• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Evander Kane in All Sorts of Hot Water; Under NHL Investigation(s)

I don't buy the throw games allegations. That would be very hard for a non-goalie hockey player, acting alone, to do. If you started giving the puck away consistently, you'd get benched, even if you are a star. As for the rest, it's completely consistent with gambling addict behavior, and there's no question that he is one of those.

Angry wives can embellish and even lie in divorces. I kid you not! It happens.

I don't buy the throw games allegations. That would be very hard for a non-goalie hockey player, acting alone, to do. If you started giving the puck away consistently, you'd get benched, even if you are a star. As for the rest, it's completely consistent with gambling addict behavior, and there's no question that he is one of those.

Angry wives can embellish and even lie in divorces. I kid you not! It happens.

Well, their goalie sure did suck.. Possible accomplice? Jones had horrible numbers the last 3 years. Somehow got another gig too.

Several of Evander Kane's teammates don't want the Sharks winger to return to the team next season, sources tell The Athletic.

The team was trying to trade Kane earlier this summer, a source says, confirming a report from the Daily Faceoff. A big part of the reason for the team to pursue a deal was Kane's strained relationship with many of his teammates, according to several sources.

Kane, who is coming off one of the best seasons of his career, is under investigation by the NHL after his wife accused him of betting on hockey in an Instagram post on Saturday. Kane denies the allegations and says he is looking forward "to cooperating fully with the league's investigation" into the matter.

https://theathletic.com/news/several-sharks-teammates-dont-want-evander-kane-back-on-the-team-sources/1ffGCFrGpnx3

Why did they even extend him? lol

Braindead.

They extended him in 2018 after they went to the conference finals (losing to the Blues). I guess they didn't feel like they had a reason not to?

They had Pavelski and Thornton, different locker room I'd imagine.

They extended him in 2018 after they went to the conference finals (losing to the Blues). I guess they didn't feel like they had a reason not to?

They had Pavelski and Thornton, different locker room I'd imagine.

Definitely a different dressing room/leadership group.

Waiting for the investigation to see what level of culpability Kane has.

Would be weird for him to be top 5 in short-handed points if he was throwing games, would be easier to throw the game by not making the effort short-handed.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20202021&seasonTo=20202021&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=shPoints&page=0&pageSize=50