• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox Wins Norris Trophy

Phil

I think awards can be subjective at times. If I was a Tampa Bay fan, I really wouldn't care that Hedman has only won one Norris. I'd just be really happy to have him. Lundqvist won only one Vezina, which is flabbergasting, we all know and appreciate his greatness, so it's not a huge deal to me. I saw a lot of salt on social media from other fans of Fox winning, saying Makar got robbed. That may be so, but can they just let us enjoy Fox winning? Makar is probably going to win five Norris trophies in his career or something anyway.

I think awards can be subjective at times. If I was a Tampa Bay fan, I really wouldn't care that Hedman has only won one Norris. I'd just be really happy to have him. Lundqvist won only one Vezina, which is flabbergasting, we all know and appreciate his greatness, so it's not a huge deal to me. I saw a lot of salt on social media from other fans of Fox winning, saying Makar got robbed. That may be so, but can they just let us enjoy Fox winning? Makar is probably going to win five Norris trophies in his career or something anyway.

I watched a lot of Makar this season as well, Sharpy. He's a damn good player, but I think he had a little bit more to work with than Fox did in the way of talent, and experienced players around him. That's going to change as the Rangers get older and more experienced, so I'd actually expect Fox to get even better...if that's even conceivable!! :thumbs:

It's really cool to see how this thing is coming together for us. It's so hard to be patient, and I'm doing the best I can to ...as Keirik says..."Stay the course". But I think now that the management decisions are made, I think Drury is going to make this think work.

I just have a crazy gut feeling that he's been closer to this whole roster creation than I originally thought, and I also think he knows exactly what to do to get this train rockin'! I really don't see Drury making any crazy asset depleting trades, or paying any silly over-payment contracts with NMC's.

The more I hear about, and read about Gallant, the more I'm feeling like he was "The Guy" we needed for this crew. But this Norris trophy for Fox is the first of MANY that are going to be headed our way.

I guess it's safe to say I'm ready for next season already!!! :rofl:

Yeah, like, there's only so much discussion and speculating you can do before it gets stale. I'm just ready for the offseason and moves to be made so we actually have new things to discuss. Drury has been very close to this whole thing, he's a smart guy, I'm sure he knows what needs to be done. As much as losing Gorton and especially JD hurt, they left with this organization in pretty good shape. They have a coach in place and now they just have to sprinkle in a few pieces to get this roster set.

Yeah, like, there's only so much discussion and speculating you can do before it gets stale. I'm just ready for the offseason and moves to be made so we actually have new things to discuss. Drury has been very close to this whole thing, he's a smart guy, I'm sure he knows what needs to be done. As much as losing Gorton and especially JD hurt, they left with this organization in pretty good shape. They have a coach in place and now they just have to sprinkle in a few pieces to get this roster set.

I'm with you, my man!!!

By the way...our Yankees??? Yeah, we're having one of THOSE years!!!!!! ;)

See ya in the other thread!! LOL

I'm with you, my man!!!

By the way...our Yankees??? Yeah, we're having one of THOSE years!!!!!! ;)

See ya in the other thread!! LOL

Indeed. Watching them, I'm actually ready for hockey season to just restart once the draft and free agency is over. :rofl:

• Like 1

30. When the Rangers acquired Adam Fox from Carolina, then-GM Jeff Gorton took heat. It was widely-believed Fox wanted to be in New York, and if he went back to NCAA Harvard for one more season, they could get him for free. Why waste the assets? Instead, the Rangers brought him in and got his pro career started. One season later, he’s the Norris Trophy winner. It’s a lesson: if you really want someone, don’t wait. Go get them.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-nhls-olympic-participation-stands-off-season-begins/

• 4 weeks later...
Rangers need to lock him up long term before it cost them over 10M per season.

Hearing Nurse is getting 9.25M for 8 years.

Brutal contract. The market for D this summer has been insane. Only thing the Rangers have going for them is that Fox will be an RFA instead of a UFA, but at this rate I'm expecting his contract to be astronomical.

Rangers need to lock him up long term before it cost them over 10M per season.

Hearing Nurse is getting 9.25M for 8 years.

Brutal contract. The market for D this summer has been insane. Only thing the Rangers have going for them is that Fox will be an RFA instead of a UFA, but at this rate I'm expecting his contract to be astronomical.

8 years and $74 million for Nurse is nuts.

That’s probably 15-20 million too high for him.

Rangers need to lock up Fox now

• 1 month later...

The folks at NHL Network did not get the memo about Fox winning the Norris, as they placed him at No. 22 in their list of the top players in the NHL (Makar No. 13).  They also dropped Zib from 11 to 39.  I can see Zib going down, but not that much, not over ten spots below... Barzal.

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

The folks at NHL Network did not get the memo about Fox winning the Norris, as they placed him at No. 22 in their list of the top players in the NHL (Makar No. 13).  They also dropped Zib from 11 to 39.  I can see Zib going down, but not that much, not over ten spots below... Barzal.

that’s fine, they've got the 94 conference finals on right now 

17 hours ago, shestYORKin said:

that’s fine, they've got the 94 conference finals on right now 

They show Games 6-7 of 94 conference final and game 7 of the final over and over and over again.  It would be nice if they mixed in some other games.  They also show Gretzky's last game -- a boring meaningless 1-1 tie -- repeatedly.  The ceremony at the end would be enough!