• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hockey Background

jsm7302

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty late to the hockey party (20 years old).

I started watching Whitley Warriors (Uk) around 1993, shortly after that I started to skate (inline & Ice).

Around 1995 I started playing inline and then about a year later I started playing beer league.

Played for various teams throughout the years, had a total break for about 3 years from about 2005, missed it and came back.

Fast forward to 2018 when I was selected to play for the Great Britain Inline team at the Euro cup

Then selected to play for the GB veterans (over 45's) inline team at the 2019 world championships in Italy

Selected again in 2019 for the Euro cup later that year.

Then selected to be assistant captain for GB at the inline world championships in Germany 2020... Boom, covid hit and life was cancelled.

That just about sums it up lol

I was pretty late to the hockey party (20 years old).

I started watching Whitley Warriors (Uk) around 1993, shortly after that I started to skate (inline & Ice).

Around 1995 I started playing inline and then about a year later I started playing beer league.

Played for various teams throughout the years, had a total break for about 3 years from about 2005, missed it and came back.

Fast forward to 2018 when I was selected to play for the Great Britain Inline team at the Euro cup

Then selected to play for the GB veterans (over 45's) inline team at the 2019 world championships in Italy

Selected again in 2019 for the Euro cup later that year.

Then selected to be assistant captain for GB at the inline world championships in Germany 2020... Boom, covid hit and life was cancelled.

That just about sums it up lol

That is awesome dude.

Played with a number of guys who played roller "professionally" while growing up- Always thought I was a pretty competent player, and a particularly good skater, until I played against some of these guys :rofl:

• Like 1

That is awesome dude.

Played with a number of guys who played roller "professionally" while growing up- Always thought I was a pretty competent player, and a particularly good skater, until I played against some of these guys :rofl:

We have no 'pro' inline leagues in the Uk. Most people don't even know it exists as a sport.

Only time I get on the ice anymore is a yearly trip to a buddy's lake house in the Adirondacks. last time we played though I had a broken hand so I was a little bit limited lol. wrapped it up, downed some whiskey and was dishin out apples

You're a warrior, BBB!!! That's the way to do it, man!!!! :thumbs:

• Like 1