• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Euro Cup

Vodka Drunkenski

England had it going in those first few minutes and that first goal was craziness. The rest of the first half? They allowed Italy to ‘pass’ their way back into the game with good possession. Second half was entertaining and on pins and needles. This post-game crap is wholly unacceptable though. Kicking Italy fans? Really?

That clip apparently is from before the game, when a group of people forced their way into the Stadium without actually having tickets. Instead of leaving things to Security and Police this ensued.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I blame Southgate for is not using Grealish in a pk and putting Kane first of all places when your best guy goes 4th (not 5th because it may never get to him if it goes all wrong). Rashford is a no brainer to take a pk though. He has taken plenty of big penalties for United so no qualms with that. Sancho after never playing is insane. That’s a lot on a young man for his country in that spot. Sako is odd because you didn’t use Grealish first who has played many bigger games in his club career. Especially considering you subbed him in for extra time. Sako should be like the 7th guy or so. No Sterling either?

I get your point but nobody knows man. Saka could have been 10/10 in training for all we know. Having Grealish shoot over Saka is no different IMO. Sterling has missed a bunch for City to, although I would have selected him. Is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That clip apparently is from before the game, when a group of people forced their way into the Stadium without actually having tickets. Instead of leaving things to Security and Police this ensued.

This.

Thx for clarifying. It certainly looked like a post-game scrum. Why all of the kicking and beating before the game? Geezus people are dumb. "Animals without tails."

Thx for clarifying. It certainly looked like a post-game scrum. Why all of the kicking and beating before the game? Geezus people are dumb. "Animals without tails."

Dumb is the right word. I get the impression it was people with tickets inside the stadium trying to fight back those breaking in without tickets. Luckily the police managed to sort it all out in time.

There certainly was a lot of stupidity going around, 19 police officers injured and 49 arrests and weirdly Wembley security seemed unable to do something about the people who broke in. What?

https://news.sky.com/story/theyre-thugs-not-fans-met-police-federation-condemns-england-supporters-after-officer-attacks-12354076

Overall it appears tame compared to stuff that happened in the 90s when Hooligans would march openly through the streets and fight in the venues (France World Cup in 1998 was a mess wherever English, Dutch or German crowds would appear.) or even worse the 80s, but still I thought we as a sports fandom were mostly past that era, at least on National team level. (Club level is a whole different mess)

My personal favourite exert…

“There is an obvious conclusion to be drawn from the wretched abuse of England’s black players. Clearly there is a group of people in this country that needs to be identified, censured and made, failing some divine conversion to the light, to shut the fuck up”

Well written article.

And I fear it could be written about most Nations in Europe, with some variations of course, at least I am under no illusion what would happen in Germany if a Turkish or Black player were to miss an important penalty. In fact ?zil has experienced a lot of it.

Well written article.

And I fear it could be written about most Nations in Europe, with some variations of course, at least I am under no illusion what would happen in Germany if a Turkish or Black player were to miss an important penalty. In fact ?zil has experienced a lot of it.

Yeah good point. You don’t have to look far to see many nations are experiencing something similar, albeit varying degrees.