• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [C] Ryder Korczak in 3rd Round (75th Pick)

Drew a Penalty

“Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, Ryder didn’t get to play a full season for the Moose Jaw Warriors this season. But, he played in 17 games and recorded 16 points (three goals and 13 assists). The bulk of his primary assists came on the powerplay.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/smahtscouting.com/2021/06/09/scouting-report-ryder-korczak/amp/

“Puck-handling is Korczak’s defining skill, using a combination of herky-jerky movement, deception, and pace to beat defenders. On the power play, his deception reaches another level, threatening shots to set up cross-slot feeds. And the shot’s dangerous, too. He changes the angle on his shots, and occasionally rifles a curl-and-drag wrister around a defender. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide “

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201839/ryder-korczak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201839/ryder-korczak

Puck-handling is Korczak’s defining skill, using a combination of herky-jerky movement, deception, and pace to beat defenders. On the power play, his deception reaches another level, threatening shots to set up cross-slot feeds. And the shot’s dangerous, too. He changes the angle on his shots, and occasionally rifles a curl-and-drag wrister around a defender. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

While we went grit with Grubbe, seems like we went with high skill on Korczak.

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 4:45 PM, Pete said:
siddious said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WtF with his headshot ...

🤣🤣🤣 looks like a mug shot

6 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

2 assists on the night to go along with it. 

Nice! Seems like a prospect we can get excited about from everything I’ve read. 

• 6 months later...

Signed his ELC today after a 79 point season and 13 point playoff run. HIs brother is a D in the Vegas system and is a fair bit larger. 

Would love one of the Prospect hawks @Drew a Penalty(?) to say more here, but this was a solid season for the kid. I don't want to get too hype because he's a bit undersized and there's a perception that he's being carried a little by two upcoming high picks (Jagger Firkus should be a mid-low 1st in this draft, Brayden Yager is a top 10-ish prospect for '23).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...