• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I'm with you Shane, I think Boone gets really wrapped up in the numbers too...sometimes to a fault.  But the thing is, when you have players like Torres, who is playing FAR below expectations, and Chapman, who's confidence is as fragile as balsa wood, there's only so much a manager can do.

I forget sometimes to add in that they were pretty beaten up with injuries to some pretty significant guys like Hicks, Seve, and Kluber when he was pitching much better.  It's hard to fall back on that too, because every team has had their share of that crap as well....but if there's a silver lining for Boone I think that'd be it.

I really liked when they were stealing bases and bunting to manufacture runs with Velasquez, Davis and Florial.  That small ball mixed in with the big bats was working so well.  I don't know why they messed with it. 

Seems as soon as Torres came back they went in the shitter!  LOL

Not sure why they messed with a formula that was working, but like we've been saying, it's probably a crappy mixture of things. Its annoying to get excited and them watch them just disappear again.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Is it me or do I feel like there's more pressure to start the regulars (who have been underperforming this season) instead of the young guys that got you some swagger? 

Definitely feels that way at times. But I wouldn't be so quick to sit a guy who was working out for a regular coming back from injury.

Either way I hope they turn it around soon or it's another shit season.

I'm here Dunny!  ...Just staying on board this train as it goes up and down the roller-coaster trail.  Hopefully they can piece together enough to get into the wild card game.

At this point I think it's just enough to hold me over until this Sunday when football starts, and I can lament about my shitty Raiders defense week after week in the Football thread.

But after a few weeks of that puke it's Rangers time baby!!!

....all I keep hearing in the back of my mind is all the so-called experts saying how the Yankees bullpen is the strength of the team....

Really needed that game last night and came away with squat!  I dunno, it's gonna be an uphill climb the rest of the way.  I just think it's amazing that as this team got healthy, they got worse.  They're back to grounding into double plays like crazy and only scoring runs on the big fly.

I have a feeling a change in the off season is coming....

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

....all I keep hearing in the back of my mind is all the so-called experts saying how the Yankees bullpen is the strength of the team....

Really needed that game last night and came away with squat!  I dunno, it's gonna be an uphill climb the rest of the way.  I just think it's amazing that as this team got healthy, they got worse.  They're back to grounding into double plays like crazy and only scoring runs on the big fly.

I have a feeling a change in the off season is coming....

They need to blow up the analytics department. Start fresh because it’s clearly not working. Start there and toss Boone too. 

• Like 1

This team is toast. While I want Boone gone, that's not really going to solve much of anything. Cashman is the root of the problem. As long as he's here, nothing is really going to change. They all need to go, fresh management is needed. I also wish Steinbrenner would dump Levine, but he doesn't give a shit.

They can unload a couple of players too I think, Sharpy.  I couldn't wait for the injured guys to get back, and they've stunk since they returned.  They sent Squid back to AAA and if we see Ridings again it'll probably be with the freakin' Padres or some shit.

Even Gil is catching the disease!!  He already has given up 5 runs and 3 HR's today against the Twinkies!  Always nice to see a 4 spot in the first inning on their side of the board!!  LOL

Good thing Rangers season is upon us really soon!!!

32 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So go figure....They make a comeback and win that mess of a game!   This team is such a roller-coaster ride.  We best get a sweep in Baltimore...if we blow another series to them I think I'm going to projectile vomit on my TV!

You and I both. I still don’t see them as a World Series team. I want to, but it’s just not there.

7 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

You and I both. I still don’t see them as a World Series team. I want to, but it’s just not there.

I hear ya Shane...That was my sentiment earlier in this whole thread, and then they went on that 13 game run.  It's like you wanna believe in this team, but they just don't bring what it takes to be "THAT" team.  I bought into it for a while and you can almost see it coming together, but then they go and remind you of all the shit that got them where they are now.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I heard during a game last week that the Yankees have more losses to the Orioles than any other team in baseball....

Edited by Ozzy

Ok....seriously???  One strike away from winning, and the ball gets away???  How many games has this "defense" pissed away this season?  Between booted balls, mental fuck ups, bullpen breakdowns, and base running blunders, I'm pretty sure there's about 15 games EASILY that we could detract from our loss column!

What in the blazing blue fucking hell was that last night???

I don't even wanna get into how they piss away the effort of Monty's pitching last night.... they score 2 runs???...against Baltimore (AKA: The WORST team in MLB)????

Is it Rangers season yet???  Holy shit!!  

On 9/17/2021 at 10:20 AM, Ozzy said:

Ok....seriously???  One strike away from winning, and the ball gets away???  How many games has this "defense" pissed away this season?  Between booted balls, mental fuck ups, bullpen breakdowns, and base running blunders, I'm pretty sure there's about 15 games EASILY that we could detract from our loss column!

What in the blazing blue fucking hell was that last night???

I don't even wanna get into how they piss away the effort of Monty's pitching last night.... they score 2 runs???...against Baltimore (AKA: The WORST team in MLB)????

Is it Rangers season yet???  Holy shit!!  

You make it like Rangers hockey will bring any type of reprieve from your frustration.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

LOL! There might not be too much of a reprieve with that, but I think they'll mostly be fun to watch and they have young talent on the roster to be excited about. At least they won't be boring to watch and look totally lifeless most nights. Right!?

This

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Different kind of pain!  LOL

With the Rangers, I expect it! 

And this too. But the new additions and coach makes it more exciting. They're also a team coming from a rebuild. Yankees are.. Idk wtf they are LOL

11 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

This

And this too. But the new additions and coach makes it more exciting. They're also a team coming from a rebuild. Yankees are.. Idk wtf they are LOL

Yeah...seriously looking forward to the Rangers this season...probably more than I can remember in a long time!!!

The Yankees....I really kinda just lost interest to tell you quite honestly.  They were more fun to watch when Velasquez and those guys were manufacturing not only runs, but fun!!  They were fun to root for.

2 hours ago, Shane Falco said:

Yankees make no sense to me. They struggle with shitty teams then beat the Sox 8-3.

Makes sense to me. They have a terrible head coach with a GM pulling the strings.  They are consistently inconsistent. That’s who they are and that’s who they have been for quite a while. It’s like throwing darts at a board hoping the hot streak comes at the right time.