• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tomatoes Are Fruits

Phil

Ok, I've had the pineapple on pizza discussion so many fucking times and frankly, I am very opinionated when it comes to this topic. I've even discussed this several times on my stream and have won some people over to my line of thinking. 

Traditional hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham is fucking disgusting, but that's not the pineapple's fault. It's the fucking disgusting ass ham that gets put on there. 

Suggestion and the way to make pineapple more than acceptable on pizza: Do not use fucking ham. Do not use candied pineapple. 

Pineapple, pepperoni and/or bacon, jalapeno. If you're a black olive kind of person (I still can’t get over @Phil's wife and her swiss cheese and olive sandwich...does she still do this? fuckin psychopath), add those too. But I promise you, this is a million times better than your traditional hawaiian pizza, which again, is utter fucking trash. 

Don't even get me fucking started on BBQ chicken pizza. 

• Applause 1

9 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Ok, I've had the pineapple on pizza discussion so many fucking times and frankly, I am very opinionated when it comes to this topic. I've even discussed this several times on my stream and have won some people over to my line of thinking. 

Traditional hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham is fucking disgusting, but that's not the pineapple's fault. It's the fucking disgusting ass ham that gets put on there. 

Suggestion and the way to make pineapple more than acceptable on pizza: Do not use fucking ham. Do not use candied pineapple. 

Pineapple, pepperoni and/or bacon, jalapeno. If you're a black olive kind of person (I still can’t get over @Phil's wife and her swiss cheese and olive sandwich...does she still do this? fuckin psychopath), add those too. But I promise you, this is a million times better than your traditional hawaiian pizza, which again, is utter fucking trash. 

I've been a pizza purist all my life. Traditional pizzas only. I've softened on this stance over the years, but I think you distilled how I feel about the pineapple argument perfectly. Traditional Hawaiian pizza is a fucking abomination. But what you described actually sounds delicious.

I think with the right, quality ingredients and the proper care in making the pizza, anything can be good on a pizza. 

14 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Funny enough, I actually enjoy pineapple + jalapeno way more than traditional Hawaiian for the same reason. Ham is just okay.

And yes, she still does that shit, and it's vile. Extra swiss, extra olives, light mayo. On bread. ?

• LOL 1

15 minutes ago, phillyb said:

On the topic of fruits commonly being mistaken for vegetables...do cucumbers fall into this category? Is the rule still, "If it has seeds or a pit, it's a fruit?"

Cucumbers are, in fact, fruit.

"A botanical fruit would have at least one seed and grow from the flower of the plant. With this definition in mind, cucumbers are classified as fruit because they contain tiny seeds in the middle and grow from the flower of the cucumber plant."

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Funny enough, I actually enjoy pineapple + jalapeno way more than traditional Hawaiian for the same reason. Ham is just okay.

And yes, she still does that shit, and it's vile. Extra swiss, extra olives, light mayo. On bread. ?

Good Lord, dude....I wouldn't even eat that!!!  ...and I drink Jagermeister!!! 

Throw Up Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

44 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Pineapple, pork, and spice is a time-honored tradition - shit, it's literally the al-pastor taco. The question at hand is why on earth you add marinara and pizza dough to the equation. 

3 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Pineapple, pork, and spice is a time-honored tradition - shit, it's literally the al-pastor taco. The question at hand is why on earth you add marinara and pizza dough to the equation. 

Fuck...I've never thought about this. And the 25% of me that's Italian really wants to attack you right now. 

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Stockholm syndrome in a fucking bottle, dude. 

Holy shitballs, man!!  That stuff looks brutal!!!  LOL

Love the saying on the bottle:

For many years the label on the back of the bottle said:

Most first-time drinkers of Jeppson Malört reject our liquor. Its strong, sharp taste is not for everyone. Our liquor is rugged and unrelenting (even brutal) to the palate. During almost 60 years of American distribution, we found only 1 out of 49 men will drink Jeppson Malört. During the lifetime of our founder, Carl Jeppson was apt to say, 'My Malört is produced for that unique group of drinkers who disdain light flavor or neutral spirits.' It is not possible to forget our two-fisted liquor. The taste just lingers and lasts – seemingly forever. The first shot is hard to swallow! Perservere . Make it past two 'shock-glasses' and with the third you could be ours... forever.

The label was changed and now it says:

Jeppson Malört has the aroma and full-bodied flavor of an unusual botanical. Its bitter taste is savored by two-fisted drinkers.

Edited by Ozzy