• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Apple Unveils iPhone 13 Pro, Pro Max at Virtual Event

Phil

On 9/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, Karan said:

Apple has committed to Face ID being the design path going forward and Touch ID is being phased out. Why would their design team commit to both? It'll unnecessarily increase the dimensions/weight of the device, not to mention the costs, which is high enough as it is. Until their recognition algorithm can be revised to effectively figure out a way around masks, we already have a simple alternative available to us: entering your passcode. 

Or maybe because touch ID is way more secure than face ID. If Apple wants to be known for privacy and security, the smart thing would be to ditch face ID. 

My Android is about 2 years old. I usually keep a phone for 2-4 years depending on my mood. I am sort of thinking to maybe get another one but who knows. What are the latest and greatest phones out there?  I’m on an LG. Almost went one plus last go around. 

On 9/15/2021 at 2:17 PM, Karan said:

So looking at the specs of the iPhone 13 Pro, it's basically a small incremental upgrade over the iPhone 12 Pro with the usual annual improvements to the processor/camera/screen/battery. No earth shattering new advancements. And as with most iPhones, you can skip a few generations to make the upgrade worth the money, unless you just have cash to burn or are an Apple fanboy.

Apple knows they have such market penetration it almost doesn't matter. When you buy a new iphone, you will upgrade to the newest one. In part because  the transfer process with an iphone in practically seamless and it's daunting for an iphone user to move to an android.  Not a tech guy to say one is better than the other, or that moving to android might make sense, simply it's a pain in the ass to change. The last thing in the world I want to do is spend an extended period talking to a Verizon or Apple tech line. 

Edited by Bugg

51 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Apple knows they have such market penetration it almost doesn't matter. When you buy a new iphone, you will upgrade to the newest one. In part because  the transfer process with an iphone in practically seamless and it's daunting for an iphone user to move to an android.  Not a tech guy to say one is better than the other, or that moving to android might make sense, simply it's a pain in the ass to change. The last thing in the world I want to do is spend an extended period talking to a Verizon or Apple tech line. 

If you have a gmail address, which most iPhone users do, the migration is seamless.