• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Adidas Tease Reverse Retro Jersey — Return of the Liberty Head!

Keirik

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, josh said:

Doesn’t the nba do like 12 jerseys per season?

el New York Rangeras 

No idea. But soccer does a new jersey every season. Just slight variations on the home jersey and complete overhaul of the away or 3rd. I dunno why hockey doesn't do a complete overhaul of the 3rd every season. Have a little fun. It's like people think the uniforms are some sort of sacred thing that can't be changed.

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

No idea. But soccer does a new jersey every season. Just slight variations on the home jersey and complete overhaul of the away or 3rd. I dunno why hockey doesn't do a complete overhaul of the 3rd every season. Have a little fun. It's like people think the uniforms are some sort of sacred thing that can't be changed.

I actually really like what European soccer does with jersey variation and I wish more American sports leagues did that.

If you don't like the little flair for the year - whatever, it's for a year! Once in a while it's atrocious - fine, don't buy it, it's gone next season anyway.

15 hours ago, josh said:

Doesn’t the nba do like 12 jerseys per season?

el New York Rangeras 

Yes, NBA has the 'normal' home, away, and 3rd jersey.  Then the usually have 2 other 'special edition' uniforms.  

I would guess the question for the NHL would be do the special jersey sales generate enough revenue to support the matching equipment (helmets, pants, socks, gloves, etc), but you have to believe it would.  Even if it were a wash financially getting all that merch on the streets could only be a benefit. 

22 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Yes, NBA has the 'normal' home, away, and 3rd jersey.  Then the usually have 2 other 'special edition' uniforms.  

I would guess the question for the NHL would be do the special jersey sales generate enough revenue to support the matching equipment (helmets, pants, socks, gloves, etc), but you have to believe it would.  Even if it were a wash financially getting all that merch on the streets could only be a benefit. 

They should want that exposure with the new TV deals. 

Love the Liberty jersey.  Don't really have any issues with alternates, although I think the NBA goes way over the top and more often than not misses the mark with a lot of downright hideous ones. I'm sure it rakes in a shit ton of revenue so that's all that matters. But as a casual fan when you're not sure what two teams are playing when flipping through channels I think they missed the mark.

Thought the Nets and Knicks alternates, I think there were 4 in total were especially dreadful last season.  The Nets tie-dye at least maybe having something close to a historical tieback?

https://www.nba.com/news/new-team-uniforms-2020-21-season