• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

We score 4 in the first, and fucking blow it....I don't know what it is about the Yanks, but once they sew up a series, they just can't help blowing the sweep game.

Geritt Cole tonight: Watch the putrid run support he gets! He'll still win it 2-1

That's how you can win a game, Yankees. Don't sell out for the long-ball at every at-bat.

Still concerned about leaving runners on base, though.

With this team's hitting ability, they should be able to manufacture runs way better!

I still think Taillon looks unreliable out there though. He leaves way too many pitches out over the plate.

Looking forward to Kluber tonight...He's been rock solid....also good to see Andujar back hitting!

With this team's hitting ability, they should be able to manufacture runs way better!

I still think Taillon looks unreliable out there though. He leaves way too many pitches out over the plate.

Looking forward to Kluber tonight...He's been rock solid....also good to see Andujar back hitting!

Kluber with the no hitter

Kluber with the no hitter

I watched the whole game, RMC!! Absolute gem!!! I felt so glad for the guy.

I was thinking in the 5th inning..."no one's gotten a hit yet". This one looks like it's gonna be interesting!"

I didn't move...

didn't get up to get a drink....

didn't take a pee...

didn't touch the remote...

I'm superstitious like that...and then you have Michael Kay saying "no hitter" the whole fucking 8th and 9th inning!!! I had to laugh! I figured if it gets fucked up, it's his fault...not mine!! :rofl:

I watched the whole game, RMC!! Absolute gem!!! I felt so glad for the guy.

I was thinking in the 5th inning..."no one's gotten a hit yet". This one looks like it's gonna be interesting!"

I didn't move...

didn't get up to get a drink....

didn't take a pee...

didn't touch the remote...

I'm superstitious like that...and then you have Michael Kay saying "no hitter" the whole fucking 8th and 9th inning!!! I had to laugh! I figured if it gets fucked up, it's his fault...not mine!! :rofl:

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority, but Michael Kay ruins so many moments. Less is more, but he's just too egotistical.

I missed the game but watched the highlights and the final out call and all that. His commentating on the final out was terrible.

I haven't heard John Sterling's yet, but I'll look for it today.

I try to tune out Kay, but I leave the sound up on games because I'm a big fan of both Paul O'Neil and David Cone. Those guys are priceless in the booth, and their stories are so funny!

I haven't heard John Sterling's yet, but I'll look for it today.

I try to tune out Kay, but I leave the sound up on games because I'm a big fan of both Paul O'Neil and David Cone. Those guys are priceless in the booth, and their stories are so funny!

Love Cone and Paulie

O'Neil is absolutely hilarious! I would never have expected him to be so entertaining. When he was a Yankee he always looked and played like he was mad at the world. Fucking guy is a total gem in the booth!

Cone is just outrageous! He's been fabulous as a Yankee and as a commentator since day 1.

We gotta cool off the Chisox this weekend a little bit....maybe even score a few runs for Cole....

O'Neil is absolutely hilarious! I would never have expected him to be so entertaining. When he was a Yankee he always looked and played like he was mad at the world. Fucking guy is a total gem in the booth!

Cone is just outrageous! He's been fabulous as a Yankee and as a commentator since day 1.

We gotta cool off the Chisox this weekend a little bit....maybe even score a few runs for Cole....

A few runs is putting it lightly, 7 runs for Cole!

A few runs is putting it lightly, 7 runs for Cole!

We beat 'em up pretty good this weekend, 02!! I liked the way we're starting to string hits together, and not just living off the "big fly".

Taillon had a pretty good outing yesterday; I like it when he uses his fastball more than not.

Big Series with the Jays starts tonight.

Our AL Player of the Week, Kluber starts!! :thumbs:

Who knows what's next for this squad....Triple play? ...Walk off Walk? ...No Hitter? It's been quite a week!! LOL

The last time the Yankees had a no-hitter and turned a triple play in the same season was 1917. This year they did both a week apart.

They're starting to get hot with the bats, Sharpy. That's bad news for the opposing teams, because their pitching has been lights out for the better part of a month now! :thumbs:

I'm thinking Kluber goes 6 strong, whiffs about 8, and the Yanks have a fight at the bat rack against Matz for about 6 or 7 runs tonight.

The pitching has been amazing, and yes, the bats are heating up. Torres is finally looking like the hitter he did a couple of years ago again. It sucks that Stanton's momentum got killed with the injury, so hopefully it's not like he kind of has to start all over again. Other than that, the offense is looking solid. Frazier has been a big disappointment, though. I can't remember the last time the Yankees pitching looked this good, though. It's just been impressive.

The pitching has been amazing, and yes, the bats are heating up. Torres is finally looking like the hitter he did a couple of years ago again. It sucks that Stanton's momentum got killed with the injury, so hopefully it's not like he kind of has to start all over again. Other than that, the offense is looking solid. Frazier has been a big disappointment, though. I can't remember the last time the Yankees pitching looked this good, though. It's just been impressive.

They're even getting Severino back soon....Geez! That's 3 Aces in the rotation, pretty much. If they get some traction out of Taillon and Garcia, this could be one of those magical seasons in the Bronx again! =)

Yeah, although I give pitchers a year from coming back from TJ before I really get excited. Hopefully he can work himself back to where he was. Taillon was solid his last start, which was encouraging. But, it helps the organization is getting some really good pitching in the minors if they needed to send Taillon down to work at things more. German has really surprised me. He's even pitching better than he was back when he won 18 games a couple of years ago, primarily due to getting a lot of run support. You have to worry about Kluber a little bit having to leave last night's game, but again, the pitching depth has shown through. It also may be time to give someone like Florial a look now also.

Yeah Sharpy, last night it looked like he didn't have his stuff. He got guys out in the first 2 innings, but he was straining.

I'm hoping for good news today with Kluber. If he's going through that same shoulder issue, he may be done for good. That'd be a shame....especially after the no-no.

Either way, the Yanks looked like shit last night. They were due for a stinker, but that's ok. Big rebound tonight coming!! :thumbs:

If I get any news on Kluber I'll post it.

This team makes me sad. I don't think I've seen a worse offensive Yankees team since the early 90's. Is it time to maybe get a new hitting coach yet? All of the hitters are starting to look like Marcus Thames.

They're offensive alright. Just not the meaning you're hoping for.