• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox Wins Norris Trophy

Phil

I don't know how much is available, but I've seen full copies  on youtube of games 4 and 6 of the Flyers series in 1974 and Game 6 of the Islanders series in 1979.  One of Gretzky's hat tricks from the 1997 playoffs would also be good.  In any event, I think they show the three I mentioned before about 20 times in a given year.  Also, they've got to stop using the DEVIL's feed when they show the Messier called shot game!

19 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I don't know how much is available, but I've seen full copies  on youtube of games 4 and 6 of the Flyers series in 1974 and Game 6 of the Islanders series in 1979.  One of Gretzky's hat tricks from the 1997 playoffs would also be good.  In any event, I think they show the three I mentioned before about 20 times in a given year.  Also, they've got to stop using the DEVIL's feed when they show the Messier called shot game!

If you're talking about the feed where its Gary Thorne's call "Do you believe it?!  He said they would win game 6 and he just scored the hat trick"(or something along those lines) then I am pretty sure that was just a national feed from ESPN, not the Devils.  Back in those days I think Doc and Chico called the games.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

If you're talking about the feed where its Gary Thorne's call "Do you believe it?!  He said they would win game 6 and he just scored the hat trick"(or something along those lines) then I am pretty sure that was just a national feed from ESPN, not the Devils.  Back in those days I think Doc and Chico called the games.

They play both the Thorne and Doc calls, the latter being particularly galling as no one should ever have to listen to Chico's commentary on a shining tribune in the Rangers catechism.  I suppose the MSG network owns MSG feed.  I'm sure NHL network could get some of the full games that are played in Canada which you can sometimes get on youtube, for example a 1-0 Ranger win at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1964 in which Jacques Plante, in spite of his spotty Rangers career, absolutely stands on his head.  Interesting stuff.

16 hours ago, Sod16 said:

They play both the Thorne and Doc calls, the latter being particularly galling as no one should ever have to listen to Chico's commentary on a shining tribune in the Rangers catechism.  I suppose the MSG network owns MSG feed.  I'm sure NHL network could get some of the full games that are played in Canada which you can sometimes get on YouTube, for example a 1-0 Ranger win at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1964 in which Jacques Plante, in spite of his spotty Rangers career, absolutely stands on his head.  Interesting stuff.

Ah I see, ok.  As I was.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I’m shocked Fox didn’t get a single vote in predictions for the Norris Trophy on ESPN for this upcoming season. 

I havent watched Makar or Hughes as much as Fox so I may be biased, but when I do watch them I always walk away with the impression that Fox is better. Yet those two and Hedman always seem to get more praise. I dunno what else Fox has to do to prove himself as the best Dman in the league. 

23 minutes ago, siddious said:

I havent watched Makar or Hughes as much as Fox so I may be biased, but when I do watch them I always walk away with the impression that Fox is better. Yet those two and Hedman always seem to get more praise. I dunno what else Fox has to do to prove himself as the best Dman in the league. 

I always come away floored by Makar. He's so, so good. 

This generation of young defenders is the best I've seen in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Makar and Hughes are just far more dynamic players, much better skaters and shooters. Fox is so friggin smart and makes so many deft plays and passes, but his skating mechanics are wonky and sometimes it looks like he can't hit the net from the blueline on the fly with a wrist shot.

Makar and Hughes will bring you out of your seat, but Fox will have you sitting there dumbfounded saying "How'd he do that?"

Edited by Pete
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

Makar and Hughes are just far more dynamic players, much better skaters and shooters. Fox is so friggin smart and makes so many deft plays and passes, but his skating mechanics are wonky and sometimes it looks like he can't hit the net from the blueline on the fly with a wrist shot.

Makar and Hughes will bring you out of your seat, but Fox will have you sitting there dumbfounded saying "How'd he do that?"

One of the things I noted last season with the difference between DeAngelo and Fox running the PP was the deception ADA had. Guys looking the complete opposite way. Fox showed a lot more of those smart, calculated 'looks' in his second season.

I hope Lafreniere can do the same. It was his bread and butter in kid-career. It started showing in the preseason, hope it continues.

Panarin, Strome and Zibanejad may be able to pass through people, but Fox and Lafreniere can go to a different level.

45 minutes ago, josh said:

One of the things I noted last season with the difference between DeAngelo and Fox running the PP was the deception ADA had. Guys looking the complete opposite way. Fox showed a lot more of those smart, calculated 'looks' in his second season.

I hope Lafreniere can do the same. It was his bread and butter in kid-career. It started showing in the preseason, hope it continues.

Panarin, Strome and Zibanejad may be able to pass through people, but Fox and Lafreniere can go to a different level.

I can see that. Different styles. ADA walked the line much better, but he was looking for a play. Fox knows where the puck is going before he gets it, his decision making is top notch. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I boo you