• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Euro Cup

Vodka Drunkenski

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah ENG shutout GER to advance to the QF. That was a big hurdle for them. They could legit make a run to the finals from here on out.

Huge. First win in a knockout game against Germany since 1966, first knockout win at the Euros since 1996. Next game in Rome, then back to Wembley for the semis and final.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Huge. First win in a knockout game against Germany since 1966, first knockout win at the Euros since 1996. Next game in Rome, then back to Wembley for the semis and final.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

It could be coming home for England.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Germany isn’t the Germany we are used to. Still, fuck England and booing our anthem. I get it, the country hasn’t done shit in over 50 years and are frustrated but have some respect for a football program that normally outclasses England in every way normally.

M?ller and Kroos should never have been playing. M?ller especially, he hasn’t done anything in over two years. I would have though after the last World Cup the Germans learned their lesson. Sad day for a German American such as myself.

Germany isn’t the Germany we are used to. Still, fuck England and booing our anthem. I get it, the country hasn’t done shit in over 50 years and are frustrated but have some respect for a football program that normally outclasses England in every way normally.

M?ller and Kroos should never have been playing. M?ller especially, he hasn’t done anything in over two years. I would have though after the last World Cup the Germans learned their lesson. Sad day for a German American such as myself.

Dude we boo every anthem, Germany or otherwise, always have always will. Wouldn’t take it personally. It’s more of an intimidation attempt rather than disrespect per say.

I didn't know you were a Deutsch-American? Interesting, whereabouts in Germany is your family from?

I didn't know you were a Deutsch-American? Interesting, whereabouts in Germany is your family from?

The M?nchen area. Have some Austrian family but mostly everyone on both sides of my family are from Germany. My family is associated with some of the first Germans to emigrate to New York. Kind of cool I suppose and there was a German library built in NYC paid for by my distant relatives that still is there called the Ottendorfer library (my surname). I guess I could go there and get free books lol. Cant read or write a word of German though lol.

Dude we boo every anthem, Germany or otherwise, always have always will. Wouldn’t take it personally. It’s more of an intimidation attempt rather than disrespect per say.

Yeah, no. I don’t care if they boo Santa Claus and small children. Doesn’t make it less disgusting. There are a few very valid reason many hate English supporters and this is one of them. It is what it is though and I have some very close friends including my neighbor from the UK. I’m also a Manchester United supporter since 1985 when I was 10 and in Manchester so it’s not like I’m picking on the English. Just a horrible look.

Yeah, no. I don’t care if they boo Santa Claus and small children. Doesn’t make it less disgusting. There are a few very valid reason many hate English supporters and this is one of them. It is what it is though and I have some very close friends including my neighbor from the UK. I’m also a Manchester United supporter since 1985 when I was 10 and in Manchester so it’s not like I’m picking on the English. Just a horrible look.

Disgusting is a bit excessive if you ask me. Brazil boo Argentina’s anthem and vice versa every time they play. The Scots, Welsh, Argentinians etc. boo ours. Don’t hear us whining about it.

What makes me laugh is people have an issue with us booing the anthem but not singing ‘10 German bombers’ (which I do disagree with for the record, and it’s a small minority that do who are just fucking idiots to be fair, although not an excuse).

I’m also intrigued as to why many hate the English supporters. I appreciate back in the 90’s that would be valid with hooliganism, but that has long since vanished and if anything we are targeted by opposition hooligans now (see Marseille, Rome, Istanbul etc). Most fans dislike us if anything because our domestic teams are simply better than theirs on a regular basis. Seems a bit rich to say people dislike the English fan base when the Italians and Eastern Europeans etc. are openly racist and/or homophobic on a regular basis at games. The English game has made huge strides in attempting to eliminate this behaviour in stadiums unlike other countries. It still goes on I’m not naive, but it leads to regular lifetime bans and fines etc. more often than not.

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Disgusting is a bit excessive if you ask me. Brazil boo Argentina’s anthem and vice versa every time they play. The Scots, Welsh, Argentinians etc. boo ours. Don’t hear us whining about it.

What makes me laugh is people have an issue with us booing the anthem but not singing ‘10 German bombers’ (which I do disagree with for the record, and it’s a small minority that do who are just fucking idiots to be fair, although not an excuse).

I’m also intrigued as to why many hate the English supporters. I appreciate back in the 90’s that would be valid with hooliganism, but that has long since vanished and if anything we are targeted by opposition hooligans now (see Marseille, Rome, Istanbul etc). Most fans dislike us if anything because our domestic teams are simply better than theirs on a regular basis. Seems a bit rich to say people dislike the English fan base when the Italians and Eastern Europeans etc. are openly racist and/or homophobic on a regular basis at games. The English game has made huge strides in attempting to eliminate this behaviour in stadiums unlike other countries. It still goes on I’m not naive, but it leads to regular lifetime bans and fines etc. more often than not.

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

A few things.

1. Yes the English deserve every bit of the rep they have with the hooliganism. Some of us are old enough to remember it. And also the super league was a horrible thing and supporters were right to express their displeasure but entering Old Trafford the way they did was unacceptable and I’m a United supporter for over 35 years.

2. There is still plenty of racism in English football. Son dealt with it on Tottenham, Rashford and a few United players dealt with it as well, Dhanda dealt with some, etc.

3. It’s disgusting to me when ANY fanbase boos another teams national anthem. I’m not saying it’s only disgusting when the English do it. I’m not even sure how that can be argued.

4. I’m not even really sure where the “our domestic teams are better than theirs” idea is coming from. I can only give my own opinion, as a person that supports an English domestic team and it has nothing to do with how successful my club is over the last 25 years.

At least we're getting a great game between Italy and Belgium. I thought the pen call for Belgium was soft, but 2-1 will certainly be more exciting than down 2-0.

Italy did a fantastic job of wasting a good 10 minutes pretending to be hurt from the 75th minute on lol. It happens but they were taking it to a whole new level

A few things.

1. Yes the English deserve every bit of the rep they have with the hooliganism. Some of us are old enough to remember it. And also the super league was a horrible thing and supporters were right to express their displeasure but entering Old Trafford the way they did was unacceptable and I’m a United supporter for over 35 years.

2. There is still plenty of racism in English football. Son dealt with it on Tottenham, Rashford and a few United players dealt with it as well, Dhanda dealt with some, etc.

3. It’s disgusting to me when ANY fanbase boos another teams national anthem. I’m not saying it’s only disgusting when the English do it. I’m not even sure how that can be argued.

4. I’m not even really sure where the “our domestic teams are better than theirs” idea is coming from. I can only give my own opinion, as a person that supports an English domestic team and it has nothing to do with how successful my club is over the last 25 years.

Sorry for the delayed response:

1. Hooliganism was a long time ago you know that right? Barely exists now, only perhaps in lower league rivalries (i.e. Millwall). Also, you realize plenty of other countries have hooligans to right? And what has the super a league got to do with it? If the fans didn’t do what they did people would have a Super League and be complaining about that. So it’s a good job they broke in. Don’t be bitter because it ruined the fixture schedule and cost you the Europa League (joke).

Note: wasn’t sure if “some of us are old enough to remember it” was aimed at me or just stating a fact. You are older than me, granted, I’m late 30’s, but I’m English born and raised and lived through hooliganism (only moved to NA in my thirties). My local team Gillingham played Fulham and a guy got stabbed in the alleyway outside the stadium for example. I remember bananas being thrown at John Barnes and all the other shit to. We have plenty to be ashamed of but no more or less than many other nations.

2. Of course there is, I said there was. What I’m saying is nobody hates the Italian fans, for example, despite the fact they are openly racist, far more than the English IMO, but because we boo one of our biggest rivals anthems we are a disgrace. No sorry that’s utter bullshit. Everyone has their priorities wrong.

3. I feel this is an American thing. You guys take anthems way too seriously (and you are entitled to your opinion of course, no offence intended). If Ukraine boo our national anthem tomorrow I literally couldn’t care less. I don’t find it an a front to me, my country, or the Queen. In an ideal world would everyone be prim and proper and show respect, of course (see Rugby and Cricket, very gentlemanly). But never gonna happen anytime soon. Football is a lower class sport supported by many including the dregs of society. Players dive (see Italy today, and I’m not picking on Italy, honest), but people have given up calling that out. Someone cheating on the pitch is far worse than a few fans booing an anthem (and again I’m not naive, I include the likes of Grealish in this).

4. I was merely stating perhaps a reason why we are hated as you say is because our teams are generally very successful in European competitions. Winning breeds jealousy. Was no different when it was the other way around. Perhaps people don’t like us because 2 of the last 3 champions league finals have been between English teams, for example. I don’t know, it’s you that are saying we are hated so you tell me.

In short, I think booking the anthem is overblown. We boo’d an old rivals anthem in a huge game in our home stadium. It’s happened before, it will happen again, and it’s happened to us in years past. Not sure I see the big deal and the focus is on the wrong stuff here. Hungary fans get applauded for singing the anthem with the players after they drew with France, but let’s ignore the homophobic slurs they threw at players during games (Ronaldo and I think Mbappe), so much so that Wijnaldum threatened to walk off if it happened to him next game. Nobody comments about that, but a boo’d anthem!

Oh my god a disgrace! Get outta here. We are hated because we had hooligans over 20 years ago despite the fact pretty much every large footballing nation has a hardcore hooligan fan base. Seems pretty weak to me. Always makes me laugh though because the English are so indifferent to other fans (aside from Germany and perhaps Argentina due to history). We care more about the product on the pitch and focus all our anger on their perennial underachievement lol.

Anyway, at least you won’t hear the booing in Rome, and hopefully we don’t fuck it up again! Enjoy the rest of the tournament (spoiler, if we make the semi’s the Czech or Danish anthem is 100% getting boo’d, albeit perhaps not the extent of the Germany as there is no rivalry).

And Sancho was a good signing [emoji106]

Spain squeezes by the Swiss with one of the worst round of penalty kicks I’ve ever seen

Damn I really wanted the Swiss to pull that one off, but it seriously looked like which team wanted to throw it away more.

Sorry for the delayed response:

1. Hooliganism was a long time ago you know that right? Barely exists now, only perhaps in lower league rivalries (i.e. Millwall). Also, you realize plenty of other countries have hooligans to right? And what has the super a league got to do with it? If the fans didn’t do what they did people would have a Super League and be complaining about that. So it’s a good job they broke in. Don’t be bitter because it ruined the fixture schedule and cost you the Europa League (joke).

Note: wasn’t sure if “some of us are old enough to remember it” was aimed at me or just stating a fact. You are older than me, granted, I’m late 30’s, but I’m English born and raised and lived through hooliganism (only moved to NA in my thirties). My local team Gillingham played Fulham and a guy got stabbed in the alleyway outside the stadium for example. I remember bananas being thrown at John Barnes and all the other shit to. We have plenty to be ashamed of but no more or less than many other nations.

2. Of course there is, I said there was. What I’m saying is nobody hates the Italian fans, for example, despite the fact they are openly racist, far more than the English IMO, but because we boo one of our biggest rivals anthems we are a disgrace. No sorry that’s utter bullshit. Everyone has their priorities wrong.

3. I feel this is an American thing. You guys take anthems way too seriously (and you are entitled to your opinion of course, no offence intended). If Ukraine boo our national anthem tomorrow I literally couldn’t care less. I don’t find it an a front to me, my country, or the Queen. In an ideal world would everyone be prim and proper and show respect, of course (see Rugby and Cricket, very gentlemanly). But never gonna happen anytime soon. Football is a lower class sport supported by many including the dregs of society. Players dive (see Italy today, and I’m not picking on Italy, honest), but people have given up calling that out. Someone cheating on the pitch is far worse than a few fans booing an anthem (and again I’m not naive, I include the likes of Grealish in this).

4. I was merely stating perhaps a reason why we are hated as you say is because our teams are generally very successful in European competitions. Winning breeds jealousy. Was no different when it was the other way around. Perhaps people don’t like us because 2 of the last 3 champions league finals have been between English teams, for example. I don’t know, it’s you that are saying we are hated so you tell me.

In short, I think booking the anthem is overblown. We boo’d an old rivals anthem in a huge game in our home stadium. It’s happened before, it will happen again, and it’s happened to us in years past. Not sure I see the big deal and the focus is on the wrong stuff here. Hungary fans get applauded for singing the anthem with the players after they drew with France, but let’s ignore the homophobic slurs they threw at players during games (Ronaldo and I think Mbappe), so much so that Wijnaldum threatened to walk off if it happened to him next game. Nobody comments about that, but a boo’d anthem!

Oh my god a disgrace! Get outta here. We are hated because we had hooligans over 20 years ago despite the fact pretty much every large footballing nation has a hardcore hooligan fan base. Seems pretty weak to me. Always makes me laugh though because the English are so indifferent to other fans (aside from Germany and perhaps Argentina due to history). We care more about the product on the pitch and focus all our anger on their perennial underachievement lol.

Anyway, at least you won’t hear the booing in Rome, and hopefully we don’t fuck it up again! Enjoy the rest of the tournament (spoiler, if we make the semi’s the Czech or Danish anthem is 100% getting boo’d, albeit perhaps not the extent of the Germany as there is no rivalry).

And Sancho was a good signing [emoji106]

Yeah I’m. Oh sure I can agree with the anthem being an “American” thing at all. Just look at how w team like a Italy belted theirs out. Disagree whole heartedly.

I’m not really trying to have a go at you specifically just for the record. While hooliganism of 1990 is done, it doesn’t mean it’s done and dusted totally in English supporters. There is still work to do but not just for England of course.

But I will say this. If you guys are saying “go ahead boo our anthem we will settle it on the pitch” then you’ve been doing a lot wrong since 1966 or for Euros never, which many used to feel was the tip top for European footie.

Sancho. Meh. I agree but United’s problems weren’t with attacking or goals. Greenwood featured more would have been fine. MaGuire is shite but stuck and needs a better compliment than Lindleof for fucks sake. Then Pogba can’t be a 6 since he cares far too little for the dirty work. We need our next Keane and the rest falls into place.

Yeah I’m. Oh sure I can agree with the anthem being an “American” thing at all. Just look at how w team like a Italy belted theirs out. Disagree whole heartedly.

I’m not really trying to have a go at you specifically just for the record. While hooliganism of 1990 is done, it doesn’t mean it’s done and dusted totally in English supporters. There is still work to do but not just for England of course.

But I will say this. If you guys are saying “go ahead boo our anthem we will settle it on the pitch” then you’ve been doing a lot wrong since 1966 or for Euros never, which many used to feel was the tip top for European footie.

Sancho. Meh. I agree but United’s problems weren’t with attacking or goals. Greenwood featured more would have been fine. MaGuire is shite but stuck and needs a better compliment than Lindleof for fucks sake. Then Pogba can’t be a 6 since he cares far too little for the dirty work. We need our next Keane and the rest falls into place.

I just don’t think the anthem thing is a big deal and people are making a mountain out of a molehill. In an ideal world would it happen, of course not. But they are focused on the wrong issues as per usual. We aren’t gonna agree on that one. I get the Italian comment, but my point being if England were to play Italy in Rome in the final in front of a packed house our anthem is getting booed 100%.

Of course not, that we agree on. And don’t worry I know you aren’t attacking me/us, I’m genuinely interested in your opinion but appreciate the comment (and hopefully I haven’t offended anyone). By why does every other country with hooligans get a pass? That’s my issue I guess. We’re hated, why aren’t they? Especially as are hooliganism is so mild in comparison over the past 20 years.

It’s not really about that at all, our players never settle anything on the pitch, as you rightly state our tournament record lol. It’s more we don’t take it so personally I guess. We simply aren’t bothered by a few boo bird. You boo ours, we boo yours louder. It’s fan rivalry, harmless fun of sorts in the stands. Of course there are lines and limits but I don’t feel we crossed one on that occasion personally.

The last point I do agree on. Pogba sucks, especially in a Man Utd shirt. Maguire is poor outside this tournament since leaving Leicester. You need a centre back desperately, and a Keano. I like Rice or Phillips in that role for you and someone like Tarkowski as off season signings, although you likely need a better footballing centre back in this day and age considering City signed Dias. Varane would be huge if that pans out but not sure I see it. Sancho is better than what you have and an upgrade, so long as you address the other holes in the team. Same with signing Van De Beek. Good player, don’t need him. Poor management from above.

I just don’t think the anthem thing is a big deal and people are making a mountain out of a molehill. In an ideal world would it happen, of course not. But they are focused on the wrong issues as per usual. We aren’t gonna agree on that one. I get the Italian comment, but my point being if England were to play Italy in Rome in the final in front of a packed house our anthem is getting booed 100%.

Of course not, that we agree on. And don’t worry I know you aren’t attacking me/us, I’m genuinely interested in your opinion but appreciate the comment (and hopefully I haven’t offended anyone). By why does every other country with hooligans get a pass? That’s my issue I guess. We’re hated, why aren’t they? Especially as are hooliganism is so mild in comparison over the past 20 years.

It’s not really about that at all, our players never settle anything on the pitch, as you rightly state our tournament record lol. It’s more we don’t take it so personally I guess. We simply aren’t bothered by a few boo bird. You boo ours, we boo yours louder. It’s fan rivalry, harmless fun of sorts in the stands. Of course there are lines and limits but I don’t feel we crossed one on that occasion personally.

The last point I do agree on. Pogba sucks, especially in a Man Utd shirt. Maguire is poor outside this tournament since leaving Leicester. You need a centre back desperately, and a Keano. I like Rice or Phillips in that role for you and someone like Tarkowski as off season signings, although you likely need a better footballing centre back in this day and age considering City signed Dias. Varane would be huge if that pans out but not sure I see it. Sancho is better than what you have and an upgrade, so long as you address the other holes in the team. Same with signing Van De Beek. Good player, don’t need him. Poor management from above.

Van der beek was a head scratcher move especially when he doesn’t get used. Maguire would be so much better if he weren’t paired with Lindleof but with the money they spent on him, he shouldn’t need specific pairings to be good.

God I wish we could clone Keane lol

Van der beek was a head scratcher move especially when he doesn’t get used. Maguire would be so much better if he weren’t paired with Lindleof but with the money they spent on him, he shouldn’t need specific pairings to be good.

God I wish we could clone Keane lol

Sadly the days of Keane and Vieira are gone. They wouldn’t last 5 seconds with VAR lol. I miss that rivalry in the late 90’s and 2000’s so much.