• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Training Camp Thread

LindG1000

In less than 48 hours, training camp begins! Physicals on Wednesday, on-ice on Thursday.

Major questions:

1. Who will win the final D spot? We know that Fox, Lindgren, Trouba, Nemeth, and Miller are all locks, but there's fierce competition for that last spot between Lundkvist, Jones, Schneider, and Robertson.

2. The battle for the bottom 6.

3. Captain Phillips GIF - but who will it be!?

4. When will G1000 post the ballsy predictions thread? Perhaps the greatest drama of all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. I'd be floored if Lundkvist didn't take the 3RD spot. They cleared the decks for him. It's his spot to lose.

2. Barron is the real player to watch here, but this feels mostly settled, too. Basically, some combination of Rooney, Reaves, Blais, and Hunt/Barron.

3. Chris Trouba or Jacob Kreider. Watch 'em fuck around and Briere-Drury that thing and name co-captains.

4. Gonna go with Wednesday, September 21, 2021.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

1. I'd be floored if Lundkvist didn't take the 3RD spot. They cleared the decks for him. It's his spot to lose.

2. Barron is the real player to watch here, but this feels mostly settled, too. Basically, some combination of Rooney, Reaves, Blais, and Hunt/Barron.

3. Chris Trouba or Jacob Kreider. Watch 'em fuck around and Briere-Drury that thing and name co-captains.

4. Gonna go with Wednesday, September 21, 2021.

Is this because it doesn't matter which one they choose?  Honestly, I think it should be Kreider but maybe Trouba will be less effected at having the letter on his sweater.

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Is this because it doesn't matter which one they choose?  Honestly, I think it should be Kreider but maybe Trouba will be less effected at having the letter on his sweater.

Nah, more so just because they're both seen as likely candidates to be named captain.

30 minutes ago, G1000 said:

In less than 48 hours, training camp begins! Physicals on Wednesday, on-ice on Thursday.

Major questions:

1. Who will win the final D spot? We know that Fox, Lindgren, Trouba, Nemeth, and Miller are all locks, but there's fierce competition for that last spot between Lundkvist, Jones, Schneider, and Robertson.

2. The battle for the bottom 6.

3. Captain Phillips GIF - but who will it be!?

4. When will G1000 post the ballsy predictions thread? Perhaps the greatest drama of all.

Ok G...here we go:

1. Lundqvist...in a no doubter!

2. I'll agree with Phil's answer: Rooney between Blais and Reaves

3. Fox gets the "C"

4. Ballsy predictions thread comes out 9/22 just to make Phil's guess incorrect on purpose.  LOL

Jones' spot to lose. Far and away the best, most consistent player during prospect camp. 

No kids in bottom 6*. Might have a leftover winger with kakko/kravtsov but rest should be NHL guys. Maybe Barron makes someone expendable but not yet. 

Captain strome before the season starts, last day of camp

Came here to complain about not balls threads