• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Daily Fantasy Sports Thread

Used to play a lot but haven't really done it in a while. Well, the companies reeled me back in for NFL week 1

Fanduel gave me two free entries to their $1 Million winner tourney (made $14 on it) and Yahoo also gave me a free entry where I won $100    

so hopefully they just funded a season for yahoo. I'll save the fanduel money for when im in states with legal betting/when NY finally rolls out theirs

I took a long time off too. Back in 2015 around when states started threatening the DFS companies, I got spooked my money would get locked out. But I also recently have gotten back into it. I've been doing fantasy golf (lol) and I'll do hockey too once that starts.

I don't know the first thing about football, so I wouldn't even know where to start. The games are probably a bit softer than golf and hockey, so I wish I knew NFL.  

yeah im no NFL expert either, I just tend to look online for stuff and go from there.

Yahoo I guess has strict entry limits or some other way to basically prevent the types that have huge bankrolls and put hundreds of entries using algorithms (happens all the time on fanduel and draftkings) so maybe I'll just play there instead. 

Early on in DFS I was making a profit playing hockey. I think the 'Sharks' tended to not bother with the hockey contests but at some point it just got ridiculously hard for me to cash so i gave up

8 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

yeah im no NFL expert either, I just tend to look online for stuff and go from there.

Yahoo I guess has strict entry limits or some other way to basically prevent the types that have huge bankrolls and put hundreds of entries using algorithms (happens all the time on fanduel and draftkings) so maybe I'll just play there instead. 

Early on in DFS I was making a profit playing hockey. I think the 'Sharks' tended to not bother with the hockey contests but at some point it just got ridiculously hard for me to cash so i gave up

I mainly do limited entry events for that reason - single entry, three entry, etc.. 

I think the prevailing wisdom that the further you stray from the mainstream, the more sharks there are. In something like NFL there are plenty of sharks, but also plenty of shmucks just clicking buttons. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...