesn't discriminate

I was living China during SARS pretty much for the entire breakout specially in the region it was from. It was bad but to be honest, I was reading more here about how it was much worse than reality. Not saying this is the same, but the news here is making this out like the plague.

We have some sort of coronavirus outbreak roughly once every 10-15 years. SARS and MERS are a few examples of ones you might remember.

This one happens to be spreading to a larger population than either of those, but also appears to be roughly as fatal as the flu pending treatment.

Real problem in the sense that coronaviriuses have no known antiviral medical treatment; not a real problem in the sense that if you're not in an at-risk group, death is unlikely.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist at all, but it seems odd for China to have this deadly outbreak affecting them as protestors rage in the street for just government. I trust the Chinese government the same way I trust a fart after a crave case from White Castle.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist at all, but it seems odd for China to have this deadly outbreak affecting them as protestors rage in the street for just government. I trust the Chinese government the same way I trust a fart after a crave case from White Castle.

Do you trust farts often?

protests were in Hong Kong tho. The origin of the virus is mainland china. I don't see the connection

• 4 weeks later...