• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gallant, Drury Expected To Name Captain This Season

Phil

3 minutes ago, Lord Al said:

I can see the Rangers giving the A to Ryan Reaves 

I've been trying to downplay the "overreaction" narrative this off-season, but this would make me chance my mind lol. That would be a really fucked up move.

As far as I can see he's never had a letter before, why would he get one here?

7 hours ago, Chuck_IV said:

Depends. I personally think there has, but it will take a bit if time for Gallant to really get to know these guys before they make the call.

If they're naming a C before the season, how much time does Gallant really get to know them?

I don’t think I’ve been satisfied enough to think a current veteran has the ability to alter the room to be a team that will have that ‘do anything to win’ mentality. 

Maybe it is Mika. Maybe he was breaking into that role. Maybe he was going to be announced C before getting the other c. That’s the only conspiracy I can have regarding any of them. But since the team has been given to Zibanejad & Kreider, then including Panarin and Trouba... they haven’t been good, nor have these gents shown the consistent leadership ability to get the team turned around. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, josh said:

I don’t think I’ve been satisfied enough to think a current veteran has the ability to alter the room to be a team that will have that ‘do anything to win’ mentality. 

Maybe it is Mika. Maybe he was breaking into that role. Maybe he was going to be announced C before getting the other c. That’s the only conspiracy I can have regarding any of them. But since the team has been given to Zibanejad & Kreider, then including Panarin and Trouba... they haven’t been good, nor have these gents shown the consistent leadership ability to get the team turned around. 

I'm kinda thinking along those lines now, Josh.  If there was a "Leader" in amongst that veteran group, I'm thinking they would be Captain already.  I'm thinking now along the lines of Fox being the choice for the next decade plus.  Like the choice of the "new generation" kinda thing.

I think he'd be a great captain.

53 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Fox is too quite of a personality IMO.  Kreider probably would've been a good choice if the wasnt a disappearing asshole

I dunno Simon...sometimes the quiet leaders are pretty effective.  They lead by example in my opinion....and sometimes it's not what they say...it's what the DON'T say! 

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I dunno Simon...sometimes the quiet leaders are pretty effective.  They lead by example in my opinion....and sometimes it's not what they say...it's what the DON'T say! 

nah...a leader cant be a quiet guy.  leading by example is overrated. Ryan Callahan was a C because he hussled