• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Evander Kane in All Sorts of Hot Water; Under NHL Investigation(s)

Waiting for the investigation to see what level of culpability Kane has.

Would be weird for him to be top 5 in short-handed points if he was throwing games, would be easier to throw the game by not making the effort short-handed.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20202021&seasonTo=20202021&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=shPoints&page=0&pageSize=50

Give him the Black Sox treatment.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2021 at 6:33 PM, NY Chief said:

I never got that. I would WANT a guy on my team who bet us to WIN!

parlayed the win with the under, whiffing on empty netters lol

Glad they resolved the gambling issue. Despite his issues I think, based on his play, it was pretty clear he wasnt throwing games or anything

Hope the rest of the accusations turn out to be false as well but they're serious and keeping him away from the team for the time being is probably best. 

“In the early part of our marriage, it was verbal abuse,” she wrote, “but I eventually became his punching bag.”

In the filing, Anna Kane claimed that Evander Kane violently forced her to have oral sex with him in March 2019 after a funeral for the former couple’s daughter, who died after she was born more than two months premature.

Days later, Anna Kane wrote, “Evander again forced me, against my will, to have sexual intercourse with him even though I had not healed.

The filing says that when she protested, Evander said, “you can’t rape your wife.”

Evander Kane’s lawyer, Travis Krepelka, responded to the allegations in a lengthy statement sent to this news organization, saying in part, “Evander denies ever abusing Ms. Kane or their daughter Kensington, whom he cherishes.”

In June 2021 when she and Evander were at his mother’s house in Vancouver, British Columbia, Anna Kane alleged that he grabbed her by the neck with both hands, “actually picking me up off my feet, and continued violently choking me.”

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/09/22/evander-kanes-wife-anna-alleges-physical-sexual-abuse-in-reported-filing-for-restraining-order/

Listening last week to the hockey channel, they were mentioning that multiple players approached management and said they don’t want to play on a team with Evander. The whole thing is sad.

While I think he’s not exactly my cup of tea, I’m willing to bet he is mostly misunderstood. His upbringing and family “influences” likely make his look seem worse than it is. For all that isn’t his fault though, he still is 1 move away from the KHL or worse for the remainder of his career. 

Okay so these accusation are coming from his wife who we now know already made completely false accusations about him betting on games.  There's not much credibility there and for all we know she may be the fucked up one. That stuff she's accusing him of is awful and it would take a horrendous human being to commit those type of acts.  Just like it would take a nut job to bet on his own hockey games.  I can't give her the benefit of the doubt after the initial lies.  She seems to be out to ruin him.  

• Phil changed the title to Evander Kane in All Sorts of Hot Water; Under NHL Investigation(s)

8. Last week, Sportsnet reported that Evander Kane was under investigation for breaking COVID protocols. Tuesday night, Front Office Sports’ AJ Perez reported it involves “the possibility (Kane) submitted a fake vaccination card.” I don’t know where this is going to go, but when I was working on it, I wasn’t under the impression that this particular transgression (should it be proven true) could jeopardize Kane’s contract.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-fall-robin-lehners-comments/

• 3 months later...

He  just pissed away over 22M. Bravo, that puts you in a special category of stupid that very few can say they've entered. Plus that frees all that cap space up for the Sharks to actually try an invest into a real player who's not going to constantly shit all over themselves.

Edited by jsrangers