• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers to Loan Vitaly Kravtsov to KHL for 2020-21 Season

Phil

I think that Braden Schneider draft pick is going to be our "soon-to-be" defensive defenseman, Keirik. I was a little surprised why they traded up for him, but now I see why. That kid looks like he can be a back line beast! We shall see! ;)

He definitely looks great as per scouting reports. Very interested in him and where he fits in

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the guy that couldn’t succeed in the NHL. That one.

I mean, you could say this about any league that isn't the NHL. The fact the level of competition is lower doesn't mean the progress of players like Lundkvist and Kravtsov isn't extremely positive.

He definitely looks great as per scouting reports. Very interested in him and where he fits in

Me, you and RJ gotta check out a game together one night at a local sports bar. I'm sure we'd all have a great time!! :rofl:

I mean, you could say this about any league that isn't the NHL. The fact the level of competition is lower doesn't mean the progress of players like Lundkvist and Kravtsov isn't extremely positive.

Didn’t say it’s not positive but the point still stands that we shouldn’t equate this success with a guarantee he will do it here. Personally I think he has an NHL tool set offensively, but I’ll take his KHL success very cautiously. Basically we are agreeing lol

I’m down. It would feel nice to be the young guy in thr group again at 45 lol :)

I got first round!!! :thumbs:

Yeah man, I wish I was 45 again! I think one of my workboots is 45!! ...I'm kidding...I'm actually 53! I just don't look it! ...or act it!!!

Mentally we are one thing, physically another lol

My better half I'd more than a decade younger than me so she keeps me feeling younger lol

Lucky you!!!

Nowadays I couldn't pick up a chick if they had handles!!! :rofl:

For some levity, he has the same goals and points in the same number of games as Darren Dietz so there?s that.

And? Jori lehtera and Alexei Emelin had more points than Artemi Panarin in the KHL in 2011. Completely irrelevant.

Kravtsov is having an amazing season and looks so much more mature and ?ready? compared to last season. Im pretty confident he would dominate the AHL in the form he?s in today.

If he continues like this for the rest of the season I hope they bring him over and gives him a top 9 role.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And? Jori lehtera and Alexei Emelin had more points than Artemi Panarin in the KHL in 2011. Completely irrelevant.

Kravtsov is having an amazing season and looks so much more mature and ?ready? compared to last season. Im pretty confident he would dominate the AHL in the form he’s in today.

If he continues like this for the rest of the season I hope they bring him over and gives him a top 9 role.

I'm looking very forward to seeing Kravtsov soon!! He looks like the real deal in those videos, Zuuuuc man!

Kravtsov is having an amazing season and looks so much more mature and ?ready? compared to last season. Im pretty confident he would dominate the AHL in the form he’s in today.

Ahd what? It was a simple sentence to say let's hope it's something that translates to similar results here but it doesn't always. Why so serious? I swear,, some of you guys are taking this as if I punted your puppy. KHL success shoukd be taken with a grain of salt. You said it yourself. Other guys have had better KHL stats than Panarin. Proves my point exactly. It doesn't hold much weight.

I swear, you'd think I said he's a bust whi h I never did nor ever hinted at. We just nerd to take it slow with this kid. It's a hell of a lot better than saying "well he has had 13 great KHL games! Let's throw him on the third line!!!!". Patience.

I'm looking very forward to seeing Kravtsov soon!! He looks like the real deal in those videos, Zuuuuc man!

He looks completely different. He really is starting to have a much more complete game. The board work, goes to the net, goes to the corners, isnt afraid of contact. He has times where he hustles and makes great defensively plays, as well. Plus all the fun exciting skills. He loves to shoot, which is what Lafreniere needs on his line (look up highlights of

. The kid scored almost 40 goals, all the same way.) Kravtsov is still a kid, and still takes the occasional shift off. Towards the end of his season in Russia last year, he stood around the entire time. So hopefully his good play continues, but there's been a lot of growth. Still have to be patient with all of the kids, though.

He looks completely different. He really is starting to have a much more complete game. The board work, goes to the net, goes to the corners, isnt afraid of contact. He has times where he hustles and makes great defensively plays, as well. Plus all the fun exciting skills. He loves to shoot, which is what Lafreniere needs on his line (look up highlights of
. The kid scored almost 40 goals, all the same way.) Kravtsov is still a kid, and still takes the occasional shift off. Towards the end of his season in Russia last year, he stood around the entire time. So hopefully his good play continues, but there's been a lot of growth. Still have to be patient with all of the kids, though.

That’s why I say let him marinade there. Forget the cap implications that say he can’t come here right away anyway, he looks good enough that we should let what is happening continue. There is something to letting confidence grow and flourish that says his emergence there can do nothing but help his future here. Yes, I take little stock to numbers there, but I take a lot from having the ability to learn from a personal aspect of what strengths and weaknesses he scan learn and mature from.

That’s why I say let him marinade there. Forget the cap implications that say he can’t come here right away anyway, he looks good enough that we should let what is happening continue. There is something to letting confidence grow and flourish that says his emergence there can do nothing but help his future here. Yes, I take little stock to numbers there, but I take a lot from having the ability to learn from a personal aspect of what strengths and weaknesses he scan learn and mature from.

I'm with you guys on the patience thing. It's taken a long time for me to get that you just can't "win now" all the time. This franchise is poised to be a monster in a few years and I'm really pumped to see it, when it goes down. Just gotta keep that Axl Rose voice in the back of my mind; "Just a little patience....yeah....yeah"