• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets Thread

Patrick Bateman

8 minutes ago, br-avery said:

Anyone watch the 30 for 30 show on ESPN about the 86 Mets, was really good.

Wish we had a team that played like fire and emotion like they did.

I watched it. It was good. My highlights were when they mentioned Golden and Strawberry getting to the Yankees. Lol.

Wery well done ,albeit a bit stretched out. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I watched it. It was good. My highlights were when they mentioned Golden and Strawberry getting to the Yankees. Lol.

Wery well done ,albeit a bit stretched out. 

Was just insane when Gooden said he asked for  the 'Len bias shit".

Amazing he never OD'd.

23 minutes ago, br-avery said:

Was just insane when Gooden said he asked for  the 'Len bias shit".

Amazing he never OD'd.

Really was a shame Cashen dismantled that team and was so out of touch with who were the problems in the first place. Trading Mitchell and not bringing back Knight we’re huge mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Really was a shame Cashen dismantled that team and was so out of touch with who were the problems in the first place. Trading Mitchell and not bringing back Knight we’re huge mistakes. 

Apparently traded Mitchell cause he didn't want him running with Gooden and Straw,yet Mitchell by teammates account was nowhere near a bad influence.

Such a shame he got moved.

That was a really great series. It's too bad Cashen messed with a chemistry a bit because that team should have won more. I mean, dynasties are hard to predict, but that team was certainly capable. The Mets window of 1985-90 was their best in history and they should have at least won one more World Series. Despite the trades they were poised to win it all in '88, but losing to the Dodgers was a killer. If Gooden and Strawberry were in a better state, than they would have had much more success. It's a shame what happened because both of them would be and should be Hall of Famers.

• Phil unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

The Mets just had a monster good day.

Started it off by signing Eduardo Escobar, who was an All-Star last season. Adds depth and could very well wind up being the starting 3rd baseman.

Followed it up by signing OF’er Mark Canha from Oakland. Adds depth for the OF and is good at getting on base.

And to cap it, they just signed Starling Marte, who was pursued by several teams, to a 4 year/$78 Million dollar deal. Good CFer, good bat, good speed. Just a fantastic signing for the Mets to cap a very, very good day.

Still tons of work to do; namely in the starting rotation. But a very good day for Eppler.

An absolutely monumental signing by the Mets. Zero concern about the money; Cohen has it, let him spend it.

Like other analysts have said, this signals the arrival of Cohen in many ways. He is willing to spend money to build the Mets into a championship contender.

There is still work to be done, but by pairing (arguably) the 2 best pitchers in baseball at the top of your rotation, you are off to a dangerously good start.

Just an amazing day for the Mets. Wow.

• TroCheckmark 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

An absolutely monumental signing by the Mets. Zero concern about the money; Cohen has it, let him spend it.

Like other analysts have said, this signals the arrival of Cohen in many ways. He is willing to spend money to build the Mets into a championship contender.

There is still work to be done, but by pairing (arguably) the 2 best pitchers in baseball at the top of your rotation, you are off to a dangerously good start.

Just an amazing day for the Mets. Wow.

Nice. 

12 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Who cares what it costs really? If Cohen wants to spend, let him spend. 

We need pitching. I don’t see how getting Scherzer for nothing but money is anything but an amazing move.

Well, the Mets have this other pitcher, whom IS better than Scherzer. He is paid much less and is the franchise. Think he's very happy that he signed below market value recently now? They also just let a team icon and locker room favorite go elsewhere over a couple million dollars. 

But, like you said it's just money.  They finally got the best guy available.  But leave it to them,  to give the big money to a 37 year old pitcher. 

Now pay Baez or Bryant.  No excuses about money. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Well, the Mets have this other pitcher, whom IS better than Scherzer. He is paid much less and is the franchise. Think he's very happy that he signed below market value recently now? They also just let a team icon and locker room favorite go elsewhere over a couple million dollars. 

But, like you said it's just money.  They finally got the best guy available.  But leave it to them,  to give the big money to a 37 year old pitcher. 

Syndergaard sucks if that's who you're referencing. Predicting a 6 ERA in the 45 innings he pitches this year

There's absolutely no reason to be negative at all with the current state of things

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Who? Syndergaard? I liked him like anyone else, but he’s been out of the picture for 2 years now.

Do I think deGrom is happy? How COULDN’T he be happy? He wants to win, and they just got significantly better.

DeGrom has his opt out coming out, and you know Cohen will fork over whatever he wants.

I agree. More work to do, but this is just absolutely wild that we have these 2 ready to go.

I’m sure the Mets made promises about competing to be elite(obviously that’s the end goal). With that said, I’d have to imagine the Mets look for a veteran manager for the first time in a long time; especially with this veteran win-now team they are assembling.

No more rookie managers. No more experiments.

Go out and hire Buck Showalter.

32 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m sure the Mets made promises about competing to be elite(obviously that’s the end goal). With that said, I’d have to imagine the Mets look for a veteran manager for the first time in a long time; especially with this veteran win-now team they are assembling.

No more rookie managers. No more experiments.

Go out and hire Buck Showalter.

This. Absolutely.