• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New Forum Software is Coming, Starting Tonight

Phil

We're moving onto bigger and better things. Emphasis on better.

Tonight, around 8:30pm, the forums will be going offline so that Dave and I can begin the process of migrating our community to a new platform — Invision Communities. Same forum you've come to love (or hate), new software.

Due to server/hosting requirements, we would have had to have upgraded to vBulletin's 5.0 software by the end of the year, or the forums would have gone offline. I initially planned on doing just this, but after spending the last 48~ hours test-driving Invision's demo platform (and furiously fighting errors with vBulletin), I'm convinced that this move is absolutely the right next step for us, not vBulletin.

We'll have a new look, with tons of new features for everyone to enjoy. There will also be some adjustments that we'll tackle as we go.

For now, while you wait for the migration to complete, feel free to peruse the Invision website to learn about some of the new features in store for us. Until then, please be patient. This process should take a few hours to complete, but this is a new one for us both, so it could be longer. Give us some slack while we iron everything out.

See you all on the other side.

Thanks,

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For anyone against change I promise you that the Invision software is much more user friendly. Especially on mobile. You probably will not even need to use Tapatalk anymore.

Features that will be available to us now

-Tagging users: Typing @savebyrichter35, for example, will tag me in a post and alert me that I was tagged.

-Liking/disliking posts: Similar to Facebook/IG likes

-Drag/drop or copy/paste images: No longer need to host images on external sites like imagur or imgBB and use the image tags. Can insert right from your phone pictures while on mobile.

-IG/Twitter links should automatically embed without coding them in with tags.

Its going to look different from vBulletin but I promise the usability will be worth the change for everyone.

For anyone against change I promise you that the Invision software is much more user friendly. Especially on mobile. You probably will not even need to use Tapatalk anymore.

Features that will be available to us now

-Tagging users: Typing @savebyrichter35, for example, will tag me in a post and alert me that I was tagged.

-Liking/disliking posts: Similar to Facebook/IG likes

-Drag/drop or copy/paste images: No longer need to host images on external sites like imagur or imgBB and use the image tags. Can insert right from your phone pictures while on mobile.

-IG/Twitter links should automatically embed without coding them in with tags.

Its going to look different from vBulletin but I promise the usability will be worth the change for everyone.

Uploading photos will be disabled. Yes, that option exists within the software, but it's a DMCA nightmare just waiting to happen. The other features you're talking about are all going to be enabled, though.

I'm also likely to disable disliking.

Uploading photos will be disabled. Yes, that option exists within the software, but it's a DMCA nightmare just waiting to happen. The other features you're talking about are all going to be enabled, though.

I'm also likely to disable disliking.

Why? Could be a cool feature. Might be better than rep which does nothing

Yup. Said to Dave, "watch them trade Kreider for Tom Wilson tonight, and name Trouba captain. Back to back."

As soon as you go to apply the update, Eichel's twitter is going to start following the Rangers twitter, then we get wind of Strome boarding a plane to Ottawa