• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Wine Thread

Albatrosss

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine turned me on to this cab at around $35 in New Jersey and I loved it.

https://wineindustryadvisor.com/2019/07/09/booker-winery-debuts-harvey-harriet

Harvey & Harriet is a continuation of the affordable luxury that Jensen champions. Consistently receiving high scores across all the major wine publications to rival quintessential Napa and Bordeaux varietals, Jensen’s wines aim to extend the message that ultra-luxurious, collector-worthy wine can exist without pretension at accessible price points.

I tend to stick with Cabernet Sauvignon, Beaujolais, or Malbec's when going with red. I know they're a very popular vineyard right now but Josh tends to be our go to considering taste vs. price.

Tend to stick to Sauvignon Blanc in the warmer months.

Bordeaux's or St. Emilion's when I wanna spend a bit more.

I tend to stick with Cabernet Sauvignon, Beaujolais, or Malbec's when going with red. I know they're a very popular vineyard right now but Josh tends to be our go to considering taste vs. price.

Tend to stick to Sauvignon Blanc in the warmer months.

Bordeaux's or St. Emilion's when I wanna spend a bit more.

I’ve had Josh several times and it’s been hit and miss for me. I’ve been on Frie Brothers cab recently for $20 where I used to go to Franciscan Cabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’ve had Josh several times and it’s been hit and miss for me. I’ve been on Frie Brothers cab recently for $20 where I used to go to Franciscan Cabs.

Ill have to give that a try.

Considering how much wine we drink I have to be considerate of the price these days :rofl:

Ill have to give that a try.

Considering how much wine we drink I have to be considerate of the price these days :rofl:

Yes without a doubt cost is always a consideration. It’s only after the kids have gotten to adults where I’ve been able spend a little more.

Yes without a doubt cost is always a consideration. It’s only after the kids have gotten to adults where I’ve been able spend a little more.

Particularly with Malbecs, but I have found it to be true with Cab Sav's as well, theres a lot of really good stuff you can find for $10-15 at the right store. Keeping in mind I'm no connoisseur but I tend to stock up at Total Wine which often has some nice brands for good prices.

A few years ago Costco had a “Kirkland” cab and I think it was about $17 or $18 dollars that was amazing where I had friends picking up a case, but haven’t seen in about 2 years

Never would have suspected to find good wine at Costco ?