• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Book Recommendations

Shane Falco

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Fiction, non, self help?

Any. I have no preference right now.

2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Did you watch Game of Tnrones and not read the books?  The books are way better/more in depth.

I’m probably one of the only people left who hasn’t seen the show lol. Reading the series may be more enjoyable for me ?

On 9/17/2021 at 7:52 PM, Shane Falco said:

Looking for a couple of books to read this fall. Not really sure what genre to look into, so I'll take any recommendations y'all can give me.

Thanks in advance!

Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The two I'm slowly going through are:

Humankind - A Hopeful History - which is actually quite inspiring and it directly challenges a baseline assumption I (and I imagine many of us)was raised on. Very similar to Sapiens - though not quite as dense. (Aside, if you haven't read the whole library of work Harari has put out....that's a hell of a read)

The Ministry for the Future - Near-future quasi-dystopian novel in which industrialized nations fail to adequately stick to the Paris Climate Accords and the impacts of global warming on - at least initially - developing nations. Not quite through the halfway mark yet.

• Thanks 1

For fantasy/sci-fi, I've been reading/listening to the following

Brandon Sanderson - Stormlight Archive Series

Andrej Sapkowski - Witcher series

If you're a Star Wars fan, check out Timothy Zahn's post-Episode 6 Thrawn Trilogy

If you want to embark on an in-depth, epic series with twisting and winding paths that culminate and a deep universe: Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson. Cannot recommend it enough but it isn't for the faint of heart. Took me the better part of a year to finish the main 10 books. It is a complete series though, so you will get a conclusion unlike Stormlight or Song of Ice and Fire.

• Thanks 1