• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Introduction Thread [New Members Start Here]

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Introduction Thread [New Members Start Here]
  • 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, Mess11 said:

I'm new.  Midwest kid that lived on Governors Island in the early 90's.  Used to get Ranger/Jets/Giants tickets through the USO.  Really do miss it out there. Always tons to do.

Welcome to the site! Lots of good passionate fans here. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Mess11 said:
I'm new.  Midwest kid that lived on Governors Island in the early 90's.  Used to get Ranger/Jets/Giants tickets through the USO.  Really do miss it out there. Always tons to do.

Welcome aboard, my man!  Fasten your seat belt for a hell of a ride with a great crew!! 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Welcome. We're you from the old / other board ?

I’ve been around our online communities since the NYRbb of like 2003? Back in the days of the Glen Sather’s cigar threads… then the move to the “old board”, which was pretty great. The consolidation to the NHL board, which was pretty not great,  where I moved over to the HF community instead.

Was doing a google search of the game tonight and came across this place, and recognized a name it two so I figured I’d say hello, and maybe join you all for the games when I can.

• Cheers 2
  • TroCheckmark 1

15 minutes ago, SlingshotVv said:

I’ve been around our online communities since the NYRbb of like 2003? Back in the days of the Glen Sather’s cigar threads… then the move to the “old board”, which was pretty great. The consolidation to the NHL board, which was pretty not great,  where I moved over to the HF community instead.

Was doing a google search of the game tonight and came across this place, and recognized a name it two so I figured I’d say hello, and maybe join you all for the games when I can.

Awesome! Welcome aboard. There are a good amount of us from thr old board all under new names. Great place yo talk Rangers. 

• 1 year later...

I’m from Chambersburg Pennsylvania. I was born and raised in south eastern Pa. I just like hockey. When I was a kid I used to go to the Hershey Bears games, AHL. Then when I was older I went to Flyers games. I lived close.  They will be bad for a long time, I think. I am not any special fan of any team. I like the game. I have the NHL network and get The Hockey News. I probably will not comment much on the discussions concerning the team and 

other Rangers news. But their goalie is top notch. I am sorry the Devils beat them in the Playoffs. I just learned that AT&T SPORTSNET out of Pittsburgh is shutting down at the end of the year. There goes the Penguins and Pirates games. Leaves me with the Capitals games on tv. The Rangers are supposed to be very good this year again. Best of luck to them. 

Edited by Win262

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 7:12 PM, Win262 said:

I’m from Chambersburg Pennsylvania. I was born and raised in south eastern Pa. I just like hockey. When I was a kid I used to go to the Hershey Bears games, AHL. Then when I was older I went to Flyers games. I lived close.  They will be bad for a long time, I think. I am not any special fan of any team. I like the game. I have the NHL network and get The Hockey News. I probably will not comment much on the discussions concerning the team and 

other Rangers news. But their goalie is top notch. I am sorry the Devils beat them in the Playoffs. I just learned that AT&T SPORTSNET out of Pittsburgh is shutting down at the end of the year. There goes the Penguins and Pirates games. Leaves me with the Capitals games on tv. The Rangers are supposed to be very good this year again. Best of luck to them. 

get ESPN + you can watch whatever games you want for the most part 

welcome 

• 4 months later...

Welcome to the site @JJ in VA 

You'll find an abundance of information on the team, updates about the roster, youth in the system, etc. here on the forums. 

If you're in front of a computer, laptop, phone, or the like during the game tonight, feel free to post in the Game-Day-Thread, which can be found here - 

• Like 1
  • LINDY! 1

4 hours ago, JJ in VA said:

I'm new here and look forward to some local insight into the NYR.   Been stuck in VA since 1982 but never gave up my Jersey roots.   LGR

Welcome ! As Philly said, that Rangers forum here and game day thread is a great way to watch along with fellow fans and interact during games, or catch up with what's been going on in real time. LGR!

• Keeps it 100 1

• 2 months later...

Good Morning,

I bring a perspective from the islands, St Croix to be specific.  Grew up in Princeton, NJ.  Went into the city for weekends with my Grandmother at 6th Ave and 12th street.  My Grandfather was a regular Rangers fan back in the 30's, 40's and 50's (I'm not young).

I'm no expert, but have gone from a casual fan to watching every game this season......because they are so damn good.  Really enjoy the info and perspectives from the fans on this board.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Beeski said:

Good Morning,

I bring a perspective from the islands, St Croix to be specific.  Grew up in Princeton, NJ.  Went into the city for weekends with my Grandmother at 6th Ave and 12th street.  My Grandfather was a regular Rangers fan back in the 30's, 40's and 50's (I'm not young).

I'm no expert, but have gone from a casual fan to watching every game this season......because they are so damn good.  Really enjoy the info and perspectives from the fans on this board.

spacer.png

Welcome aboard! 

2 hours ago, Beeski said:

Good Morning,

spacer.png

Welcome and can we come watch games at your house?

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Beeski said:

Good Morning,

spacer.png

Welcome!!  

Enjoy the fun!  Best place to be to talk Rangers! ....and other stuff too! 

• TroCheckmark 1