• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BSBH Fantasy Hockey 2021-22

Phil

That's a great point, actually — so let's pause on the proposal as it stands. The bigger question would be, if we enable keeper status, how many players would you guys like to/be comfortable with keeping year-over-year? I've never done a keeper league before, so this is new to me from a fantasy strategy perspective. I'd need the input of the league itself first in order to gauge what the best solution might be.

This could also be an ongoing discussion that we ultimately make a call on the following season, if need be. There's no rush to adopt this now.

That's a great point, actually — so let's pause on the proposal as it stands. The bigger question would be, if we enable keeper status, how many players would you guys like to/be comfortable with keeping year-over-year? I've never done a keeper league before, so this is new to me from a fantasy strategy perspective. I'd need the input of the league itself first in order to gauge what the best solution might be.

This could also be an ongoing discussion that we ultimately make a call on the following season, if need be. There's no rush to adopt this now.

That's true Phil ,we dont have to decide if its going to be a keeper league yet ,but you probably would draft a little different if you knew if its a keeper league ,

All keeper leagues I am in have at least a NA spot,for the future of your roster in the coming years

You keep 1 player, can't be your 1st round pick, and you forfeit the the pick from the round before your keeper was picked..

So if you keep the player you drafted in the 2nd round, you give up your 1st round pick. 4th round player is kept, 3rd round pick is given up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's such a pain in the ass it's not worth it

On 9/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, Phil said:

Sorry, I had to restore from an earlier backup which undid most of the posts from earlier today.

Let's roll call the proposed changes again. Vote yes or no to each. Simple majority passes.

1. Kill PIM as a scoring category

2. Add blocked shots as a scoring category

3. Enable keeper league

OK, so on Fantasy, I'm thinking we put a pin in the idea of a keeper for now. This is a conversation we should begin right after this coming season ends so we have a maximum window to make this kind of decision.

The roll calls on killing PIM and adding Blocked Shots as scoring categories both passed. I'm implementing these now.

1 hour ago, Scotty Gomez said:

Haven't been on here in a long time, looks like I got booted from the league ?

We had the thread up a while, and I noticed you hadn't logged in in months. I reached out via PM as well and never heard back, so we offered your spot out. Sorry.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:19 PM, Phil said:

We had the thread up a while, and I noticed you hadn't logged in in months. I reached out via PM as well and never heard back, so we offered your spot out. Sorry.

No worries, I'm almost never on here these days. I've been expecting this to happen the last few years haha. 

• 2 weeks later...