• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Best Worst Pizza?

Phil

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

That's just ridiculous. Little Vinnys is probably the best pizza in the galaxy. 

It actually is, Dude man...but trying to gather up my wacky friends, get to Vinny's, then eat and get back in 45 minutes is like trying to pull my bottom lip over my head!  LOL

glad nobody said Little Cesars

are they good? .....well they're Hot and Ready! pizzapizza

Dominos kinda slaps sometimes. Like, you dont get it when you want pizza. you have to want Dominos

Sidebar though, is there an actual best pizza thread? like best pizza in NYC? Cuz you gotta head up to Arthur Ave and hit up Full Moon pizza for that one (also Casa de Mozzarella next door for the freshest cheese ever) 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:12 AM, Keirik said:

Technically as we all are Rangers fans, the best WORST pizza probably was Rosas in Penn as we waiting for trains. 

I always loved...shit now I can't remember the name of it.  They had the huge slices, I always got chicken and broccoli for some reason.  It was right near Friday's prior to the Penn Station renovation.  Then never came back post reno.  Dammit this is going to bother me all day until I can think of it.  Anyways, I had Rosa's once, I liked my other place better.

Yessssssss...as I was writing Ozzy's response I remembered it.  Caruso's Pizza.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:39 AM, Ozzy said:

'85 for me, SBR! 

The pizza at Sachem North was pretty good...always made us think twice if we wanted to travel all the way to Little Vinny's!  LOL 

The fact that Little Vinny's was the closest spot to Sachem North back then is mind boggling lol.  There is probably close to 50 pizzerias that are closer now.  Little Vinny's is great after midnight when nothing else is open and you're going after a night at the bar or after a late night beer league game.  Other than that is pretty terrible.  Paper thin slices that flop down because the crust it too thin to support itself.  Pies made in mass production that its never fresh.  With that said, I still fucking love their pizza lol.  Their heroes are legit too.  My go to pizzeria in the area is Mangiamo's, across from Boston Market on Portion rd.  Over by where Blockbuster used to be.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I always loved...shit now I can't remember the name of it.  They had the huge slices, I always got chicken and broccoli for some reason.  It was right near Friday's prior to the Penn Station renovation.  Then never came back post reno.  Dammit this is going to bother me all day until I can think of it.  Anyways, I had Rosa's once, I liked my other place better.

The fact that Little Vinny's was the closest spot to Sachem North back then is mind boggling lol.  There is probably close to 50 pizzerias that are closer now.  Little Vinny's is great after midnight when nothing else is open and you're going after a night at the bar or after a late night beer league game.  Other than that is pretty terrible.  Paper thin slices that flop down because the crust it too thin to support itself.  Pies made in mass production that its never fresh.  With that said, I still fucking love their pizza lol.  Their heroes are legit too.  My go to pizzeria in the area is Mangiamo's, across from Boston Market on Portion rd.  Over by where Blockbuster used to be.

Oh you know what man...remember Aegean's Pizza in the Sun Vet Mall??/  That was absolutely the best around!!!  Back in the day I used to work in the Gameroom in there...the Subway...maybe before your time, but holy fuck, man...that pizza was killer!!!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Oh you know what man...remember Aegean's Pizza in the Sun Vet Mall??/  That was absolutely the best around!!!  Back in the day I used to work in the Gameroom in there...the Subway...maybe before your time, but holy fuck, man...that pizza was killer!!!

Aegean's is still there, it might be the only thing left there at this point lol.  I don't recall the game room though.  I didn't go to SunVet very much in my youth.

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Aegean's was the shit.

I remember some long haired freaky guy working the game room in the Sun Vet Mall, my mom wouldn't let me in there.

36 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Aegean's was the shit.

I remember some long haired freaky guy working the game room in the Sun Vet Mall, my mom wouldn't let me in there.

Oh shit yeah!!!  LOL  I used to be able to tuck that mane in the back pockets of my jeans, while I was standing!!!   Probably scared the shit outta a lot of those little mutants!!!

Who knew I'd go from hero to zero in that category, RJ!!!

Hey dude...we gotta catch Keirik when the season starts for a game (or 10).  SBR (savebyrichter) is a local dude too...should make for a good night out!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Applause 1

Now that I don't work nights anymore I should be good for a few games this year.

Should get the board at least the local ones to get tickets to Hank's number retiring game.  Maybe get group tickets to that game if MSG does that.

I'll text that young lady who works for MSG from the game we went to and see if she has any info on it.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

??? It's amazing. 

Terrible? These words are sins. Little Vincent's of Ronkonkoma is THE best pizza around.

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Oh shit yeah!!!  LOL  I used to be able to tuck that mane in the back pockets of my jeans, while I was standing!!!   Probably scared the shit outta a lot of those little mutants!!!

Who knew I'd go from hero to zero in that category, RJ!!!

Hey dude...we gotta catch Keirik when the season starts for a game (or 10).  SBR (savebyrichter) is a local dude too...should make for a good night out!

Lmao.  I moved out of NY 2 years ago. F that place. Really don't miss much about it.  It will always be home, but it's just not worth it to live there. 

• LOL 1

It's Little Caesars.  Never really had it much, but didn't really remember it being that good.  Then after moving to the south it's clearly the best one and it also helps that it's like half the price of any of the other chain places.  You get like a large pizza, stuffed breadsticks and a free 2 liter soda and it will cost like $9.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

It's Little Caesars.  Never really had it much, but didn't really remember it being that good.  Then after moving to the south it's clearly the best one and it also helps that it's like half the price of any of the other chain places.  You get like a large pizza, stuffed breadsticks and a free 2 liter soda and it will cost like $9.

Thats the cost of a regular slice at some spots in the city ?

When I was in the Navy, being underpaid and all, Hungry Howies was our go to for bad pizza.  They had flavored crusts that helped hide the horrible taste of the pizza.  Nowadays, I never eat any of those chain stores.  I prefer to support my local pizza shop.  My brother in law is a General Manager for Little Caesars and has offered me free pizza any time I want.  Same with my niece when she used to work for Pizza Hut.  Had to disown her for a few years.

• LOL 1

39 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Not the best pizza but far from the worst.

I get their Sicilian, extra sauce. It’s decent enough. I’ve been hearing there is a place in wading river called la bistro that makes fantastic pizza. Think they have a second store in Cora, as well. 

22 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I get their Sicilian, extra sauce. It’s decent enough. I’ve been hearing there is a place in wading river called la bistro that makes fantastic pizza. Think they have a second store in Cora, as well. 

Oddly enough we got that pizza while we were camping at Wildwood.  It wasn't bad at all I don't recall it being anything special either.

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oddly enough we got that pizza while we were camping at Wildwood.  It wasn't bad at all I don't recall it being anything special either.

The Yelp reviews are insane. I figure it’s nothing amazing but considering how good the reviews are, I am intrigued.