• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tarasenko Requests Trade from Blues; Rangers an Option?

If we add a healthy Tarasenko we become way more legit as contenders. He and Panarin on a line would be unreal.

They don't need the offense. Let the kids get those reps so they can be the players the team needs for the next decade.

Lafreniere and Kakko putting up 40-50 points each on ELCs is way better than Tarasenko putting up 50-60 on $7.5mil. Especially when Tarasenko carries another year on his deal when we'll be dealing with cap hell on Zibanejad, Fox, and others.

I smell a "Ballsy prediction" in there! ;)

Which begs the question, when are we submitting our ballsy predictions, fellas? (I apologize, I'm just so ready for this season!!!) LOL

Personally I love Tarasenko. Wish they’d have drafted him in 2010.

But at this point I view him in a similar vein as Sean Monahan.

Lots of injuries. Bunch of surgeries. Gotta prove your healthy first.

Monahan especially.

Love him.

But he’s had 6 surgeries in the last 4-5 seasons, including major hip surgery in May, and he doesn’t turn 27 till opening night

Personally I love Tarasenko. Wish they’d have drafted him in 2010.

But at this point I view him in a similar vein as Sean Monahan.

Lots of injuries. Bunch of surgeries. Gotta prove your healthy first.

Monahan especially.

Love him.

But he’s had 6 surgeries in the last 4-5 seasons, including major hip surgery in May, and he doesn’t turn 27 till opening night

Imagine having a job where you have had 6 surgeries by age 27; id be looking for a new career. These athletes go through hell sometimes to entertain us; much appreciated, Cheers!

Imagine having a job where you have had 6 surgeries by age 27; id be looking for a new career. These athletes go through hell sometimes to entertain us; much appreciated, Cheers!

I think they go through hell for the multimillion dollar paycheck as the motivating factor, not to entertain schlubs like us watching on tv lol

In Monaghan’s defense and just to get the facts out there, of those 6 surgeries, 4-5 have been minor.

But still. Health is a concern

I'd rather a move like this to happen closer to the trade deadline when we can ascertain if the player we need is someone like Tarasenko. Maybe the need is something else by that point? I'm ok going into the regular season with what we have right now.

Offense wasn’t an issue last season.

The PP was shit most of the season, except for 3 weeks

Panarin-Strome have played with nobodies the last 2 seasons.

KZB player a man short for the last 2 season, whether it was dog-house Buch, ghost Kreider, or COVID Mika - rarely were they all hit.

With Chytil, Kakko, Lafreniere and Kravtsov getting older, I don’t anticipate a large drop in offense among the top 6, while also seeing an increase in offense in the top 9.

Tarasenko is a move if the kids aren’t cutting it. For me, those aren’t the question-marks for the next 2 seasons.

If just say no doesn't get the message across, try just say never.

I dont think so. It's more of a "not right now"

Can easily see a scenario where they'd want a guy like this this seasons deadline or next seasons deadline. Cost, injury recovery, and prospect evaluation over that span will determine

• 1 month later...

With 2 years left on his deal,  and this Kravstov mess. Does an even swap make sense here? Maybe get some salary retention? 

The Blues could use the cap space and the Rangers could use some sort of actual top 6 scoring threats, even if said player played on the 3rd line with Chytil if it came to it..

I'd rather just play Kravstov and see how he does, but egos..

Is this selling low? I wanted no part of Tarasenko,  but I think this situation needs to be resolved way faster than people are suggesting. I don't sit on this kid. He CAN get paid in the KHL. 

6 minutes ago, josh said:

Will Tarasenko accept an assignment in Hartford?

True. There's just no room for him. What with super talent Dryden Hunt here. Boy.. Are Florida and Arizona kicking themselves for letting this gem go. 

Did they release Miller yet? Just a matter of time with Tinordi waiting patiently on the outside looking in.

I wish the Rangers would fill us in on the obvious injury problem with Hajek. Once he gets healthy and back in action, our defensive woes are over!

And

spacer.png

• Applause 1

An interesting question…

Just finished watching VGK-STL. Tarasenko was a force, scoring 2 goals but having numerous other scoring chances, notably being robbed in the slot by Lehners glove in the 2nd period.

The talk for months has been about our depth at wing. Suddenly, with Buchnevich gone and Kravtsov having the mental capacity of a 6 year old in Toys R Us, our depth there has been potentially called into question. All it took was an injury to Kakko (hopefully back within days) for us to be playing plugs like Hunt in the Top-9 and on the 2nd PP unit.

Now, even though Tarasenko is playing and producing, as far as we know, the Blues would be willing to move him. This whole issue was never completely put to bed and as far as know, the request to be moved was never rescinded. He’s still out there and attainable in the right move.

My question is this: do they potentially have interest in Kravtsov? When we moved Buchnevich there, the assumption was that we were moving forward with making some room for a person like Kravtsov on the wing. Clearly that isn’t happening. Would a package of Kravtsov and potentially another prospect (a lesser prospect) be of interest? We can certainly fit Tarasenko in for this season, as the room is there. He has 2 years (including this season) left on his deal. Perhaps if they were willing to eat a percentage of that money, and the Rangers can meet their ask for a top flight prospect like Kravtsov who needs a change of scenery, maybe there is a match after all? In this scenario, you would have to imagine Kreider would be slotted down to 3rd line, leaving your wingers on the top 2 lines as Panarin, Tarasenko, Lafreniere and Kakko.

Just a thought. I have always been fairly opposed to this and never believed it made sense with what we believed to be a lot of depth on the wings. But suddenly, that is called into question. Maybe this could be a route Drury looks to?

• Like 2