• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

Happ - former Yankee, aging vet, and having a terrible year. That sounds like a recipe for a 3 hit shutout of the Yankees tonight

The result was actually much worse than if that happened. lol In a game that felt like it was seven hours long, it was over in about ninety seconds.

The result was actually much worse than if that happened. lol In a game that felt like it was seven hours long, it was over in about ninety seconds.

Yeah, we fucking blew that one, Sharpy!! LOL

Seems like they were trying to throw that one out the window after the 6th inning.

I gotta say....sometimes this team has all the entertainment value of a popcorn fart! :rofl:

Yeah, that triple play had more to do with terrible base running. They kind of looked like how the Yankees had been looking for most of the season.

Eerily similar!!! Yeah....

Hopefully we get a good start outta Taillon tonight. He's due.

Big 2 outta 3 against the A's!

I didn't think they'd pull it out yesterday but Sanchez came through with the big hit.

4 games out in the loss column, but I'm still just not "feeling" this team yet. Too many mistakes on the bases, and they still struggle way too much with RISP.

Let's see how we fare against the Royals....

Boone is clueless most of the time. This team is so frustrating. Any time it seems like they're going to get some momentum, it's gone. Good start from Cole, Voit homers in his first at-bat since coming back off the IL. But, no, let's continue to wear out Loaisiga.

...and of course no one asked that question in the presser!!!

As soon as I saw Loaisiga, I was like...."Where the hell is Britton!!!"...especially after a fucking OFF DAY!!!

Ahh whatever Sharpy...I know man....just gonna be one of those years where we just can't get our shit together. We'll hang around and see what goes, but we have a rough stretch coming up: 3 with the Red Sox and then a series with the Mets.

I needed dramamine for my flipping back and forth between games last night, but this one was a wild one!! Holy shit!

Britton fucking away the 8th

Odor's 2 run blast to take the lead

Chapman blowing the save

Sanchez tying it with a bullet over the fence

...and finally Voit's walk off missile, off the wall to score Wade to win it.

...they don't get much crazier than that!! :rofl:

This team.... /sigh

Chappy needs to keep firing. It looks to me like he tries to get too cute sometimes with all those pitches he has now. Against teams like the Royals I say just "Rock & Fire"! Keep it simple!

I didn't know about his finger situation though, Sharpy.

Maybe he should take that finger and poke Torres in the eye. God Christ has he fallen off the map!!! :doh:

Watching Torres' play drop the last couple of years has been the biggest disappointment. I know he had that 38 home run year, but I never expected him to be a big power guy. I would rather he become more of an average hitter anyway. Although, neither of those things appear to be happening. Plus, his defense is still suspect. I still think he's a good player, and I'm glad they have him, but it's still concerning. I remember reading how before last season he showed up out of shape. That shouldn't happen.

Watching Torres' play drop the last couple of years has been the biggest disappointment. I know he had that 38 home run year, but I never expected him to be a big power guy. I would rather he become more of an average hitter anyway. Although, neither of those things appear to be happening. Plus, his defense is still suspect. I still think he's a good player, and I'm glad they have him, but it's still concerning. I remember reading how before last season he showed up out of shape. That shouldn't happen.

That leg kick is killing him. Sanchez had the same thing going on and now he's on fire. Torres needs to listen to Thames and get his shit together at the plate. Lately he's an automatic out.

Hopefully last night was a sign Taillon is starting to get his feet underneath him. I know Kansas City isn't that good, but still, he threw a really good ball game. A couple of starts ago I was contemplating whether they should send him down to work on things, but hopefully this outing instills some confidence. Sanchez continues to mash and getting Voit back is huge, as he's already made a big difference in the handful of games he's played in.

:angry:

Ugh I was at the game yesterday, Royals could have scored a run or 2 in the 1st 2 innings but left a runner on 3rd in both innings. Then Taillon got comfortable and started mowing everyone down. Also helps that Brad Keller sucks in innings 1-3 this season.

...always seem to take a little while to get Taillon going. If you tag him early, teams can get him on the ropes and put up some runs. Once he gets his mojo going, he pitches with more confidence, from what I've been seeing.

Sanchez is looking like the Sanchez of old after that leg kick shit got fixed, Sharpy. They should have him breathe on fucking Torres, because he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat this season!!! ;)

Judge looked great again....he's getting hot at a good time!