• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Agreed. Get him. Figure the rest out later. If that means having to walk away from Zibanejad, who'd be signing a deal with most of his years on the wrong side of 30, so be it. Frankly, there's no guarantee Zibanejad's next deal wont' be more expensive than Eichel's current AAV anyway.

Gotta' get him if you can, even if it's Mika. Essentially, it's a rerun where Mika becomes Brassard and Eichel becomes Mika. You won't have a cap break on this one, but you also won't have a development lag. He's all there on Day 1.

Gotta' get him if you can, even if it's Mika. Essentially, it's a rerun where Mika becomes Brassard and Eichel becomes Mika. You won't have a cap break on this one, but you also won't have a development lag. He's all there on Day 1.

That's a great point. Completely agreed.

I really just don't see Buffalo trading Eichel. It really makes no sense for them to trade a guy who's going to be a premiere center in this league for a very long time to come. As we know all too well, Centers, especially one's like Eichel are pretty tough to find. As good as LaFreniere is, or may be...he's a winger, and there are a lot more of those....maybe not as special as him, but you could get by really well with just some "pretty good" wingers. Centers, I think are the real crux of the team, and Eichel is a really good one!

If Buffalo trades Eichel, I think they'd be crazy. ...we've seen crazy before, but this one just doesn't make sense to me looking at it from the Sabres' side.

• Like 1

Well.....Tampa just did this without Stamkos.....Ummm Rangers need centers, this just proves how important that pivot position is and the depth needed to make it happen.. I dont want to send #1 but hell we need to make a package that Buffalo can't deny.

Panarin is our franchise winger. We committed to him. We need a center folks.

Well.....Tampa just did this without Stamkos.....Ummm Rangers need centers, this just proves how important that pivot position is and the depth needed to make it happen.. I dont want to send #1 but hell we need to make a package that Buffalo can't deny.

Panarin is our franchise winger. We committed to him. We need a center folks.

I don't know. Stamkos hurt kind of proves the opposite. They won with Point/Cirelli. Is that combo that much better than Zibanejad/Strome? I think it's in the ballpark.

• Like 1

I don't know. Stamkos hurt kind of proves the opposite. They won with Point/Cirelli. Is that combo that much better than Zibanejad/Strome? I think it's in the ballpark.

Agree. Tampa won because of depth, the depth we'd have to gut to get Eichel. Buffalo isn't going to want picks and futures.

As much as I'm a big ticket guy, I think they need to stay the course. I'm fine with making a trade, but lets not go overboard. Rangers have had great success grabbing early 20's change-of-scenary guys, not big name tickets (sans Panarin via FA). Brassard, Zibanejad, Strome. Oh weird, we have Strome, Yeah, that'd make sense.

The rangers would be crazy to not trade the first + (buch, kravstov, etc) for Eichel.

Not only is he a C, but he's directly parallel with our teams apex window of success.

In 2 years Lafreniere will barely be able to drink in the states.

It doesn't make sense at all for Buffalo. But if that's a real option for the Rangers they'd be absolute fools to hang on to a complete unknown prospect for Jack Eichel

I agree with you full and it's shocking to see others who wouldn't pull the trigger.

As much as I'm a big ticket guy, I think they need to stay the course. I'm fine with making a trade, but lets not go overboard. Rangers have had great success grabbing early 20's change-of-scenary guys, not big name tickets (sans Panarin via FA). Brassard, Zibanejad, Strome. Oh weird, we have Strome, Yeah, that'd make sense.

I think it’s probably moot at this point.

While they’d be foolish to not consider that deal, it’s possible that that trade might end up amounting to LaFreniere and Zib plus whatever else goes with LaFreniere for Eichel.

That might be too much.

And as said, I don’t see it happening now. Eichel hasn’t asked for a trade.

Rangers Fans: Well of course Pittsburgh is good they were gifted Crosby and Malkin! When's the last time we had a #1 pick?

Also Rangers Fans: Trade the pick.

This is just a really silly conversation, especially because Kakko is not as advertised and will likely be a 60-70 point guy vs the 80-90 point guy some other teams get at #2.

Can't imagine from a franchise perspective why we would trade 10 peak years of Lafreniere for five peak years of Eichel.